No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. Played OK relative to their side and winning are vastly different things.

Even if fit, I highly doubt Carlton would have won any of the games they lost. The percentage may be better but this is a side that only knows losing, with a coach who only knows losing.

They had a few hard fought losses last year too.

They'd have won at east 1 more game if Docherty was fit.

He'd have been on the goal line against the Suns in the last minute, unlike a certain someone else...

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
People saying that Carlton would be alright if not for the injuries are missing the point.

Of course if Carlton gets all their guns on the park, they will win some games. The point was always that they are one or two key injuries away from fielding a VFL-quality side. They have no depth worth a damn. And it's a long season.

Taking the gamble that you'll have your few guns available all season, especially given their injury history... well, it was a big gamble, and played with extremely high stakes.

Sloane13

Debutant
Apr 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apparently, Carlton, had Eagle Rock played on the MCG speakers while Collingwood were doing their early warm up on the weekend. The Eagles song that was played during their victory lap at the GF. A similar thing for us would probably be playing Mr Brightside.

I can’t believe the Carlton flogs think they are a big chance against gws hmm lol they do say that every week only to be demoralised by game end then the melts come. Love it 😁

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can’t believe the Carlton flogs think they are a big chance against gws hmm lol they do say that every week only to be demoralised by game end then the melts come. Love it 😁

I think they are in an odd way. I think they are the worst team in the comp and any team who turns up to play will beat them. The risk is the good teams like collingwood who should beat them easily but they don't turn up.

They'd have won at east 1 more game if Docherty was fit.

He'd have been on the goal line against the Suns in the last minute, unlike a certain someone else...

They've have found a way to lose that game against the Suns even with Docherty, it's that firmly ingrained in them right now.

3-35, that doesn't happen by accident.

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
The spoon was a 2 horse race between Bolton and Dew and Bolton was paying $4.

Walsh and their younger players will start to tire and fatigue.
This is a team that lost to North Melbourne by 10 goals.

Carlton can win 5 games and will still finish bottom.

They would need to beat the Saints twice. Saints beat them by 10 goals last year. Carlton are not 10 Goals better this year.
I reckon Ratten would do extra homework against the Blues.

Those lower teams play each other enough times to guarantee a certain amount of wins.
Any draws between them would be muchly appreciated and sink Carlton.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Get rid of Bolton and maybe. Whilst he is there, Carlton are going to be rooted to the bottom.

I doubt there is a more meaningless thing as how strong a list is on paper.

They’ve played some handy football for decent periods. I’m expecting they’re a fair chance to get off the bottom. I had them for 2 wins in our poll. They’re better than that.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
People saying that Carlton would be alright if not for the injuries are missing the point.

Of course if Carlton gets all their guns on the park, they will win some games. The point was always that they are one or two key injuries away from fielding a VFL-quality side. They have no depth worth a damn. And it's a long season.

Taking the gamble that you'll have your few guns available all season, especially given their injury history... well, it was a big gamble, and played with extremely high stakes.
What about the teams they played..they also had players missing through injury so if we are going to say carlton might have won those games if they had no injuries..its only fair to assume the teams that beat them could have also been stronger too

I read something a week or two back which made me smile and shake my head. The writer suggested Carlton was tanking. I thought either the author has absolutely no idea or must think Carlton loves us that much.
:think::think::think::think::think::think::think::think::think::think::think::think::think::think::think:

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Besides, EVERY side gets injuries. There are games Carlton would have lost by a lot more if the other side was fielding their absolute best 22

They’ve played some handy football for decent periods. I’m expecting they’re a fair chance to get off the bottom. I had them for 2 wins in our poll. They’re better than that.
But some of the other teams at the bottom end may still be better than they are. Still possible for Carlton to double their wins from last year and still finish bottom.

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I read something a week or two back which made me smile and shake my head. The writer suggested Carlton was tanking. I thought either the author has absolutely no idea or must think Carlton loves us that much.
Confirmed: AFL will find them guilty of tanking and strip them/us of their first and second round pick

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Carlton won 2 games last year
They got McGovern and Walsh (Setterfield coming of a knee and Fasolo, Newman don't rate very high)
How much difference are/were people expecting that to make.
Oh but the young kids get an extra season under Bolton :'(
Walsh's kick to handball ratio's have reversed in 8 games.
From 2 kicks per HB to 1 kick per 2 HB. Short sample of 8 games but highlights Carlton's crapola.

Why wouldn't people expect the Saints and GC young kids to develop the same if not more?

Carlton are getting what should have been predicted.
They are the spin doctors and most fall for it especially the media and the AFL pump their tyre's as they have a large supporter base.

This AFL would be loving this trade.
It's created a huge talking point and generated interest in games that otherwise had no interest.
AFL will brag that live trading and future trading is a success as Adelaide have got their 1st pick 1

Instead of priority picks etc we should just be forced to give them Jenkins.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
But some of the other teams at the bottom end may still be better than they are. Still possible for Carlton to double their wins from last year and still finish bottom.

No doubt, but I think there's a reasonable risk that Carlton win all their games against their follow spoon combatants, of which I think there's about 5. I wouldn't be surprised if they pinch a win against a team or 2 hovering around the 8th spot either. There's definitely a risk to them of tiring or incurring injury which would further expose their lack of depth, but I think they've been close enough that there'll be a fair bit of enthusiasm among the group.

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Real chance. If GC bring their contested game at home, Port will lose.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back