Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
I've decided my favourite team in the NBA is the dallas mavericks. I can really identify with the guys in the team. There's a couple of serbs, a couple of latvians, an italian or two. oh yeh, there's a few black american guys but that's ok. One of them tim hardaway isnt too bad.

The best player is a guy called JJ Redick. They just managed to trade for him last season and he has really made a huge difference. He's paid a truckload of money but he's from he's from good farming stock in tennessee.

I must admit the names of the east european guys are a bit of a problem, and it's a bit annoying to hear them speak, although the visuals are fine. But as we know, if you get some guns into the hands of these european guys and take them out hunting, they'll take to it like a duck to water.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Some of the worst AFL articles come from Foxsports. Most, if not all, say absolutely nothing. It’s a disgrace.

Gerard was a knowledgeable and engaging sports reporter at the ABC, but Foxsports seems to have knocked any of that out of him.

Gerard was a knowledgeable and engaging sports reporter at the ABC, but Foxsports seems to have knocked any of that out of him.
He’s well and truly sold his soul to the devil. I have no respect for him at all, less than Slobbo even.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve talked before about how an outbreak of severe Covid could overwhelm our hospital system, meaning those in need may not get the medical response they need.
Well it appears we don’t need an outbreak of Covid to under our medical response is already failing those in need.
This is a disgrace Dan. While you are recovering at home I hope you are investigating such failures in a service that is at the very core of what governments responsibility to its citizens is.
The expectation that an ambulance is available in a timely manner, not 6 hours, is a simple human right in a modern society. The further expectation that there is a bed/doctor available at the end of that ambulance drive is also a simple human right in our modern society.
Both of these basic rights are the responsibility of State and Federal Governments. Both Governments are failing.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I’ve talked before about how an outbreak of severe Covid could overwhelm our hospital system, meaning those in need may not get the medical response they need.
Well it appears we don’t need an outbreak of Covid to under our medical response is already failing those in need.
This is a disgrace Dan. While you are recovering at home I hope you are investigating such failures in a service that is at the very core of what governments responsibility to its citizens is.
The expectation that an ambulance is available in a timely manner, not 6 hours, is a simple human right in a modern society. The further expectation that there is a bed/doctor available at the end of that ambulance drive is also a simple human right in our modern society.
Both of these basic rights are the responsibility of State and Federal Governments. Both Governments are failing.

It amazes me that we spend billions on health, particularly hospitals, but we cant keep an ambulance service fully operational. I knew a woman who worked in the health dept in western australia who made $140K a year doing HR related stuff that mattered little. She wasnt alone. Millions of dollars is spent on people who talk and have meetings and fashion endless reports etc etc etc, but we cant afford to buy ambulances and staff them. It's a complete nonsense. Its bureaucracy gone wild.

The ironic stupidity of this is that there will be hundreds of people involved in the investigation of this incident, paid for by the health budget, but the government will say that there isnt enough money to pay for operational staff and the vehicles that enable them to do their job.

Books

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2005
On the Stairway to Heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NZ All-Blacks
Hi Pies fans. Not sure which is the best thread to ask this, but curious for your opinions. From a fantasy footy viewpoint, what are your expectations for Rantall / Poulter / Macrae?

Cheers.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Hi Pies fans. Not sure which is the best thread to ask this, but curious for your opinions. From a fantasy footy viewpoint, what are your expectations for Rantall / Poulter / Macrae?

Cheers.

They will all be superstars. However, Poulter will do it later in the season.

Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
So... I’m watching ”Engineering Disasters”:and there’s a story on a sewer explosion in Mexico 1992.
I think that when you get to tell your story on camera, which this woman was doing, you pick your shelf ornaments more carefully....

D70D9EF4-37F9-44AD-AA7A-0CDB90C499AF.jpeg

Aug 22, 2015
Canberra
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wondering if anyone here can help me understand:

No one wants to finish bottom, or close to bottom of the ladder. But in terms of draft order, am I right in thinking that for us this year there is 0 value in us finishing lower and getting a better draft pick - on account of the impending Daicos selection?

I've never really understood how all that works, but I'm eager to understand if there is any silver lining (at all) in finishing close to bottom this year.

Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood

No one wants to finish bottom, or close to bottom of the ladder. But in terms of draft order, am I right in thinking that for us this year there is 0 value in us finishing lower and getting a better draft pick - on account of the impending Daicos selection?

I've never really understood how all that works, but I'm eager to understand if there is any silver lining (at all) in finishing close to bottom this year.
Finishing bottom gives us the chance to clear the buddy buddy decision taken by the President over a decade ago.
Yes, it’s been that long!

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Finishing bottom will just give GWS our first pick because we traded that last year. As far as Daicos goes we have to get enough points to get him now. On the other hand we will get first pick in the mid season draft and the rookie draft if that makes it better for you

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
My personal preference for this thread is for it to be committed to random thoughts about football and Collingwood.....and for political opinions to be shared on other boards.

It’s a good thread because you can say what you think and responses tend to be very limited.... and then somebody moves on to the next football topic.. no matter how trivial. In fact the more trivial the better! I don’t think editorials belong here.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The rupertnews has currently got a story of a 12 year old shooting up a classroom in the USA (of course). Authorities are trying to find out where she got the gun. Probably to get more for the other kids so that they can protect themselves.

But what I was puzzled about and I glanced at the story twice before giving up, is why the school was asking for water bottles and snacks to be dropped off by people. Water bottles? Americans have some interesting ideas on how to channel violence, to manage it... I have no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back