F: J Daicos T Cloke N Davis
HF: N Daicos J Stewart C Brown
C: J Barham L Picken T Brown
HB: H Shaw W Kelly R Shaw
B: J Kelly D Moore J Cloke
R: C Cloke H Shepherd B Oborn
Int: B Starcevich M Richardson Z Merrett E Richards
Sub: J Merrett

Next year when we get Nick Daicos we will have a full 18 of father-sons plus two on the bench. Not a bad team at all. I'm padding the interchange out with grandkids for now till we breed a few more.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.

Next year when we get Nick Daicos we will have a full 18 of father-sons plus two on the bench. Not a bad team at all. I'm padding the interchange out with grandkids for now till we breed a few more.
I realise you're just having some fun with that, but you are stretching it a bit with the Merrett's, who aren't Thorold's grandchildren (they're his great nephews) and Brandon Starcevich is Craig's nephew, not his son!! Sam Weideman (as a grandson) would be a fair replacement.

Is that Tyler or Tarni on the wing?

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Watching 360 has always been a balance between the good stuff of the high profile guests and whateley's competence, versus Mark Robinson's quaint stupidity and amateurish non-professionalism...

If he can't be stuffed to get his head out his beer glass to make an effort to find out what's happening at the clubs, I cant be stuffed watching him.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
There's been a lot of talk around changing our game style and structure, I'm guilty as anyone.

Some would argue that it has changed for a positive, and I've agreed on the autopsy threads.

However I do question if our 'change' has come about because of the stand rule or an actual intent on change or both.

I'd argue every team has 'adjusted' to the new rule or taken advantage of it, and we have as much as anyone, it allows us (and any opp team) to take advantage. It allows us to transition through defensive structure forward, however we're still the slowest in the comp at moving the ball and it looks we're still looking for absolute certainty of next possession with disposal.

So my guess is we're still not confident of 'taking the game on', sure at times there's been snippets of fast movement - only on the back of certain link up to the next possession when we've got space to transition with certainty.

What I'd like to see, considering this is definitely a development year, we're not contending this year - only a biblical roll the dice on game play AND an injury friendly year would see us remotely contend.

• Take the game on, take risk
  • That entails rolling the dice on offensive structure - leave the key forwards in the 50 as much as possible. This has improved as we are seeing Mason, Checkers and TheGoey being lead up forwards more often - need to see more of that.
  • By extension that entails more two way running with our mid 10 - 12 players - train em up to gain tank
  • Take advantage of Brody and Mason in the ruck. We definitely have a problem here and could be dominant if we fixed it, Brody smashes teams week in week out in hit outs, Mason aint bad either but that doesn't reflect in clearances. If we could dominate clearances, well it's pretty obvious how that would advantage us. Just look at Nic Nat. Seems Nathan isn't really concerned with using hit outs to advantage, that's a 7 million dollar mid that seemingly isn't concerned with winning a flag. That attitude is a bug bear of mine, sure I'm not alone.
In short move away from risk averse, make more use of our strengths - in particular hit outs and contested ball. More two way running from our players in between the arcs that allows more spread in defensive and offensive structure, instead the of whole 18 in the d half when play is in our d50

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
If you want to laugh and cringe press the back button in the threads and go back and read some of the posts back in 2001 when the club posts started. They are hilarious and extremely cringeworthy, good way to waste a few minutes.

bunter

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
The personal abuse on this site is getting out of control. I love banter and a bit of good natured name calling but some cross the line. That comment by Silky about a posters mother should not be said even in jest.
starting to detract from the enjoyment of the majority here.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
what is this crap about jezza? Jezza? what? i'm no carlton fan but i know who jezza is. Jeremy Cameron is Jeca...or Jeron... or whatever he wants to be ...but he aint no Jezza. Honestly, i'm big into recycling. I like using old things. I made a planter out of an old chest of drawers. But cant we at least come up with an original nickname for cameron?

Couple of fun facts as we seem to have a few:

Negative Nellies
In 1966 President Johnson spoke of "Nervous Nellies" to refer to critics of his Vietnam policy, and the phrase caught on. Nervous Nellie acquired the connotation of "naysayer" and gave rise to similar terms like Negative Nellie, Naysayer Nellie, Negative Ned and Negative Nancy.

What does Debbie Downer mean or for the male version, Donnie Downer. ?
: a negative or pessimistic person : a person who speaks only of the bad or depressing aspects of something and lessens the enthusiasm or pleasure of others OK, now I really don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but ... .

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
A couple of months back I watched the series of interviews by Ash Brazill. They were great insights into some of our AFLW players. I said at the time that she should do some with the boys....

Well it seems someone decided that Max Lynch could do the job. I watched the first 5 minutes of his interview with Sier. They live together which explains why he was the first. I gave up after 5 minutes because it was like the usual stuff you hear when a couple of guys get together.....lame attempts at jokes etc etc.

Maybe it improved after a while. I might give it another go later in the week. I have a feeling that this series is going to fall in a heap soon.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Couple of fun facts as we seem to have a few:

Negative Nellies
In 1966 President Johnson spoke of "Nervous Nellies" to refer to critics of his Vietnam policy, and the phrase caught on. Nervous Nellie acquired the connotation of "naysayer" and gave rise to similar terms like Negative Nellie, Naysayer Nellie, Negative Ned and Negative Nancy.

What does Debbie Downer mean or for the male version, Donnie Downer. ?
: a negative or pessimistic person : a person who speaks only of the bad or depressing aspects of something and lessens the enthusiasm or pleasure of others OK, now I really don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but ... .

Do they have terms for people who artificially try to pump up people? Like those guys who do the crowd stuff at basketball games. I find them particularly annoying.

Another example are those supporters who do game previews.... they always predict that their club will win. I dont find that annoying, but I do lack respect for their opinion.

Do they have terms for people who artificially try to pump up people? Like those guys who do the crowd stuff at basketball games. I find them particularly annoying.
Don't know the answer to your question, try google.
Another example are those supporters who do game previews.... they always predict that their club will win. I dont find that annoying, but I do lack respect for their opinion.
I think you are being very unfair and a huge exaggeration.

Looking forward to when you do your preview.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have a name for those people.
But every time I type it all that gets published is...

AFBE487F-C203-4AA2-A762-365D65B7DB03.png

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Don't know the answer to your question, try google.

I think you are being very unfair and a huge exaggeration.

Looking forward to when you do your preview.

i was talking generally. I think some of the stuff on the previews such as news about the streaming feeds is good. I know others like to hear that the Pies are going to win. I understand that i like reality too much sometimes.

personally, i think the whole negativity thing is a bit of an exaggeration. The ignore button is the obvious answer. The fat spider has done it for me and it has worked well. I'm sure others have done it for my comments too. You may not have read my comments years ago but i used to have arguments with people who used to be negative about young players. I dont bother now. The players should really stay away from this forum. Generally we're poison.

I had to laugh at the recent whipping boy thread which satirized the whole stupid negative bunch of posters... but i think most of them are too stupid to even know that they were being made fun of.

As i said, keep up the good work

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
i was talking generally. I think some of the stuff on the previews such as news about the streaming feeds is good. I know others like to hear that the Pies are going to win. I understand that i like reality too much sometimes.

personally, i think the whole negativity thing is a bit of an exaggeration. The ignore button is the obvious answer. The fat spider has done it for me and it has worked well. I'm sure others have done it for my comments too. You may not have read my comments years ago but i used to have arguments with people who used to be negative about young players. I dont bother now. The players should really stay away from this forum. Generally we're poison.

I had to laugh at the recent whipping boy thread which satirized the whole stupid negative bunch of posters... but i think most of them are too stupid to even know that they were being made fun of.

As i said, keep up the good work

Gosh I hope players don't read this Forum.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gosh I hope players don't read this Forum.

well its their fault if they do. I must admit that i'm still worried about impressionable 18 year olds seeing comments about being useless etc. No right of reply. No knowledge of circumstances. Made by fat lazy unachieving slobs like ourselves....

But if they take it in the spirit that it should be taken.... a joke.... then it's all good fun.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
The personal abuse on this site is getting out of control. I love banter and a bit of good natured name calling but some cross the line. That comment by Silky about a posters mother should not be said even in jest.
starting to detract from the enjoyment of the majority here.
On a light note far removed from the abuse and vitriol that you believe now permeates the threads, does your username derive from Billy Bunter, the fat English schoolboy who feasted on assorted cakes and pasties in the books popular with boys in the first half of last century? Or are you far too young to have even heard of that Bunter?

1619067313574.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back