No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relaxed

Senior List
Feb 3, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Carlton's remaining games where they will "possibly" go in as favorites in ORANGE.

Thu 21 Mar 7:20pm Carlton v Richmond MCG
Sat 30 Mar 4:40pm Port Adelaide v Carlton Adelaide Oval
Sat 6 Apr 1:45pm Carlton v Sydney Marvel Stadium
Sun 14 Apr 2:40pm Gold Coast v Carlton Metricon Stadium

Sun 21 Apr 1:10pm Western Bulldogs v Carlton Marvel Stadium
Sun 28 Apr 3:20pm Hawthorn v Carlton UTAS Stadium
Sun 5 May 1:10pm Carlton v North Melbourne Marvel Stadium

Sat 11 May 1:45pm Carlton v Collingwood MCG
Sun 19 May 4:40pm GWS v Carlton Showground Stadium
Sun 26 May 3:20pm St Kilda v Carlton Marvel Stadium
Sun 2 Jun 3:20pm Essendon v Carlton MCG
Sat 8 Jun 1:45pm Carlton v Brisbane Marvel Stadium
Sat 15 Jun 7:25pm Carlton v Western Bulldogs Marvel Stadium
Carlton BYE

Sun 30 Jun 3:20pm Fremantle v Carlton Optus Stadium
Sun 7 Jul 1:10pm Carlton v Melbourne MCG
Sat 13 Jul 1:45pm Sydney v Carlton SCG
Sat 20 Jul 2:10pm Carlton v Gold Coast Marvel Stadium
Sat 27 Jul 2:10pm Carlton v Adelaide MCG
Sun 4 Aug 3:20pm Carlton v West Coast Marvel Stadium
Sun 11 Aug 3:20pm Richmond v Carlton MCG

Sat 17 Aug 1:45pm Carlton v St Kilda MCG
Sun 25 Aug 12:00am Geelong v Carlton GMHBA Stadium

I can actually see 9 of their games being a decent contest with the lower average scoring rates this year.
But, 8 of those games are all in a row, separated by the BYE. They will need Kreuzer, Cripps, Walsh, McGov, McKay, Weitering, SPS to all stay fit during the 8 week period. With their injury woes, I don't know if that is possible. They have so few shouldering the load that every game is like finals for them. Sustaining any form is the issue, especially since their players are probably aware that they have no chance of making finals. The last 5 rounds could be ugly for them.

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Saints injury list is mounting.
Carlton get them at a bad time.
Essendon has a few as well like fanta sia

Over on Carlton way we're tipped to "again" lose to Richmond at home.

We've never lost to Richmond at Adelaide Oval.

We've lost one game against Richmond in South Australia in the last 20 years.

Nah, we did in 2014.

Martin got away with as blatant a shove in the back as you'll ever see to seal it.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Over on Carlton way we're tipped to "again" lose to Richmond at home.

We've never lost to Richmond at Adelaide Oval.

We've lost one game against Richmond in South Australia in the last 20 years.
That was the night the lights went out a footy park and Jarman kicked a goal lying on his back in the goal square

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some of these Carlton flogs are deluded, still predicting 7-9 wins.

Round 8, 1 win. 14 rounds to go.

So they are forecasting around winning 50% of their remaining games, a team that won 2 last year and have 1 win in 8, good luck with that.
You also forgot they are injury riddled and those injuries by and large are to their experienced players

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
GWS away very tough but they're a chance the 4 games after that
You would think that ST Kilda, Essendon, Brisbane, WB and Freo would be the softer part of their draw. But in reality those are 5 teams who can least afford to lose to a team in 18th position right now.

No disrespect to those teams but I think in reality all 5 would be fighting for 7-8th spot by seasons end. Maybe 1-2 gets in maximum.

I think they will be all going into the Carlton game breathing fire

You know, I almost just want to win the flag for the hilarity of getting the no.1 pick and Carlton getting 18.

Winning flag, coming 1st, handing Carlton Pick 18 which will blow out to probably a pick 20, even with Carlton winning yet another spoon this century is all irrelevant.

They have Stocker.

Plus no meaningful comparison can be made for about 4-5 years and by then Carlton will have a few premierships.

Thats literally the delusional and brainwashed bs they are talking about on their board. At least Port posters admit they are wrong.

We as a supporter base have never experienced this level of idiocy from an opposition team supporters.

You would think that ST Kilda, Essendon, Brisbane, WB and Freo would be the softer part of their draw. But in reality those are 5 teams who can least afford to lose to a team in 18th position right now.

No disrespect to those teams but I think in reality all 5 would be fighting for 7-8th spot by seasons end. Maybe 1-2 gets in maximum.

I think they will be all going into the Carlton game breathing fire

Dropping a game against Carlton would be considered a body blow to any teams chances of landing in the 8 or cementing a top 4 position.

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
How many times have we heard that rhetoric over the last 20 years?

1557880834626.png

To think that they were:

a) proud enough of this to print a poster;
b) subsequently led these blokes to three average careers well beneath their talent levels.

View attachment 674140

To think that they were:

a) proud enough of this to print a poster;
b) subsequently led these blokes to three average careers well beneath their talent levels.

I see three wooden spoons in that picture.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Most definitely, if we can get through the next 4 games after GWS with Carlton losing all of them, Pick 1 is a certainty.

They wont go into any of those games though as favorites in that batch of 4.

I'd say a top 2 pick would be a certainty at that point, but not necessarily Pick 1. Carlton losing their next 5 games would put them at least 5 wins behind Brisbane, 4 wins behind St Kilda and the Bulldogs and 3 wins behind Essendon. I'd still think Gold Coast and the Kangaroos could still be a chance to finish bottom though.

The Kangaroos play Sydney, Bulldogs and Gold Coast in the next 4 weeks, so there's 3 chances for a win for them. Games against St Kilda, Essendon and Melbourne are also possible wins. Beyond that it looks a bit harder. So they very well could finish bottom.

Gold Coast have the Kangaroos and St Kilda in their next 5 games. Games against Sydney, Carlton and Essendon look winnable and the Q Clash could be another. Their game vs Carlton at Marvel in R18 is probably the most important for them to win. If GC win that one then Carlton have to catch up 3 games on GC. A Carlton win in that one means Carlton only have to catch up 1 other game on GC.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
To paraphrase the latest delusion

"Even if they get pick #1 it wont matter as by the time that kid is playing ok footy , Stocker may well be entrenched in the strongest team of the league"

Wow, they really are convinced about wanting to trade Stocker. Why trade him to the Crows though, that's the bit that doesn't make sense to me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back