No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got the post where I said sure?

And the one where he suddenly found an excuse? 😂😂

Still going on about odds?

I will wager 1K with you that we don't finish bottom 2

Put your money where your mouth is Sanders
Sure

What odds are you offering?
Even money
What escrow are you proposing. Money upfront
Great, I will let you know
You do that

newbie_kimber & Sanders

After some research, there is no agency that will allow peer to peer wagers in Australia (AFL) for specific best (Blues to finish bottom 2 or not). So unless you know of any that I may not be aware of, looks like this wager will be bragging rights only ;)

Like I said, if he left as a FA, we would have only gotten pick 16 as compensation and no Milera.
Ok but he was never going to leave as a free agent because we were always going to match Geelong's offer of 800k a year for 4 years which means Geelong would have to trade for him anyway. Everyone knew this, so we just went straight to the trade table, we had the upper hand, we should of demanded 2 firsts, I dont care they wanted one to go to carlton for Henderson. They wanted and needed Danger more and they would have paid it if we held out longer.

Ok but he was never going to leave as a free agent because we were always going to match Geelong's offer of 800k a year for 4 years which means Geelong would have to trade for him anyway. Everyone knew this, so we just went straight to the trade table, we had the upper hand, we should of demanded 2 firsts, I dont care they wanted one to go to carlton for Henderson. They wanted and needed Danger more and they would have paid it if we held out longer.
agree...but past is past and it seems that we have been learning our lessons re the Lever trade and the McGovern trade where we got overs for both. As long as this trend continues we will be all the better for it when it occurs

I hate to think what our curve will look like with another five years of Brett Burton running things.

Weird flex, but ok.

Well to be fair we had Swann & Inke before him, remember them going on about what a great job those masterminds were doing.

That was cult like as well "In Swann & Inke We Trust".

Will they never learn.

Ah, the brains trust that preferred Shaun Hampson and Robert Warnock to Sam Jacobs.

Almost a decade later that decision continues to bite as Warnock goes on to get Thomas suspended before a rare winnable game.

(1) i am never wrong, except most of the time

(2) No. *******. Way.

tenor.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
(1) i am never wrong, except most of the time

(2) No. *******. Way.

tenor.gif
I told you it was inevitable very early in this thread.;)

Carlton fans are light-years ahead of anyone else when it comes to combining unjustified optimism with an irresistible urge to tell everyone else about their supposedly impending greatness.

Last edited by a moderator:

But if they aren't able to get Henderson then they have an extra 600k to pay Dangerfield and we get nothing but compensation. Then they look at restructuring Dangerfields contract in a couple of years time to put it back to 800k/year so they have enough money to re-contract Milera who now plays for them.

But if they aren't able to get Henderson then they have an extra 600k to pay Dangerfield and we get nothing but compensation. Then they look at restructuring Dangerfields contract in a couple of years time to put it back to 800k/year so they have enough money to re-contract Milera who now plays for them.

We had the final option to match any contract offer that the Cats make to Danger. As this is under FA, the Cats couldnt just change the terms of his contract in a few years time.

We also could have take Milera with out compensation pick. That we will never know if he would have lasted til then.

The players we took ahead of Milera are Charlie Curnow, Eric Hipwood, Daniel Rioli, Harrison Himmelberg, Brayden Fiorini,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had the final option to match any contract offer that the Cats make to Danger. As this is under FA, the Cats couldnt just change the terms of his contract in a few years time.

We also could have take Milera with out compensation pick. That we will never know if he would have lasted til then.

The players we took ahead of Milera are Charlie Curnow, Eric Hipwood, Daniel Rioli, Harrison Himmelberg, Brayden Fiorini,

Picks 11-20 in 2015 look like they'll be better than 1-10!

Aside from the blokes being Boltoned/Sossed they've all shown a lot!

Imagine 17 year old players like Kreuzer, Gibbs and Murphy at a good AFL Club when drafted. They have had their careers wrecked by Carlton.

Bolton has a winning record vs only one club...

Essendon :eek:

Thats almost an accurate Fun Fact. Well done.:thumbsu:

Bolton has a 100% record against Carlton. :drunk: Coached one game for the Hawks for a win against them.

We had the option to match but you can't bluff it, you actually have to be able to and willing to offer the contract for the player to stay and we wouldn't have been willing or able to go up to what Dangerfield + Henderson's contract would be. If we did Danger would have been a big chance to accept it on a 1-year deal to try again a year later, which would have ****ed our list as we would have lost other players we resigned after he left.
Player's contracts get restructured all the time, there are no rules that I am aware of that a free agent can't later restructure their contract.

We had the option to match but you can't bluff it, you actually have to be able to and willing to offer the contract for the player to stay and we wouldn't have been willing or able to go up to what Dangerfield + Henderson's contract would be. If we did Danger would have been a big chance to accept it on a 1-year deal to try again a year later, which would have ****** our list as we would have lost other players we resigned after he left.
Player's contracts get restructured all the time, there are no rules that I am aware of that a free agent can't later restructure their contract.

If that was the case, if for example Grundy wanted to come to us next year, we could beat any Pies offer and then restructure it afterwards. Im no expert on this, but to my understanding you cant change the dollar amount of the FA contract. I could be wrong.

If Danger had stayed for a year. He would have been a part of our 2017 season. Hmmmmm. I think the collateral fallout would have been we would have lost Jenkins at the end of 2017. He was one of the players we offered a big contract too. We also may have not traded for Gibbs.

Bolton has a winning record vs only one club...

Essendon :eek:
That could soon change, so that he has no winning record against any other club as coach of Carlton.

Surely that would be some kind of record for someone who has coached more than 50 games.

If that was the case, if for example Grundy wanted to come to us next year, we could beat any Pies offer and then restructure it afterwards. Im no expert on this, but to my understanding you cant change the dollar amount of the FA contract. I could be wrong.

If Danger had stayed for a year. He would have been a part of our 2017 season. Hmmmmm. I think the collateral fallout would have been we would have lost Jenkins at the end of 2017. He was one of the players we offered a big contract too. We also may have not traded for Gibbs.

You're allowed to trade Kurt Tippett to Sydney for a 2nd round pick, but planning to do it and putting it in writing will get you in the s**t. You're allowed to restructure a players contract, just don't leave any evidence that it was always the plan.

Danger left at the end of 2015, if he stayed he probably would have left at the end of 2016 after we had lost players to fit in his salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back