No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS away very tough but they're a chance the 4 games after that
After the GWS game their next 8 are all against opponents that will most likely miss the 8, so they will probably jag a couple of wins in that run. After that though their run home is quite difficult. We just need the other teams near the bottom of the ladder to win a few games here and there to make sure they stay off the bottom.

After the GWS game their next 8 are all against opponents that will most likely miss the 8, so they will probably jag a couple of wins in that run. After that though their run home is quite difficult. We just need the other teams near the bottom of the ladder to win a few games here and there to make sure they stay off the bottom.
If we're being realistic, we're lucky Carlton are bottom. They could easily have beaten Gold Coast, Hawthorn and Collingwood. Fortunately have forgotten how to win. Lacked poise at the death.

Hopefully they don't take any of these opportunities in the short term and their kids tire in the long term.

To paraphrase the latest delusion

"Even if they get pick #1 it wont matter as by the time that kid is playing ok footy , Stocker may well be entrenched in the strongest team of the league"

I genuinely feel sorry for the lad.

His entire career he's going to be scrutinised as much if not more than a #1 draft pick, due to what is turning into a mad pick swap.

Hard enough to deal with for a genuine #1 talent, let alone a kid rated #19ish at best...

Or at least rated 6 on Carlton’s list lol ha ha ha ha
His entire career he's going to be scrutinised as much if not more than a #1 draft pick, due to what is turning into a mad pick swap.

Hard enough to deal with for a genuine #1 talent, let alone a kid rated #19ish at best...

Imagine the pressure on our 1st rounder next year, be it 1, 2 or 3! Will probably be the most scrutinised player in the clubs history

Given the crows would likely be happy with any of the top 3 picks (Rowell, Anderson or Gould) - Reckon there could be a cheeky chance they trade pick 1 if it ends up being in our hands.

Hypothetically the bottom 3 is;

16. Gold Coast
17. Kangaroos
18. Blues (Crows hold pick)

We could trade:
Gold Coast get our Pick 1 - We get their Pick 3 + 14
Kangaroos get our Pick 1 - We get their Pick 2 + 20

OR

Depending on where the bombers and GWS end up, GWS will likely hold two picks inside the top 15 also..

Could be worth considering...

Having a pick 2-3 means the guys would come in with much less pressure and we get to add another top 20 pick; meaning we go into the draft with either; 3, 14, 19 OR 2, 19, 20

If we're being realistic, we're lucky Carlton are bottom. They could easily have beaten Gold Coast, Hawthorn and Collingwood. Fortunately have forgotten how to win. Lacked poise at the death.

Hopefully they don't take any of these opportunities in the short term and their kids tire in the long term.

And GC could have beaten St Kilda and Melbourne. North could have beaten Brisbane and Hawthorn. Melbourne could have beaten Essendon. Essendon could have beaten Sydney. Lots of "what if" scenarios for many teams.

GWS away very tough but they're a chance the 4 games after that
I think they have got GWS at a bad time. GWS will be gnashing their teeth after last weeks loss. Hopefully they can put a little dent in Carlton's percentage.

I am very grateful to Carlton for adding extra spice to this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt that ....they've got a good list now, should be around 10th next year .....only injuries to CARL are helping this year

Get rid of Bolton and maybe. Whilst he is there, Carlton are going to be rooted to the bottom.

I doubt there is a more meaningless thing as how strong a list is on paper.

Get rid of Bolton and maybe. Whilst he is there, Carlton are going to be rooted to the bottom.

I doubt there is a more meaningless thing as how strong a list is on paper.
I disagree .....when he's had a full team, they've played OK .......but their Backline has been cruelled by injury

You maybe right re the Coach .....but lets hope the injury curse continues :praying:

I disagree .....when he's had a full team, they've played OK .......but their Backline has been cruelled by injury

You maybe right re the Coach .....but lets hope the injury curse continues :praying:

Sure. Played OK relative to their side and winning are vastly different things.

Even if fit, I highly doubt Carlton would have won any of the games they lost. The percentage may be better but this is a side that only knows losing, with a coach who only knows losing.

They had a few hard fought losses last year too.

Sure. Played OK relative to their side and winning are vastly different things.

Even if fit, I highly doubt Carlton would have won any of the games they lost. The percentage may be better but this is a side that only knows losing, with a coach who only knows losing.

They had a few hard fought losses last year too.
Oh they're definitely better, connecting better & will improve as players get more games under their belt ......Kruezer is the most critical player, when he's out, CARL are woeful

Luckliy for us, they may have miscalculated their rise by 12 months

Oh they're definitely better, connecting better & will improve as players get more games under their belt ......Kruezer is the most critical player, when he's out, CARL are woeful

Luckliy for us, they may have miscalculated their rise by 12 months

You do realize Kreuzer is at the age he could fall off a cliff at any moment?

Whichever way this ends it’s pure entertainment value, especially via Kane Cornes.

When the deal was done. I think most of us in here hoped and felt confident it would be a Top 5 pick which would be a win for us.

The fact that Pick 1 or 2 is looking as a strong possibility is just a huge massive bonus.

If Carlton could take back the deal now, do you think they would?

When the deal was done. I think most of us in here hoped and felt confident it would be a Top 5 pick which would be a win for us.

The fact that Pick 1 or 2 is looking as a strong possibility is just a huge massive bonus.

If Carlton could take back the deal now, do you think they would?
Yes but they would say otherwise.

Apparently, Carlton had Eagle Rock played on the MCG speakers while Collingwood was doing their early warm up on the weekend. The Eagles song that was played during their victory lap at the GF. A similar thing for us would probably be playing Mr Brightside.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back