PC DotA 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I may have found a new team to support in LGD :D Unbelievable that they would knock off IG
dvGhEqj.jpg

Anyone catch the LGD v DK game this morning. That was one insane comeback. DK should've finished the last rax while they wiped the base, but opted to play passive (which is quite common for them) and it cost them in the end. Great game.

Techies was also showcased in the all-stars match at the end of day 2. Was a pretty funny encounter, but it sure as hell won't be funny when there is a techies in every game upon release.

Good win by C9. Held off Na'Vi convincingly. ee-sama getting a dream run at bot against a Elder, FB, free farm & had a good partner in Shadow Shaman in zoning out Elder.

Thought it was odd Na'Vi didn't play aggressively from the get-go. They shot themselves in the foot by trying to trade-farm against a Doom & Morph (Who had a very good start, it was criminal). Was expecting them to put much more pressure on the bot lane, with Dendi & Kuro rotating toward bot while Puppey held top lane, to catch up on EXP since he put a lot of focus on ensuring Xboct had a easy lane against SingSing

In EE-Sama we trust!

I watched this match as well. Void was really the only positive for Navi throughout the game. That 3 or so minute period at bottom lane where Navi just sat and waited for the gank was horrible, and just allowed ember to free farm top. Morph was left alone at bot for far too long too during the early stages of the match. It's a bit disappointing to see Navi knocked out, but the better team won on the day.

LGD pulling a win from absolutely no where, brilliant to watch

Also agree with you and thought DK shouldve went for the mega instead of going B while LGD had 3 man down. It's was a conflicting game to watch as I have items on LGD to beat DK but I do want to see DK take out the championsihp for burning & Lanm. Not much of a fan of Newbee or EG.

Notail putting on a demolition job with those pudge hooks, was fun to watch.

I watched this match as well. Void was really the only positive for Navi throughout the game. That 3 or so minute period at bottom lane where Navi just sat and waited for the gank was horrible, and just allowed ember to free farm top. Morph was left alone at bot for far too long too during the early stages of the match. It's a bit disappointing to see Navi knocked out, but the better team won on the day.

Felt bad for Funn1k having to sole responsibility on Morph with very little support. Trying to shut out a Doom without the help of Puppey was never going to work. Had they tried to shut out Morphling, that would've been one less hero to worry about having to fight against in team battles. The commentators made a good point that regardless of how well Morph farm, he really only has one set route of items to follow, there are no other alternatives. Shutting him out and delaying the linken was the key. Credit to C9, I was expecting them to be thrown off after the stomping in Game 2 but they outdrafted Na'Vi in game 3 to secure a good win

I was catching up on work today while watching the replay of the full stream in the background for LGD vs DK. I skipped ahead once DK got 2 sets of racks and then killed Lycan some time later because I thought it was over and DK would win then they showed the replay of the base race when the analysts were recapping and I was pretty shocked. The most unbelievable game I've seen, maybe since game 5 of the TI3 finals.

First time I've watched TI with any real pro scene knowledge. I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't seen any pocket strats come out since the round robin stage but it's been great fun.

I've been listening to the noob stream more than the main steam. Once you get past the repetition of the absolute basics (i.e what is a tower?) it's great. A lot more light hearted and even for someone who's played it for a year you get a better insight of what the pros are thinking about rather than the main cast who will jump ahead and be critical of players item choices all the time.

In terms of teams I hope DK wins after hearing that a few of them might retire. I've warmed to EG who I initially disliked because I didn't like Arteezy's behaviour on his stream.

Anyone also catch the news that TI4 is on ESPN 3 in the US?

Lanm confirmed this will be his last TI, & Burning is believed to also be retiring soon. TobiWan & Lumi are great, informal & try to keep criticising to a minimal, best to listen to when the game is being played at a slow pace as their first priority is to entertain the fans with friendly banter, so knitt picking plays is only warranted if they see absolutely something bizarre (Lanm's support jug Vs Alliance, for example. But boy, Lanm proved them wrong by destroying the Alliance)

LD & (forgot who is generally paired up with him) are much more critical toward item choices, plays etc. Did hear about ESPN casting Dota, so I had a flip through of the sports channel to see whether or not it would be on Foxtel. Think I'll stick to stream and watch it from bed though, winter is making it hard to get out of bed and stay up for these games

Caught game 3 of VG vs C9

C9: Shadow Shaman, Nature's Prophet, Brew, Enigma & Luna
VG: Veno, Earthshaker, Razor, Morphling & Lich

Boy what a gamble C9 took, where exactly was this risk taking against DK when they were ahead, while Burning still needed farm for his radiance & heart. In regards to the Game 3, VG knew exactly what C9 were planning to do. Fenrir (Earthshaker) & RotK (Veno) being the party crashers, put a stop to C9's level 1 rosh fight strat. Being picked out by VG essentially put C9 at a severe disadvantage due to the gold boost VG obtained from the hero kills. The game never looked to be out of VG's control after securing 3 early kills at rosh pit. Fenrir made some amazing block with Fissure to set up some nice kills for Super (Razor) & Sylar was pretty much left untouch by having Linken & E-blade by the 25th minute mark(?). C9's line up was ult focused, relying on fasting tracking their heroes to level 6 to allow them to play objectively by securing early towers to outfarm VG. This meant that by wiping out towers, EE (Luna) could quickly build up his BKB, Helm & Manta to take out heroes, relying on the Enigma's blackhole to suck in 2-3 heroes, while moon glaive & luna's eclipse were the main DPS in killing the heroes. However as noted earlier, VG got ahead before creeps even spawned, and did not look like taking a step back due to knowing what C9 were doing with the Rosh strat. Once Razor picked up his Aghs, BKB & refresher, and Morphling picking up his E-blade/Linken/Manta, the game was over. Earthshaker & Lich played their role putting pressure in their respectable lanes. VG now proceeds into the next round, waiting to face the winner of LGD v DK

LGD vs DK Game 3

LGD: Centuar, Viper, Shadow Shaman, Visage & Bat rider
DK: Shadow Fiend, Earthshaker, Elder Titan, Weaver & Lion

The crowd cheering each of DK's pick was spine shivering. Commentators were providing nice backstory behind each pick, saying "Heroes that made them famous". LGD the underdogs, will be lauded for their effort in upsetting big teams to proceed this far into The International. Yao & DDC being the only veterans from the squad, whilst carrying rookies in Lin & <Name escaped me>, were being written off left, right & centre before the TI started. This match was fast-paced due to the LGD line up in looking to take the fight to DK. LGD, at best, were breaking but they could not put any pressure on Burning (Weaver) due to Mushi (Shadow Fiend) dominating the mid lane against Rabbit (Bat rider), thus LGD's biggest priority, was taking out the Shadow Fiend to avoid a massacre from happening. Yao (Centaur) & Rabbit were showing their experience in making some classy pick offs with the stampede + Lasso combo. In four attempted gangs by the duo, they successfully picked out Mushi x2, in team fights at Bot lane, defending the Tier 1. This was playing into the hands of DK as their goal was to drag the game on for as long as possible. As the game was approaching the 30 minute mark, you could feel the LGD party was coming to an end as DK were using every trick in the book to lockdown the bat rider from getting away with flaming lasso, with the Shadow Fiend standing in the front line waiting for a lasso, then having Lanm (Earthshaker) blinking in to echo slam to ensure batrider was lockdown for 1.5 seconds, so Lion could unleash havoc. By the time Burning decided he wanted to get in on some action, LGD had lost bot rax, a couple of their heroes were dead & DK was making their move onto the mid rax. The game ended with LGD calling the GG. DK proceeds into the next round to face former teammate RotK's VG.

Very happy with the finals match ups

r0tk has been nothing other than sensational in the lower bracket. The drafting against DK was simply amazing, also honourable mention that both the teams put in a aggressive, non-stop action packed game. Then to draft like he did against EG in game 1, was purely brilliance. Put Rtz in quite a awkward shoe, forcing EG to draft TA since they banned out his heroes. This was a win for VG as Razor trumps TA, then Sylar going complete God mode having orchid, book 3 and phase all by the 18th minute mark. Game 2 was following a similar path to game one but Universe was chronoing like a beast, trapping a minimum of two heroes each time, it was glorious. Game 3 i fell asleep and will be catching up on it tonight

Now praying VG gets revenge on Newbee to take out the championship, so hard not to like the way VG is currently playing.

Pretty sad C9 lost, I really don't think they needed to go for that level one roshan, and honestly doing it in front of the crowd made it even more stupid. Have to remember it would have been an easy win if they had pulled it off though.

Will be cheering like a mad man for Vici tomorrow. I've always been a massive fan of Sylar, and ROTK has absolutely won my heart in this tournament :D

Pretty sad C9 lost, I really don't think they needed to go for that level one roshan, and honestly doing it in front of the crowd made it even more stupid. Have to remember it would have been an easy win if they had pulled it off though.

Will be cheering like a mad man for Vici tomorrow. I've always been a massive fan of Sylar, and ROTK has absolutely won my heart in this tournament :D

I thought the Roshan issue was the bass in his sound effects, which valve removed for TI4 so they couldn't hear it.

You got to feel for those who made the trip, very anti-climatic ending. Fans of the western doto will not be pleased with that result. Not much to say as there was nothing to take out of those four games. Credit to Newbee, their road to TI champions is a good story, coming from the tiebreakers, then convincingly looking better than their opponents from there on. Really would have liked to see DK vs Newbee in the finals though, the story surrounding that match up would have been huge, with Hao & Banana taunting the non-chinese DK players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the Roshan issue was the bass in his sound effects, which valve removed for TI4 so they couldn't hear it.
That is part of the problem, but if the crowd starts reacting that early then its pretty obvious what is happening.

VG completely crumbled in that final. Once that ember 5th pick came out in game 2 (?) the tournament was over, it was clear Vici had no idea what to draft after that point, its really sad to be honest.

That is part of the problem, but if the crowd starts reacting that early then its pretty obvious what is happening.

VG completely crumbled in that final. Once that ember 5th pick came out in game 2 (?) the tournament was over, it was clear Vici had no idea what to draft after that point, its really sad to be honest.

Luna, SS & Brew's ults was exactly what they needed to stop the deathball, good combination of nukes/dps/lockdown. I felt it was unnecessary to attempt the rosh 1 strat, overall they had a good line up in stopping the deathball. Had they been patient, VG's deathball would have found it very difficult to penetrate through towers due to the ults C9 had.. so many what ifs for C9 :(

Disappointing TI for me, none of my teams even got past the round-robin stage, but thankfully C9 was easy to support. The Jacky Mao/EE gag was great throughout TI, amazing cult hero in the dota community.

Annoyed with r0kt's choke during the draft, makes it even worst he used to play alongside Burning & Lanm, who are both known for having a complex style. You'd think he wouldve taken a thing or two out from their book. If anything, Dota was the real loser today, will be interesting to see what the prize pool be like next year after a underwhelming final series

Yep, lots of us has been spoilt by that TI grand final last year. Few friends are planning to boycott from buying the compendium for next year's TI because of what happened this year. Very silly of them, but their reason to boycott will be long forgotten by the time next year rolls by

StarLadder is the next big tournament, that starts in August for those who are interested. Is basically TI once playoffs rolls around, but teams have to qualify for a spot by finishing in the top 4 within their region

Number of teams participating in their region:
16 Europe and CIS
8 China
8 Americas
8 SEA
8 Finals (4,2,1,1)

That's silly. Imagine saying you'll boycott a grand final because the last one was a Paul Roos coached team vs Ross Lyon coached snore fest.

As for Star Ladder that's a lot of European teams considering the depth of Chinese dota. I suppose it is a European organised tournament.
How does Australia fare? I see Immunity play a few games against some larger SEA teams. Do they stack up?

That's silly. Imagine saying you'll boycott a grand final because the last one was a Paul Roos coached team vs Ross Lyon coached snore fest.

As for Star Ladder that's a lot of European teams considering the depth of Chinese dota. I suppose it is a European organised tournament.
How does Australia fare? I see Immunity play a few games against some larger SEA teams. Do they stack up?
Immunity is basically the same guys that made it to TI2 under the team Natural9/Absolute Legends owning on foreign servers (which is extremely hard). They haven't really competed in any foreign tournaments since that team though. SEA tournaments often don't let them participate from what I hear, and the SEA servers can also have extremely high ping for Australian teams.

Basically they are a very talented team, but simply don't get to show their stuff either due to ping issues (which are more of a problem now due to the increased skill level of other teams), or simply not being invited to tournaments. They were very unlucky to not be invited to the TI qualifiers IMO, but maybe they can be recognised by next year. FWIW they absolutely crush the Australian scene.

Jabso the starladder preseason tournament coming up in involve Immunity and 7 other teams from SEA. Their first game is against Inter Active Phillipines 3 days from now

Not a big follower of this region but ill definitely keep a close eye on the tournament if i have the time

Jabso the starladder preseason tournament coming up in involve Immunity and 7 other teams from SEA. Their first game is against Inter Active Phillipines 3 days from now

Not a big follower of this region but ill definitely keep a close eye on the tournament if i have the time
Looks like a nice little tournament. A few countries represented.

So techies... Wow what a different way of playing. Played a rubick against techies and had a whole heap of fun. One shotted an enchantress with proxy mines. One shotted a pa who I baited to fight on top of my stolen remote mines. She got me to within 10 hp.

Only played one game against them - he was racking up a fair few kills, I was Legion Comm so just warded our jungle and duelled him whenever he was lurking about.

Easy win, easy life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back