Doping Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt see anything to suggest removal of anything. Plenty of photogs around , a few even getting low, taking pictures. Surely one of them would come forward
I got to the end of the video, and one of the suggested videos that youtube came up with showed a small electric motor. Given that this is the doping thread, I put two and two together. I may have come up with 687, hence my query.

I don't speak Spanish, so I have no idea what is being said, or why the guy in the white t-shirt is being highlighted.

It certainly didn't appear to be downhill. The finish was uphill, but it appeared to flatten out before the line. The camera angle could have been deceiving, but that's probably the most suspicious thing I have seen relating to a motor in pro-cycling.

What's the story there, for those of us who don't speak Spanish? Are they suggesting that Froome was using an electric motor to help him get back after the crashes, and that the man in the white t-shirt is removing it before the bike can be inspected?
he prolly gets 40 watts free.

just google translate it.

I dont think CF is on his lonesome. For part, I actually respect the competition. Was Cancellara the first at Flanders and Roubaix in 2010? I doubt it. But, this guys are warriors of the road, they deserve respect, that I can offer... that could be interpreted differently. I mean - I offer them respect for what I think is the world's hardest/toughest sport. however, my caveats... the sport is fast going down the rabbit hole with this motor technology doping. And if doping qua doping aint the perfect metaphor, I dont know what is. I have heard on Facebook doping group, that motor doping is an inane appellation. au contraire. It is the perfect metaphor. It almost skewers being a metaphor, and becomes more an analogy.

Froome is a hardman, he has won over my respect.

strictly speaking, one can say CF is a hypocrite qua hypocrite. But lets have a closer look at it. The sport depends on the fans believing the miracles and 'enabling' their heroes. They want their heroes lying to them. The fans can have the truth anytime they have a closer look at the sport and understand that 'Goldman experiment' mindset, and unwillingness[sic] of the type A competitor to surrender advantage to a rival. For a closer look, see:Savulescu the Olxford philosopher and Stewie Lowe schoolmate at Haileybury on the ways to Clayton medicine and Singer philosophy units. Is that how you spell Haileybury? They now make footballers like Xavier and Brighton Grammar. Dem scholarships, dem scholarships eh evo . #respect

No, Froome is compelled to lie; by the system. It is not froome lying. It is the system. classic insider-outsider dynamic. But you...like me, can still believe in the competition and the warriors of the road. I do. I have done my jaundiced 9 step program, and the Salvos healed me thanks to god

#Poe's_law

#meds #Chief, he of unmatched wisdom the hashtag coding still is not working properly. damn you Chief, he of unmatched wisdom
medusala

Do the bikes undergo any kind of scrutineering pre/post race?
just like normal doping which major team pro sports and individual sports with revenues flying in, they have no reason to catch and hang the golden goose, now that was a s**t tortured analogy if tortured analogies could in any way be fine. that was not.

they dont wish to catch anyone, just like the olympics and aths and IAAF have no reason to catch Bolt, Carl Lewis, Ian Thorpe etc. They are only competing by the rules that they were presented with, ie, the insider rules. dont... get... caught. dont spit in the soup. say the right shibboleths.

on the theory, i will give you a heuristic, if his motor technology gave him (lets say for example) 25 watts, I think that is enough to give him 2 spots in the top 10 on GC, raise him two spots. If he was in the top 3, it may take him over his next rival.

The most potent aspect, is an ability to use 40 or 50 watts over the last hour, this could give you a GC spot on the podium. And if you can use 100 watts in bursts, say for attacks on the final 10km, this could win you the tour. But, if others can match your motor technology, this will be neutralised innit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've hit a new low Blackcat, possibly the most ridiculous video I've ever seen about motor doping.

I guess Newton's law doesn't apply to Froome, his obviously on a downhill road. Pause the video and look at the other rider passing him doing the exact same thing. At the 24 second mark you can see a Cannondale-Drapac rider coasting like Froome.

It's sad because doping is a real issue in cycling but the idiots at the Clinic come up with these wild theories that completely push the real doping issues in cycling to the side.

On a positive it's clear WADA now have an accurate test for GH peptides. Just 3 years ago they were struggling to detect HGH and had no means to detect GHRP's now riders are being popped for them left, right and centre.

His right foot is still clipped in. You can move your foot up and down like a on a car accelerator and move a bike like that. The Hesjedal video from a few years ago is still the most questionable vid for mechanical doping ive seen.

His right foot is still clipped in. You can move your foot up and down like a on a car accelerator and move a bike like that. The Hesjedal video from a few years ago is still the most questionable vid for mechanical doping ive seen.
His foot is in, but he's not pedaling at all. He may be on a downhill slope. If not (and I don't think he is), then it's strong evidence of a motor.

Go Valentino Froome!

You've hit a new low Blackcat, possibly the most ridiculous video I've ever seen about motor doping.

I guess Newton's law doesn't apply to Froome, his obviously on a downhill road. Pause the video and look at the other rider passing him doing the exact same thing. At the 24 second mark you can see a Cannondale-Drapac rider coasting like Froome.

It's sad because doping is a real issue in cycling but the idiots at the Clinic come up with these wild theories that completely push the real doping issues in cycling to the side.

On a positive it's clear WADA now have an accurate test for GH peptides. Just 3 years ago they were struggling to detect HGH and had no means to detect GHRP's now riders are being popped for them left, right and centre.
Sean Kelly on Eurosport voiced concern Contador's changes at Giro were because of motors. He expressed puzzlement why there were so many irregular changes not from mechanicals.

Lemond is vehement.

I am no SK nor GL, but I echo their sentiment.

His foot is in, but he's not pedaling at all. He may be on a downhill slope. If not (and I don't think he is), then it's strong evidence of a motor.

Go Valentino Froome!
it is the kinetic acceleration of the bike, goes from stasis to 5kmph without an acceleration according to propulsion physic law, it looks like a Tesla accelerating.

Or those ceramic bearings are the bomb.

come to think of it, must be the ceramic bearings and the pinarello aerodynamics

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/01/fre...s-used-motors-during-the-2015-tour-de-france/
French anti-doping expert told a dozen riders used motors during 2015 Tour de France

like EPO, and the blood vector doping, it will taje about a decade to come out, then Armstrong and motoman, that takes a decade to hit the above-the-line press, this will be a decade in gestation, but RU486 will have to eat his or her words.

the exception that proves the rule, (nb, not disproves the rule)... is Greg Lemond. If Armstrong had have been generous with Floyd, he would have skated with the cover of his cancer foundation. And he would have in vicinity of 250million US$ now, on the way to being a billionaire.

No one ever brought Lemond's Shenanigans to light, but look at the latest Floyd interview with a credible network tv in the States, read between the lines. Those insiders, they know that Lemond got a little bit of aid, everyone did. These are not people of poor repute, they have fine character, they are warriors of the road, a gladiator plying trade on asphalt, hotpour, tarmac and lime.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/01/fre...s-used-motors-during-the-2015-tour-de-france/
French anti-doping expert told a dozen riders used motors during 2015 Tour de France

Not my words but sums up my thoughts on the whole issue of motor doping.

If he had actionable evidence, given his concern for the sport, he could/should have found a way of bringing attention to this matter - any number of cycling journalists, yourself included, would love to break such a story. But if he didn't have actionable evidence, then this whole thing is just more hearsay that clouds proper discussion of the subject, much like the guy who claimed to have invented the motors but has yet failed to name names.

I obviously can't be certain that a motor has never been used in the World Tour but it seems highly unlikely. I will agree it's possible that the Belgium girl being busted was a warning to others, regardless I'd be certain they wouldn't have used motors from that point forwards.

I also don't believe the tech is there for hidden motors at this point in time. Certainly something the UCI needs to get on top of before it's too late. They've dismantled plenty of bikes this summer, I'm confident none of the elite have ever used a hidden motor.

The change in design of some bikes by enlarging the diameter of the down tubes on the frames and enlarging the frame around the pedal crank spindle would make it easier to fit a motor

Just sayin'

Not my words but sums up my thoughts on the whole issue of motor doping.

If he had actionable evidence, given his concern for the sport, he could/should have found a way of bringing attention to this matter - any number of cycling journalists, yourself included, would love to break such a story. But if he didn't have actionable evidence, then this whole thing is just more hearsay that clouds proper discussion of the subject, much like the guy who claimed to have invented the motors but has yet failed to name names.

I obviously can't be certain that a motor has never been used in the World Tour but it seems highly unlikely. I will agree it's possible that the Belgium girl being busted was a warning to others, regardless I'd be certain they wouldn't have used motors from that point forwards.

I also don't believe the tech is there for hidden motors at this point in time. Certainly something the UCI needs to get on top of before it's too late. They've dismantled plenty of bikes this summer, I'm confident none of the elite have ever used a hidden motor.
Patrick Lefevre voiced concerns about Cancellara' 2010 Spring, I think Tommeke then sought of gave a '<hurrumph> phonetics' non-denial about Cancellara's ride, then, my conspiracy, he got on the motors two years later in Roubaix.

So, we have Sean Kelly, Patrick Lefevre or Lefevere, overt spitting in the soup in a sport that does omerta like the calabrian mafia. Then we have Lemond. And an ambiguous Boonen.

They have taken trains in the first races in the Tour. The manager of BMC, Ochowitz, he famously completed only part of the course before getting a podium in one of the big national series races in the US in the 80s.

The sport knows nothing about ethics, it is about winning any way shape or form. hide like a rhinoceros

Remove this Banner Ad

Back