Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree with your assessment of the movie overall, however I did enjoy the magpie - but then I'm relatively ignorant of the their true behaviour
Sorry I led you astray🤪
You didn't lead me astray. I wanted to see it when it was released in the cinema, for no other reason than to see the magpie/s in action. I am glad I did not pay to see it, but it killed a couple of hours and I am finding precious little worthwhile viewing now on Netflix and Prime. I generally steer clear of Australian movies as I am inevitably disappointed by them.

You didn't lead me astray. I wanted to see it when it was released in the cinema, for no other reason than to see the magpie/s in action. I am glad I did not pay to see it, but it killed a couple of hours and I am finding precious little worthwhile viewing now on Netflix and Prime. I generally steer clear of Australian movies as I am inevitably disappointed by them.
Have you watched the Jack Ryan series on Prime?

The Morning Show (I think it's called Morning Wars in Australia) is a winner. Not sure what platform it's playing on though. Unless you download torrents or you're willing to pay for a heap of different subscriptions - you're better off regularly alternating which platform you subscribe to - watch the shows you want to on that subscription and then move to a different platform when you've run out of stuff to watch- move back in a year or two when the next series will be ready.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Here’s the perfect example of Metro over Regional and just how out of touch they are with the food bowl of Australia.

Imagine asking the farmers to delay the harvest!
You’d have to be brain dead to ask such a thing. And yet these braindeads are in charge of multi million dollar contracts.

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Morning Show (I think it's called Morning Wars in Australia) is a winner. Not sure what platform it's playing on though. Unless you download torrents or you're willing to pay for a heap of different subscriptions - you're better off regularly alternating which platform you subscribe to - watch the shows you want to on that subscription and then move to a different platform when you've run out of stuff to watch- move back in a year or two when the next series will be ready.
Apple i think

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
BD7C687B-98DC-47FD-BCF8-308F36180D8D.jpeg 9FED2276-1020-48C3-ADAC-9EF8F0E6BE0A.jpeg 213C07EC-B0F6-4923-AF25-FB2C482A9738.jpeg 85813634-13AB-4034-A532-34DA263A5F5F.jpeg 27F4D2CF-A079-4825-997B-B4B9FFDA0793.jpeg 9D9894A7-814B-4805-926A-536D2749ADA6.jpeg 4309512B-FFFE-43B0-8A01-B0DC12BFEAAE.jpeg

Trickster

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
Our aflw captain also now embroiled in a historical racism post. I would have thought after all players signed that statement last year they'd all be mindful of what they post / have posted and delete any posts from the past.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
the link is below:
Is that it? Fancy dress parties should be abandoned given the limitations now applied to costumes considered suitable to wear to one. I remember as a kid having a red indian outfit. I certainly never considered I was being anymore disrespectful to Indians than I was to cowboys in their outfit.

Trickster

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
Is that it? Fancy dress parties should be abandoned given the limitations now applied to costumes considered suitable to wear to one. I remember as a kid having a red indian outfit. I certainly never considered I was being anymore disrespectful to Indians than I was to cowboys in their outfit.
I tend to agree but times have changed on what's deemed acceptable and not. I think the Canadian PM went through this also. Probably not ideal news from a CFC perspective given 12 mths ago but agree not huge, or shouldn't be.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I tend to agree but times have changed on what's deemed acceptable and not. I think the Canadian PM went through this also. Probably not ideal news from a CFC perspective given 12 mths ago but agree not huge, or shouldn't be.
If it was me playing, I suspect this incident would mark the end of my career.

Mukesh

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
Kalapathar, Havelock Island
AFL Club
Collingwood

I guess toga parties are now a thing of the past... wouldn't want to offend those Romans...

The Red Indian from the Village People was my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back