No Opposition Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crow till I die

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some of these Carlton flogs are deluded, still predicting 7-9 wins.

Round 8, 1 win. 14 rounds to go.

So they are forecasting around winning 50% of their remaining games, a team that won 2 last year and have 1 win in 8, good luck with that.
You also forgot they are injury riddled and those injuries by and large are to their experienced players

Betts are off

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
GWS away very tough but they're a chance the 4 games after that
You would think that ST Kilda, Essendon, Brisbane, WB and Freo would be the softer part of their draw. But in reality those are 5 teams who can least afford to lose to a team in 18th position right now.

No disrespect to those teams but I think in reality all 5 would be fighting for 7-8th spot by seasons end. Maybe 1-2 gets in maximum.

I think they will be all going into the Carlton game breathing fire

GROTTO

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You know, I almost just want to win the flag for the hilarity of getting the no.1 pick and Carlton getting 18.
Winning flag, coming 1st, handing Carlton Pick 18 which will blow out to probably a pick 20, even with Carlton winning yet another spoon this century is all irrelevant.

They have Stocker.

Plus no meaningful comparison can be made for about 4-5 years and by then Carlton will have a few premierships.

Thats literally the delusional and brainwashed bs they are talking about on their board. At least Port posters admit they are wrong.

We as a supporter base have never experienced this level of idiocy from an opposition team supporters.

GROTTO

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You would think that ST Kilda, Essendon, Brisbane, WB and Freo would be the softer part of their draw. But in reality those are 5 teams who can least afford to lose to a team in 18th position right now.

No disrespect to those teams but I think in reality all 5 would be fighting for 7-8th spot by seasons end. Maybe 1-2 gets in maximum.

I think they will be all going into the Carlton game breathing fire
Dropping a game against Carlton would be considered a body blow to any teams chances of landing in the 8 or cementing a top 4 position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
How many times have we heard that rhetoric over the last 20 years?
1557880834626.png

To think that they were:

a) proud enough of this to print a poster;
b) subsequently led these blokes to three average careers well beneath their talent levels.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Most definitely, if we can get through the next 4 games after GWS with Carlton losing all of them, Pick 1 is a certainty.

They wont go into any of those games though as favorites in that batch of 4.
I'd say a top 2 pick would be a certainty at that point, but not necessarily Pick 1. Carlton losing their next 5 games would put them at least 5 wins behind Brisbane, 4 wins behind St Kilda and the Bulldogs and 3 wins behind Essendon. I'd still think Gold Coast and the Kangaroos could still be a chance to finish bottom though.

The Kangaroos play Sydney, Bulldogs and Gold Coast in the next 4 weeks, so there's 3 chances for a win for them. Games against St Kilda, Essendon and Melbourne are also possible wins. Beyond that it looks a bit harder. So they very well could finish bottom.

Gold Coast have the Kangaroos and St Kilda in their next 5 games. Games against Sydney, Carlton and Essendon look winnable and the Q Clash could be another. Their game vs Carlton at Marvel in R18 is probably the most important for them to win. If GC win that one then Carlton have to catch up 3 games on GC. A Carlton win in that one means Carlton only have to catch up 1 other game on GC.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
To paraphrase the latest delusion

"Even if they get pick #1 it wont matter as by the time that kid is playing ok footy , Stocker may well be entrenched in the strongest team of the league"
Wow, they really are convinced about wanting to trade Stocker. Why trade him to the Crows though, that's the bit that doesn't make sense to me. :p

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
View attachment 674140

To think that they were:

a) proud enough of this to print a poster;
b) subsequently led these blokes to three average careers well beneath their talent levels.
Why the heck would you want a poster up to remind you that your team sucked for 3 years in a row? Also, why did they use a primary school photo for Gibbs?

Crows I Am

All Australian
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
GWS away very tough but they're a chance the 4 games after that
After the GWS game their next 8 are all against opponents that will most likely miss the 8, so they will probably jag a couple of wins in that run. After that though their run home is quite difficult. We just need the other teams near the bottom of the ladder to win a few games here and there to make sure they stay off the bottom.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Moderator #8,596
After the GWS game their next 8 are all against opponents that will most likely miss the 8, so they will probably jag a couple of wins in that run. After that though their run home is quite difficult. We just need the other teams near the bottom of the ladder to win a few games here and there to make sure they stay off the bottom.
If we're being realistic, we're lucky Carlton are bottom. They could easily have beaten Gold Coast, Hawthorn and Collingwood. Fortunately have forgotten how to win. Lacked poise at the death.

Hopefully they don't take any of these opportunities in the short term and their kids tire in the long term.

jaytex

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
To paraphrase the latest delusion

"Even if they get pick #1 it wont matter as by the time that kid is playing ok footy , Stocker may well be entrenched in the strongest team of the league"
I genuinely feel sorry for the lad.

His entire career he's going to be scrutinised as much if not more than a #1 draft pick, due to what is turning into a mad pick swap.

Hard enough to deal with for a genuine #1 talent, let alone a kid rated #19ish at best...

Sloane13

Debutant
Suspended
AFL Club
Adelaide
Or at least rated 6 on Carlton’s list lol ha ha ha ha
His entire career he's going to be scrutinised as much if not more than a #1 draft pick, due to what is turning into a mad pick swap.

Hard enough to deal with for a genuine #1 talent, let alone a kid rated #19ish at best...

Brenton Davy

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, The EXERS!

Imagine the pressure on our 1st rounder next year, be it 1, 2 or 3! Will probably be the most scrutinised player in the clubs history

Top Bottom