No Opposition Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LiquidCrow

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
View attachment 674140

To think that they were:

a) proud enough of this to print a poster;
b) subsequently led these blokes to three average careers well beneath their talent levels.
If they get pick 19 this year they can do another version with Blaine Boekhurst and Stocker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maggsy

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Given the crows would likely be happy with any of the top 3 picks (Rowell, Anderson or Gould) - Reckon there could be a cheeky chance they trade pick 1 if it ends up being in our hands.

Hypothetically the bottom 3 is;

16. Gold Coast
17. Kangaroos
18. Blues (Crows hold pick)

We could trade:
Gold Coast get our Pick 1 - We get their Pick 3 + 14
Kangaroos get our Pick 1 - We get their Pick 2 + 20

OR

Depending on where the bombers and GWS end up, GWS will likely hold two picks inside the top 15 also..

Could be worth considering...

Having a pick 2-3 means the guys would come in with much less pressure and we get to add another top 20 pick; meaning we go into the draft with either; 3, 14, 19 OR 2, 19, 20

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we're being realistic, we're lucky Carlton are bottom. They could easily have beaten Gold Coast, Hawthorn and Collingwood. Fortunately have forgotten how to win. Lacked poise at the death.

Hopefully they don't take any of these opportunities in the short term and their kids tire in the long term.
And GC could have beaten St Kilda and Melbourne. North could have beaten Brisbane and Hawthorn. Melbourne could have beaten Essendon. Essendon could have beaten Sydney. Lots of "what if" scenarios for many teams.

Thylacinus

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
GWS away very tough but they're a chance the 4 games after that
I think they have got GWS at a bad time. GWS will be gnashing their teeth after last weeks loss. Hopefully they can put a little dent in Carlton's percentage.

I am very grateful to Carlton for adding extra spice to this season.

Golumless

I'm kind of a big deal on the east side
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Colorado Rockies.
I doubt that ....they've got a good list now, should be around 10th next year .....only injuries to CARL are helping this year
Get rid of Bolton and maybe. Whilst he is there, Carlton are going to be rooted to the bottom.

I doubt there is a more meaningless thing as how strong a list is on paper.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide, Baghdad Bombers
Get rid of Bolton and maybe. Whilst he is there, Carlton are going to be rooted to the bottom.

I disagree .....when he's had a full team, they've played OK .......but their Backline has been cruelled by injury

You maybe right re the Coach .....but lets hope the injury curse continues :praying:

Golumless

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I disagree .....when he's had a full team, they've played OK .......but their Backline has been cruelled by injury

You maybe right re the Coach .....but lets hope the injury curse continues :praying:
Sure. Played OK relative to their side and winning are vastly different things.

Even if fit, I highly doubt Carlton would have won any of the games they lost. The percentage may be better but this is a side that only knows losing, with a coach who only knows losing.

They had a few hard fought losses last year too.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide, Baghdad Bombers

Even if fit, I highly doubt Carlton would have won any of the games they lost. The percentage may be better but this is a side that only knows losing, with a coach who only knows losing.

Oh they're definitely better, connecting better & will improve as players get more games under their belt ......Kruezer is the most critical player, when he's out, CARL are woeful

Luckliy for us, they may have miscalculated their rise by 12 months

Vhaluus

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oh they're definitely better, connecting better & will improve as players get more games under their belt ......Kruezer is the most critical player, when he's out, CARL are woeful

Luckliy for us, they may have miscalculated their rise by 12 months
You do realize Kreuzer is at the age he could fall off a cliff at any moment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GROTTO

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Whichever way this ends it’s pure entertainment value, especially via Kane Cornes.
When the deal was done. I think most of us in here hoped and felt confident it would be a Top 5 pick which would be a win for us.

The fact that Pick 1 or 2 is looking as a strong possibility is just a huge massive bonus.

If Carlton could take back the deal now, do you think they would?

Rorys458

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
When the deal was done. I think most of us in here hoped and felt confident it would be a Top 5 pick which would be a win for us.

The fact that Pick 1 or 2 is looking as a strong possibility is just a huge massive bonus.

If Carlton could take back the deal now, do you think they would?
Yes but they would say otherwise.

ChilliP

All Australian
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apparently, Carlton had Eagle Rock played on the MCG speakers while Collingwood was doing their early warm up on the weekend. The Eagles song that was played during their victory lap at the GF. A similar thing for us would probably be playing Mr Brightside.

Last edited:

Brenton Davy

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, The EXERS!

They'd have won at east 1 more game if Docherty was fit.

He'd have been on the goal line against the Suns in the last minute, unlike a certain someone else...

cmndstab

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
People saying that Carlton would be alright if not for the injuries are missing the point.

Of course if Carlton gets all their guns on the park, they will win some games. The point was always that they are one or two key injuries away from fielding a VFL-quality side. They have no depth worth a damn. And it's a long season.

Taking the gamble that you'll have your few guns available all season, especially given their injury history... well, it was a big gamble, and played with extremely high stakes.

Sloane13

Debutant
Suspended
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apparently, Carlton, had Eagle Rock played on the MCG speakers while Collingwood were doing their early warm up on the weekend. The Eagles song that was played during their victory lap at the GF. A similar thing for us would probably be playing Mr Brightside.
I can’t believe the Carlton flogs think they are a big chance against gws hmm lol they do say that every week only to be demoralised by game end then the melts come. Love it 😁

ChilliP

All Australian
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can’t believe the Carlton flogs think they are a big chance against gws hmm lol they do say that every week only to be demoralised by game end then the melts come. Love it 😁
I think they are in an odd way. I think they are the worst team in the comp and any team who turns up to play will beat them. The risk is the good teams like collingwood who should beat them easily but they don't turn up.

Golumless

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
They'd have won at east 1 more game if Docherty was fit.

He'd have been on the goal line against the Suns in the last minute, unlike a certain someone else...
They've have found a way to lose that game against the Suns even with Docherty, it's that firmly ingrained in them right now.

3-35, that doesn't happen by accident.

70lethal

All Australian
AFL Club
Adelaide
The spoon was a 2 horse race between Bolton and Dew and Bolton was paying $4.

Walsh and their younger players will start to tire and fatigue.
This is a team that lost to North Melbourne by 10 goals.

Carlton can win 5 games and will still finish bottom.

They would need to beat the Saints twice. Saints beat them by 10 goals last year. Carlton are not 10 Goals better this year.
I reckon Ratten would do extra homework against the Blues.

Those lower teams play each other enough times to guarantee a certain amount of wins.
Any draws between them would be muchly appreciated and sink Carlton.

1970crow

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide

They’ve played some handy football for decent periods. I’m expecting they’re a fair chance to get off the bottom. I had them for 2 wins in our poll. They’re better than that.

Top Bottom