Doom Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a solution. We tank this year and recruit this young gun named Jon Osterman. He will be better than Ablett. Attached is a pic, heady to don the maroon, blue and gold.

Doctor_Manhattan_(Movie).jpg

Back to the Doom theme...... IIRC We have shocking record in milestone games of champion players. I expect us to be humiliated on national TV tomorrow night. Just saying.

In our last 250th milestone game at the Gabba we beat the eventual premiers. But this post really has no business in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to the Doom theme...... IIRC We have shocking record in milestone games of champion players. I expect us to be humiliated on national TV tomorrow night. Just saying.

Ash's 200th went alright. (OK so not so much a champion as a good clubman but still...)

I saw a rainbow the other day....it was maroon, blue and gold

oops, forgot this is the doom and gloom thread.....carry on dooming:thumbsu:;)
Bet you didn't find the gold at the end.

DOOOOOM!

I saw a rainbow the other day....it was maroon, blue and gold

oops, forgot this is the doom and gloom thread.....carry on dooming:thumbsu:;)

No matter how hard we try to reach that rainbow...

How are we all feeling? Pessimistic?

Just wondering where everyone thinks rock bottom is for the club? We knew about the debt but some of the rumors starting to generate about players who were considered rusted on wanting to leave is really disturbing. I like we're finally going to have some good news with our training facilities, which we've been waiting on for a long time, but it's hard to see much good news on the horizon. Wondering if we've hit a point where the only way is up or things can still get worse.

How are we all feeling? Pessimistic?

Just wondering where everyone thinks rock bottom is for the club? We knew about the debt but some of the rumors starting to generate about players who were considered rusted on wanting to leave is really disturbing. I like we're finally going to have some good news with our training facilities, which we've been waiting on for a long time, but it's hard to see much good news on the horizon. Wondering if we've hit a point where the only way is up or things can still get worse.
Things can always get worse... but one of the weird things about the AFL competition is somehow they can relatively quickly turn around (See Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda). Particularly Western Bulldogs and St Kilda who both lost some of their key "old guard" in recent years... drafted well and turned it around. Admittedly they don't have the issue of the players they draft leaving their club... but as soon as they start winning they become a desirable club to be at.
Brisbane are suffering the long term effects of the Fevola trade period coupled with the introduction of GC & GWS, and then the departure of the GH5. If the lions can keep enough players on the park for long enough to win as many games as they lose, then the club becomes attractive again and players no longer want to leave. Simples.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back