Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he's been abusive in the past to Caitlyn & you have a problem?

Last week on the FS apparently (I read the articles the next day) and he apologised tonight.

You say abusive I didn't take it like that on the quotes I read.

Well he is not alone it that regard, her family is still apologises all the time about her

Too muc PC for me left at home.

I nearly ran off the road tonight listening to Robbo on SEN getting on his high horse insinuating that the football public will boo Bachar Houli and comparing him to the Goodes situation.

This is a chief football writer trying to incite something that doesn't exist.

WTF.........like I said the world has gone mad.

Last week on the FS apparently (I read the articles the next day) and he apologised tonight.

You say abusive I didn't take it like that on the quotes I read.
I get it now, your commentary was about Sam apologising, not what he was apologising about.

Too muc PC for me left at home.

I nearly ran off the road tonight listening to Robbo on SEN getting on his high horse insinuating that the football public will boo Bachar Houli and comparing him to the Goodes situation.

This is a chief football writer trying to incite something that doesn't exist.

WTF.........like I said the world has gone mad.
Yep, once apron a time you owned up and took your wack, now people look for something that's not there to get away with it

Bought a book this afternoon from the Brunswick Street Bookstore in Fitzroy. I didn't see any media coverage or review, so I was surprised to see it on the 'new releases' shelf. The word 'Collingwood' with black and white stripes on the cover took my eye:

'The Collingwood Barracker 1853-1906: A History of Social Recompense', by Robin Murphy, 2017

Sub-title: 'Factors Responsible for the Development of the Distinctive Collingwood Barracker'

And from the 'Introduction':

'It is the intention of this paper to provide reasons why the Collingwood Football Club barracker became a supporter, with passion, devotion and commitment like no other. In addition, the intention is to explore why the supporter became the subject of derision, scorn and ridicule.'

Think I'll enjoy this book.:D

Bought a book this afternoon from the Brunswick Street Bookstore in Fitzroy. I didn't see any media coverage or review, so I was surprised to see it on the 'new releases' shelf. The word 'Collingwood' with black and white stripes on the cover took my eye:

'The Collingwood Barracker 1853-1906: A History of Social Recompense', by Robin Murphy, 2017

Sub-title: 'Factors Responsible for the Development of the Distinctive Collingwood Barracker'

'It is the intention of this paper to provide reasons why the Collingwood Football Club barracker became a supporter, with passion, devotion and commitment like no other. In addition, the intention is to explore why the supporter became the subject of derision, scorn and ridicule.'

Perhaps we could have a special Magpies Nest thread devoted to footy books. A brief review/overview of this book would make a great first post.

Look forward to some updates VP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I buried my dad today. He passed away early last week after taking a fall. While we haven't been close the last 8 or 8 years, he is the reason I support the Pies.
Condolences to you & your family.

Bloody tough day to get through, take strength through family if you can & look after yourself.

I buried my dad today. He passed away early last week after taking a fall. While we haven't been close the last 8 or 8 years, he is the reason I support the Pies.
Sorry for your loss SP, condolences to you, family and friends.

Very sorry to hear that, Sponge.

Condolences to your family.

Very sad,but he left you a fantastic legacy and you would have made him proud following in his footsteps barracking for his team.

Just saw Dane swan on a flight to Europe. Question. What would happen if Emirates came out and said all Collingwood players over 50 games get free first class travel for the rest of their lives?

Would the afl stop this or could they? Interesting thought. Would be an insane perk for playing for the pies.

Just saw Dane swan on a flight to Europe. Question. What would happen if Emirates came out and said all Collingwood players over 50 games get free first class travel for the rest of their lives?

Would the afl stop this or could they? Interesting thought. Would be an insane perk for playing for the pies.

Do you honestly think this stuff doesn't happen?

You know Tarrant and Ben Johnson and Presti work at our Club?

Yes I know they do but I mean in a formal way they declared this was the deal they were releasing

All Clubs do it......ask Frank Costa and Dangerfield.

They'd still have to pay to get to Qatar.

On the lighter side, it would be interesting to know if the AFL would be wary of such offers. They might be deemed an unfair advantage in recruiting, or some such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back