No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
IMG_0190.JPG

goBlue

Debutant
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Love it how the carlton flogs come on here and rant about lever, cameron and mcgovern leaving adelaide and then talking about betts, walker, lynch and jenkins as if to somehow imply that adelaide is old and has lost all its youth in recent times..

Funny how they never meantion names like doedee, mcrouch, laird, milera, fogarty, gallucci.. when they rant about adelaide and its future..

Carlton have a heap of tired old players that arent even that great... then they have bugger all in the way of mid age range players and a heap of very promising young players that are being developed by one of the worst clubs in the comp when it comes to developing young talent...

You finished bottom last year FFS!!!.. you only won two ******* games.. take your “our list is better than adelaide’s” bullshit insinuations back to your s**t carlton board.

First of all I never said your list has lost all its youth, I really like fogarty, doedee, and laird. I love the talent you guys have, I was just stating you have a very old forward line that could be struck down by injury, similarly to our older guys. I wasn't trying to rant, just coming over for a chat about the deathride, its pretty cool and will be exciting throughout the season.

In 2016 and 2017 we won 7 and 6 games with a worse list then. We have now developed the likes of C Curno, Weitering, Mckay. We are bringing in Mcgovern who could have a breakout year and Setters who could be a beast. We are in a much better situation now then in 2016 + 17, so we should be improving significantly from 2018.

In 2018 we literally got struck down by injury, having to replace them with recycled duds from other clubs. So I do expect our club to do a lot better, and you might not see that, however thats your view. Also, i never said or insinuated that “our list is better than adelaide’s” so read again mate.

Last edited:

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
First of all I never said your list has lost all its youth, I really like fogarty, doedee, and laird. I love the talent you guys have, I was just stating you have a very old forward line that could be struck down by injury, similarly to our older guys. I wasn't trying to rant, just coming over for a chat about the deathride, its pretty cool and will be exciting throughout the season.

In 2016 and 2017 we won 7 and 6 games with a worse list then. We have now developed the likes of C Curno, Weitering, Mckay. We are bringing in Mcgovern who could have a breakout year and Setters who could be a beast. We are in a much better situation now then in 2016 + 17, so we should be improving significantly from 2018.

In 2018 we literally got struck down by injury, having to replace them with recycled duds from other clubs. So I do expect our club to do a lot better, and you might not see that, however thats your view. Also, i never said or insinuated that “our list is better than adelaide’s” so read again mate.
How old is the forward line?
Maybe go check the ages before making crap up.
Betts is the only one over 30.
You lost Gibbs in 2017 in case you forgot.
You lost Tuohy in 2016.
You lost Henderson in 2015

Your list isnt better because you lost half your class experience and leadership which has left a massive vacuum that young high draft picks wont fill in the short term and may or may not in the longterm and in the mean time murphy simpson kreuzer are about to finish.
Your midfield is potentially years away.
As much as i like Setterfield your banking a lot on a guy thats manage 2 games in 2 seasons.
Add to that no Docherty and you will be in a world of pain again this year.

Your list may appear to have more talent but that is purely speculation.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
How old is the forward line?
Maybe go check the ages before making crap up.
Betts is the only one over 30.
You lost Gibbs in 2017 in case you forgot.
You lost Tuohy in 2016.
You lost Henderson in 2015

Your list isnt better because you lost half your class experience and leadership which has left a massive vacuum that young high draft picks wont fill in the short term and may or may not in the longterm and in the mean time murphy simpson kreuzer are about to finish.
Your midfield is potentially years away.
As much as i like Setterfield your banking a lot on a guy thats manage 2 games in 2 seasons.
Add to that no Docherty and you will be in a world of pain again this year.

Your list may appear to have more talent but that is purely speculation.
There is the other thing about the rest of the competition, of the teams above them only Gold Coast are a shoe in to be crap.

Saint Kilda are capable of a better showing and Brisbane are definitely on the way up and go into 2019 with a lot of confidence and new recruits.

Then there is the big gap to Freo and Bulldogs. Freo have a massive home ground advantage plus finally a forward line, if they can get by in the midfield they won’t go backwards. The Bulldogs midfield is elite and they have too much talent to drop lower than they were this year.

Above them only Port I could see sliding but not Carlton levels of low.

Carlton don’t have enough going for them to see them finishing higher than 14th, I think we are assured a top 4 pick at least.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
There is the other thing about the rest of the competition, of the teams above them only Gold Coast are a shoe in to be crap.

Saint Kilda are capable of a better showing and Brisbane are definitely on the way up and go into 2019 with a lot of confidence and new recruits.

Then there is the big gap to Freo and Bulldogs. Freo have a massive home ground advantage plus finally a forward line, if they can get by in the midfield they won’t go backwards. The Bulldogs midfield is elite and they have too much talent to drop lower than they were this year.

Above them only Port I could see sliding but not Carlton levels of low.

Carlton don’t have enough going for them to see them finishing higher than 14th, I think we are assured a top 4 pick at least.
I agree. Its not that Carlton are going to be terrible ( I have them winning 6 games) its the improvement of the other teams

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers

You need to go back and re-read your own comment.

You listed the “old”* players in Adelaides list then the listed all the old players on Carlton’s list... then you listed all of Carlton’s younger players that were coming into their 3rd and 4th year’s but mysteriously left out meantioning all of Adelaides younger players that are doing the same although you did meantion a couple of young guys that have left the club... Why?... I don’t know... maybe it didn’t suit your frail arguement, which was based on you insulating that Carlton had a far better and younger list than adelaide...

The thing is.... Carlton *in should have a far better and younger list of talented players than adelaide... they should have a far better and younger list than nearly every AFL club with the gluttony of early picks and afl concessions they’ve had.... But not only are they terrible at recognising and drafting in top talent with all their handouts, when they do manage to snag a potentially great young player, they ruin him with their poor development system.

The sickening part about it all is that in a few years from now Carlton will probably get up the top end of the ladder and become flag contenders.. all manufactured by the AFL.. and we all know how you Carlton flogs will be carrying on then, guaranteed you’ll all be ignoring the 15-20 years of total and utter shitness, ignoring all the early picks and concessions, ignoring the 15-20 years of incompetence and instead will be strutting around like prize roosters telling us all how good you are and how great a club Carlton, with all its history and tradition, is and always has been.. all the while demanding that we also forget about the last 15-20 years...

*everyone (especially you Carlton flogs) loves to carry on about Adelaide’s “old” list of tex, Sloane, lynch, Jenkins and Betts... but in reality tex, Sloane and lynch are only 29 next year... Jenkins will be 30... Betts will be 33 in November 19... the way you lot carry on it’s as if these guys are in their late bloody 30’s... there’s plenty of footy left in each of these lads and they are a hundred times better players than the old spuds Carlton still has on its list.

May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal
You're counting Weitering as "developed"?:huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Date Home v Away Teams Venue Crowd Result Disposals Goals
Thu 21 Mar 7:20pm Carlton v Richmond MCG
Sat 30 Mar 4:40pm Port Adelaide v Carlton Adelaide Oval
Sat 6 Apr 1:45pm Carlton v Sydney Marvel Stadium
Sun 14 Apr 2:40pm Gold Coast v Carlton Metricon Stadium
Sun 21 Apr 1:10pm Western Bulldogs v Carlton Marvel Stadium 50/50
Sun 28 Apr 3:20pm Hawthorn v Carlton UTAS Stadium
Sun 5 May 1:10pm Carlton v North Melbourne Marvel Stadium
Sat 11 May 1:45pm Carlton v Collingwood MCG
Sun 19 May 4:40pm GWS v Carlton Showground Stadium
Sun 26 May 3:20pm St Kilda v Carlton Marvel Stadium 50/50
Sun 2 Jun 3:20pm Essendon v Carlton MCG
Sat 8 Jun 1:45pm Carlton v Brisbane Marvel Stadium
Sat 15 Jun 7:25pm Carlton v Western Bulldogs Marvel Stadium 50/50
Carlton BYE
Sun 30 Jun 3:20pm Fremantle v Carlton Optus Stadium
Sun 7 Jul 1:10pm Carlton v Melbourne MCG
Sat 13 Jul 1:45pm Sydney v Carlton SCG
Sat 20 Jul 2:10pm Carlton v Gold Coast Marvel Stadium 50/50
Sat 27 Jul 2:10pm Carlton v Adelaide MCG
Sun 4 Aug 3:20pm Carlton v West Coast Marvel Stadium
Sun 11 Aug 3:20pm Richmond v Carlton MCG
Sat 17 Aug 1:45pm Carlton v St Kilda MCG 50/50
Sun 25 Aug 12:00am Geelong v Carlton GMHBA Stadium

Five 50/50 games and probably one or two "luck" wins

Thats about ~4 wins for the season. Exciting times with the Blues. :drunk:

goBlue

Debutant
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
You need to go back and re-read your own comment.

You listed the “old”* players in Adelaides list then the listed all the old players on Carlton’s list... then you listed all of Carlton’s younger players that were coming into their 3rd and 4th year’s but mysteriously left out meantioning all of Adelaides younger players that are doing the same although you did meantion a couple of young guys that have left the club... Why?... I don’t know... maybe it didn’t suit your frail arguement, which was based on you insulating that Carlton had a far better and younger list than adelaide...

The thing is.... Carlton ****in should have a far better and younger list of talented players than adelaide... they should have a far better and younger list than nearly every AFL club with the gluttony of early picks and afl concessions they’ve had.... But not only are they terrible at recognising and drafting in top talent with all their handouts, when they do manage to snag a potentially great young player, they ruin him with their poor development system.

The sickening part about it all is that in a few years from now Carlton will probably get up the top end of the ladder and become flag contenders.. all manufactured by the AFL.. and we all know how you Carlton flogs will be carrying on then, guaranteed you’ll all be ignoring the 15-20 years of total and utter shitness, ignoring all the early picks and concessions, ignoring the 15-20 years of incompetence and instead will be strutting around like prize roosters telling us all how good you are and how great a club Carlton, with all its history and tradition, is and always has been.. all the while demanding that we also forget about the last 15-20 years...

*everyone (especially you Carlton flogs) loves to carry on about Adelaide’s “old” list of tex, Sloane, lynch, Jenkins and Betts... but in reality tex, Sloane and lynch are only 29 next year... Jenkins will be 30... Betts will be 33 in November 19... the way you lot carry on it’s as if these guys are in their late bloody 30’s... there’s plenty of footy left in each of these lads and they are a hundred times better players than the old spuds Carlton still has on its list.

Ok, what handouts are you talking about?, our younger list is by far better than Adelaides, I'm sorry stop being stupid. our younger list is one of the best in the league joint with Brisbane's. In 2015 SOS drafted Weitering, Mckay, C Curno and Cuningham. 2016 SPS, Fisher who nobody else rated except for SOS. Fisher is looking amazing at the moment, cant wait for this season ahead. 2017 Dow, O'brien, 2018 Walsh, Stocker.

How is that terrible at recognising and drafting talent. I'm stoked with the players SOS has picked up, maybe in hindsight he couldve picked others. BUT THATS WITH HINDSIGHT. So how is this all manufactored by the AFL, when we have been rebuiling for the last 3/4 years, we got rid of players to get early picks in the draft, we knew what we had to do and now we have done it. I agree with the fact Carlton have been s**t for the last 15-20 years, s**t recruiting, s**t development, s**t everything. Even when the Judd deal happened it was a s**t deal on Carlton. Ultimately delaying the inevitable of having a rebuild. However, with the list now I've never been happy and cannot wait for 2019 and on.

With Adelaides older players, I wasnt saying they were bad, just saying injury could strike, just like with our players. So the season depends on luck with injury. Thats it. Stop being salty

Last edited:
Ok, what handouts are you talking about?, our younger list is by far better than Adelaides, I'm sorry stop being stupid. our younger list is one of the best in the league joint with Brisbane's. In 2015 SOS
I hate when the universe is oblique.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Ok, what handouts are you talking about?, our younger list is by far better than Adelaides, I'm sorry stop being stupid. our younger list is one of the best in the league joint with Brisbane's. In 2015 SOS drafted Weitering, Mckay, C Curno and Cuningham. 2016 SPS, Fisher who nobody else rated except for SOS. Fisher is looking amazing at the moment, cant wait for this season ahead. 2017 Dow, O'brien, 2018 Walsh, Stocker.

How is that terrible at recognising and drafting talent. I'm stoked with the players SOS has picked up, maybe in hindsight he couldve picked others. BUT THATS WITH HINDSIGHT. So how is this all manufactored by the AFL, when we have been rebuiling for the last 3/4 years, we got rid of players to get early picks in the draft, we knew what we had to do and now we have done it. I agree with the fact Carlton have been s**t for the last 15-20 years, s**t recruiting, s**t development, s**t everything. Even when the Judd deal happened it was a s**t deal on Carlton. Ultimately delaying the inevitable of having a rebuild. However, with the list now I've never been happy and cannot wait for 2019 and on.

With Adelaides older players, I wasnt saying they were bad, just saying injury could strike, just like with our players. So the season depends on luck with injury. Thats it. Stop being salty
Your list has been called out as the shitest in league by nearly every scribe in the country.

The only reason you get more love than GC is becuase they just lost their 2 best players.

The only thing we can agree on is you have the best Patrick Cripps in the Comp.

That's it.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Actually this is pretty far from true

Your list for this coming season might well be considerably inferior to 2016 or 2017.

I’m not talking about in 3 or 4 years but for the campaign ahead

Compared to 16/17
Murphy is cooked
Simpson on last legs
No docherty
No wright
Kreuzer played every game both years, unlikely to be repeated in 2019

And you’ve got a coach the players know is being examined closely by the board. Does he have the players confidence?

You might be better for the future but the coming season looks bleak :D

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Date Home v Away Teams Venue Crowd Result Disposals Goals
Thu 21 Mar 7:20pm Carlton v Richmond MCG
Sat 30 Mar 4:40pm Port Adelaide v Carlton Adelaide Oval
Sat 6 Apr 1:45pm Carlton v Sydney Marvel Stadium
Sun 14 Apr 2:40pm Gold Coast v Carlton Metricon Stadium
Sun 21 Apr 1:10pm Western Bulldogs v Carlton Marvel Stadium 50/50
Sun 28 Apr 3:20pm Hawthorn v Carlton UTAS Stadium
Sun 5 May 1:10pm Carlton v North Melbourne Marvel Stadium
Sat 11 May 1:45pm Carlton v Collingwood MCG
Sun 19 May 4:40pm GWS v Carlton Showground Stadium
Sun 26 May 3:20pm St Kilda v Carlton Marvel Stadium 50/50
Sun 2 Jun 3:20pm Essendon v Carlton MCG
Sat 8 Jun 1:45pm Carlton v Brisbane Marvel Stadium
Sat 15 Jun 7:25pm Carlton v Western Bulldogs Marvel Stadium 50/50
Carlton BYE
Sun 30 Jun 3:20pm Fremantle v Carlton Optus Stadium
Sun 7 Jul 1:10pm Carlton v Melbourne MCG
Sat 13 Jul 1:45pm Sydney v Carlton SCG
Sat 20 Jul 2:10pm Carlton v Gold Coast Marvel Stadium 50/50
Sat 27 Jul 2:10pm Carlton v Adelaide MCG
Sun 4 Aug 3:20pm Carlton v West Coast Marvel Stadium
Sun 11 Aug 3:20pm Richmond v Carlton MCG
Sat 17 Aug 1:45pm Carlton v St Kilda MCG 50/50
Sun 25 Aug 12:00am Geelong v Carlton GMHBA Stadium

Five 50/50 games and probably one or two "luck" wins

Thats about ~4 wins for the season. Exciting times with the Blues. :drunk:

Reckon they’ll be 1-9 after 10 rounds. No recovering from that

Reckon they’ll be 1-9 after 10 rounds. No recovering from that
+1

Fun Facts with Grotto

Past 5 games

Carlton v Saints - Saints 4-1

Carlton v GC - GC 3-2

Carlton v Dogs - Dogs 5-0

FFS I was being generous with the 50/50 aspect of those games. Carlton are just as capable of having another 2-3 win game season.

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually this is pretty far from true

Your list for this coming season might well be considerably inferior to 2016 or 2017.

I’m not talking about in 3 or 4 years but for the campaign ahead

Compared to 16/17
Murphy is cooked
Simpson on last legs
No docherty
No wright
Kreuzer played every game both years, unlikely to be repeated in 2019

And you’ve got a coach the players know is being examined closely by the board. Does he have the players confidence?

You might be better for the future but the coming season looks bleak :D
No Gibbs is what really screwed them.
No Touhy as well

Surely GC has showed all the young draft talent poorly developed and poorly coached amounts to failure.

Carlton 3 -4 years time with no success will see the likes of Hawthorn, Sydney and everyone else pick through their list and they enter another rebuild.
The only thing stopping this is a good coach which they will be discussing in Lygon st over a latte during their bye week

No Gibbs is what really screwed them.
No Touhy as well

Surely GC has showed all the young draft talent poorly developed and poorly coached amounts to failure.

Carlton 3 -4 years time with no success will see the likes of Hawthorn, Sydney and everyone else pick through their list and they enter another rebuild.
The only thing stopping this is a good coach which they will be discussing in Lygon st over a latte during their bye week

Cripps is so WA-bound its not funny.

Carlton wont be able to keep all their Number 1 picks and the WA Clubs will sell the farm to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back