Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Didn't want to start a new thread, don't know if it goes here but ill just put it here anyway. Got my membership renewal mail today and there were some interesting changes.

Please, someone enlighten me, HAVE WE ALWAYS HAD PET MEMBERSHIPS????? Have i missed this previous years? WTF is with that... I have heard of it at other clubs but i honestly think it is the, single most stupid thing i have ever heard from an AFL club. Are we running low on cash because they are also asking for a 125 year donation of $25... What is going on....

Apart from that the 2017 cap and polo look great i think. The polo has the new logo and the cap is white with an old-school emblem on it. I like. The members scarf will now also have a large crest showing how many years you've been a member. A nice marketing touch i think.

Didn't want to start a new thread, don't know if it goes here but ill just put it here anyway. Got my membership renewal mail today and there were some interesting changes.

Please, someone enlighten me, HAVE WE ALWAYS HAD PET MEMBERSHIPS????? Have i missed this previous years? WTF is with that... I have heard of it at other clubs but i honestly think it is the, single most stupid thing i have ever heard from an AFL club. Are we running low on cash because they are also asking for a 125 year donation of $25... What is going on....

Apart from that the 2017 cap and polo look great i think. The polo has the new logo and the cap is white with an old-school emblem on it. I like. The members scarf will now also have a large crest showing how many years you've been a member. A nice marketing touch i think.
I think they're catering to those crazy supporters who want to sign up the whole family, including the pet!
There's obviously a call for it:)

I think they're catering to those crazy supporters who want to sign up the whole family, including the pet!
There's obviously a call for it:)
and money

My dog is so traumatised by what it heard rugby league players do to canines that it won't watch any sport. Cat is too busy killing cockroaches.
At least you've survived the return of your wife
At least I assume you have:)

Okay, just a bit of respite from trading...
Was in Sydney Road Moreland/Coburg (No.783) this morning and found this huge shoe shop, amazing bargains, leather and synthetic dress shows, kids school shoes, track shoes, infants and kids.

Bargains galore, some shop soiled $3 but quite a few, $10, $15, $20. Some of course more expensive $50 - $150. Brands include Hush Puppies, Dunlop, other brands not sure as I am not big into brands but look like very good quality.

Picked up a pair of casual shoes, leather upper and inner for $10.00

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Okay, just a bit of respite from trading...
Was in Sydney Road Moreland/Coburg (No.783) this morning and found this huge shoe shop, amazing bargains, leather and synthetic dress shows, kids school shoes, track shoes, infants and kids.

Bargains galore, some shop soiled $3 but quite a few, $10, $15, $20. Some of course more expensive $50 - $150. Brands include Hush Puppies, Dunlop, other brands not sure as I am not big into brands but look like very good quality.

Picked up a pair of casual shoes, leather upper and inner for $10.00

I had to go to a funeral last week. Left all my black work shoes at work (I cycle a lot....i dont just catch the train in my socks...!!) and my wife was about to murder me for wearing brown casual shoes with my suit. En route with not much time up my sleeve I bought a new pair of shoes. I swear I was in and out in three minutes with a new pair of business shoes. Thats how to shop like a man.

Last edited:
I had to go to a funeral last week. Left all my black work shoes at work (I cycle a lot....i dont just catch the train in my socks...!!) and my wife was about to murder me for wearing brown casual shoes with my suit. En route with not much time up my sleeve I bought a new pair of shoes. I swear I was in and out in three minutes with a new pair of business shoes. Thats how to shop like a man.
Men don't have as much choice it is either lace up, slip on and that's it.:p
We have skinny heels, flat heels, open toed, closed toe, mesh, etc etc and don't start me on colours.

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
my wife was about to murder me... I bought a new pair of shoes... thats how to shop like a man.

IF I may speak on behalf of Timmy to our younger male posters:

Timmy's post might not look like an exemplar of manliness. But he is still married. And alive. Live in our shoes before you judge.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Latest polling Electoral College Votes (this decides the Presidency)

.............................Clinton...............Trump...............Margin
Trump Best
...........272.....................266...................Clinton by 6 EV
Expected...............346.....................192..................Clinton by 154 EV
Clinton Best
...........382.....................156..................Clinton by 226 EV

Trump Best
Expected...............346.....................192..................Clinton by 154 EV
Clinton Best
270 is the magic number isn't it?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
My dog is so traumatised by what it heard rugby league players do to canines that it won't watch any sport. Cat is too busy killing cockroaches.
Keep the cat :)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Trump Best
Clinton Best
Seems from website

Larry sabato runs?

If so, he is by far the best call it as it is pundit.

Essentially it's over bar the voting.

Caveat: if people don't traditionally decide this time to vote as an exception

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back