Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question to those of you that may know the answer regarding front loading of salary.

Would this affect their net pay given it would be taxed higher?

Top Tax bracket kicks in at 180k o think so no they won't pay more tax in total assuming tax rates don't change between years

Can anyone point me in the direction (or post a link) of a page showing our full lists from each year in the 80s with player numbers?

Have had a half-arsed sort of look around on 'Pies website, Forever site and some general googling but can't find what I am looking for.

Thanks a lot :thumbsu:.

Can anyone point me in the direction (or post a link) of a page showing our full lists from each year in the 80s with player numbers?

Have had a half-arsed sort of look around on 'Pies website, Forever site and some general googling but can't find what I am looking for.

35Daicos is your man - stats genius, rose breeder, and acclaimed lover

While it doesn't show our lists this maybe of some help. It lists players to have worn each jumper number. From memory I've found a couple of mistakes, so can't guarantee it's 100% accurate.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/?page_id=1110

Thanks Walter. Will get in touch with him if I have no luck otherwise (am looking for quite a bit of info and unfair to ask for so much typing from someone, even if it were all from memory and no research required).
I have no claim to either of the other assets you mentioned, and I have no green thumb, but my second daughter is named Rose (great Collingwood name, if a little before my time for the most part) so perhaps we will have a little of the "Rose Breeding" in common...

Thanks for the kind words, Walter!

Now that the old AFL Historical Statistics website is no longer being updated/available to the public those details are a bit hard to get hold of. I can't think of any website that has them. I collected a heap of stuff from that site and have plenty of files (in .mht form - viewable in Internet Explorer) sitting on my computer, as well as in online storage on Box. This link should take you to a folder where all of the Collingwood player lists can be found (they can be downloaded quite easily):-

https://app.box.com/s/d4b7hkusw3g46jdb3ypxr7djtwfkujfz

Thanks for your help. I think that link from barrackers has most, if not all of what I was after. Will contact 35Daicos if there are any details remaining. Thanks again, very much.

Thanks for the kind words, Walter!

Now that the old AFL Historical Statistics website is no longer being updated/available to the public those details are a bit hard to get hold of. I can't think of any website that has them. I collected a heap of stuff from that site and have plenty of files (in .mht form - viewable in Internet Explorer) sitting on my computer, as well as in online storage on Box. This link should take you to a folder where all of the Collingwood player lists can be found (they can be viewed/downloaded):-

https://app.box.com/s/d4b7hkusw3g46jdb3ypxr7djtwfkujfz
Just beautiful. Thanks a lot.

Even Chuck himself. Norris has no time for standard breeding practices, so he replicates and father's himself.
And won a breathing contest under water, against a fish!

whilst it may not be as good for your purpose as that provided by some of the others it may be useful for other info or cross checking info from other sources
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/1985.html
can just type a different year in the address bar to jump easily - probably only has those who played a game as opposed to full list but does have other stats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a fun question.

If both our father sons get selected before our first pick can we still get both of them? :rainbow:
Please explain.

Lee Child is one of my favourite authors, I don't know about most of you but when I read books on a recurring character like Jack Reacher, I tend to build an image of that person and for the life of me I can't see Tom Cruise in that role. haven't seen the first picture and won't be going to see the new one.

Same as Tom Hanks in the role based on Dan Brown's book, Da Vinci Code, no way is that the image I had.

Don't have the same problem if I see a movie then read the book.

Lee Child is one of my favourite authors, I don't know about most of you but when I read books on a recurring character like Jack Reacher, I tend to build an image of that person and for the life of me I can't see Tom Cruise in that role. haven't seen the first picture and won't be going to see the new one.

Same as Tom Hanks in the role based on Dan Brown's book, Da Vinci Code, no way is that the image I had.

Actually M5 Cruise played the Jack Reacher character very well in both movies...give them a try, I think you will be pleasantly surprised

(No Scientologists were hurt in this post)

Couldn't agree with you more - I also like Lee Child's books and have read all the Jack Reacher series and casting Tom Cruise as Reacher is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Reacher is a physically imposing 6ft 5" military officer and this is critical to the character and story line - Tom Cruise just doesn't cut it. I saw the 1st film and it just wasn't right but having said that, I'll own up to not liking Cruise fullstop irrespective of the film.

Couldn't agree with you more - I also like Lee Child's books and have read all the Jack Reacher series and casting Tom Cruise as Reacher is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Reacher is a physically imposing 6ft 5" military officer and this is critical to the character and story line - Tom Cruise just doesn't cut it. I saw the 1st film and it just wasn't right but having said that, I'll own up to not liking Cruise fullstop irrespective of the film.
TC was great in Tropical Thunder.

Actually M5 Cruise played the Jack Reacher character very well in both movies...give them a try, I think you will be pleasantly surprised

(No Scientologists were hurt in this post)
Besides not liking him as an actor, he is too 'pretty' to play Reacher. Reacher is a more rugged, couldn't less what people think of me, strong character.

Save my money I think, wouldn't even bother downloading.

Besides not liking him as an actor, he is too 'pretty' to play Reacher. Reacher is a more rugged, couldn't less what people think of me, strong character.

Save my money I think, wouldn't even bother downloading.

On the topic of authors and books, have you read Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series? I think there's around 19 of them now, I highly recommend them. A TV adaptation is now into production of a 3rd season and seasons 1 and 2 have been screened on SBS - it's one of the rare book adaptations that has translated well to the screen and remained faithful to the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back