No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be surprised if the bottom 3 isn't Carlton, Saints and Gold Coast. There's no finishing order that would surprise me, but I would be surprised if any of those 3 improved and/or another side went backwards far enough for any of those 3 to climb above them.
For me it is daylight between Carlton/GC and then StKilda.

I reckon the Saints are a better side and have improved this off season, than the clear bottom two.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I will be surprised if the bottom 3 isn't Carlton, Saints and Gold Coast. There's no finishing order that would surprise me, but I would be surprised if any of those 3 improved and/or another side went backwards far enough for any of those 3 to climb above them.
The other team may have been Freo ......but they also look as if they'll improve .....6 more winning games is a lot to get to pass WB & Freo who i think will tread water

They're certainly not going to get out of the bottom 6 , where an extra 10 wins was required .......plus with the rule changes & a quicker game, the young Carlton defense (weakness) is going to be under even more pressure

1546988231153.png

The other team may have been Freo ......but they also look as if they'll improve .....6 more winning games is a lot to get to pass WB & Freo who i think will tread water

They're certainly not going to get out of the bottom 6 , where an extra 10 wins was required .......plus with the rule changes & a quicker game, the young Carlton defense (weakness) is going to be under even more pressure

View attachment 602741
Freo will be ok i reckon, hogan/lobb up forward, they've lost Neale but have some good young mids.

Freo will be ok i reckon, hogan up forward, they've lost Neale but have some good young mids.
Can't see them improving their ladder position ....see them holding with 8-9 wins .....Rucks are an issue, and like Carlton, have a potentially good midfield, but still inexperienced

The keys to Freo's season are the fitness of the Hill Brothers & Bennell, that give them a lot of speed ......but they need Logue to step up in defense this year

I'm with you on GC. Seeing it's Dew's second year which would mean if he's any chop, it's when you expect to see a fair bit of structural improvement. Considering the level they're at, and their rivals, a structural improvement would see them jump up a fair bit.

After all, structure is what gets you out of that mess at the bottom of the table.
I’m lloving seeing some optimism and confident my Suns will improve, totally different vibe around the place. What that equates to, who knows

Im confident you will roll the Blues at home. As to your away game thats another story.

Gold Coast’s recruiting has been light-years ahead of Carlton’s this off-season

Gold Coast’s recruiting has been light-years ahead of Carlton’s this off-season
The hard thing will be introducing so many new players, might take a while to gel.

But that first game against Carlton is a crucial game. They wouldn’t want to lose that.

Saints will improve. Hannebury will add leadership and Ratten should make a massive difference in the coaches box.
They get Bruce back which adds around 40 goals a year and Gresham is a genuine goal kicker plus Membrey. Billings, Stevens, Lonie, Newnes and they can kick a winning score.

Freo should kick a score, surely the likes of Walters, Mundy, Matera, Ballantyne, McCarthy improve with Hogan and Lobb up forward.

The Doggies finished off ok winning 3 of their last 4.

Suns lack class but they did bring in mature bodies and I think Dew will be much better coach than Bolton. They have some serious X factor with Rankine.

Carlton average less than 9 goals a game. Unless someone like Setterfield has a huge year to support Cripps they are 17th best for mine but hoping for B2B spoons.

Saints will improve. Hannebury will add leadership and Ratten should make a massive difference in the coaches box.
They get Bruce back which adds around 40 goals a year and Gresham is a genuine goal kicker plus Membrey. Billings, Stevens, Lonie, Newnes and they can kick a winning score.

Freo should kick a score, surely the likes of Walters, Mundy, Matera, Ballantyne, McCarthy improve with Hogan and Lobb up forward.

The Doggies finished off ok winning 3 of their last 4.

Suns lack class but they did bring in mature bodies and I think Dew will be much better coach than Bolton. They have some serious X factor with Rankine.

Carlton average less than 9 goals a game. Unless someone like Setterfield has a huge year to support Cripps they are 17th best for mine but hoping for B2B spoons.
Best carlton coach in the AFL.

I’m lloving seeing some optimism and confident my Suns will improve, totally different vibe around the place. What that equates to, who knows
You guys have a few blokes who have something to prove. I also think that Dew is much better chop than Bolton IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm mainly confident as it's the 2nd year of a coach, so it should equate to structural improvement (and structure is the magic bullet out of the wilderness you're in). Saints and Cartlon won't get better either seeing both are a mess structurally and I'm rather skeptical on Brisbane improving, they seem more mirage then substance.

So yeah, your my pick out of the bottom 4 teams to show something promising.

Edit: Saints have Rattern now, so they may improve if they're smart enough to listen to him.

God I know making ladder predictions is dodgy, and the season always provides some shock rises/falls, but I am struggling to find a way out of the bottom 3 at best for Carlton.
There’s a reason for that, that’s where they will finish.

This is where I counter your shallow analysis / assumption by making a reasoned and plausible case, based on sound footy logic, for Carlton to be able to overtake at least 3 teams in 2019.

I got nothing. :)
BoltonMar1Article.jpg

Freo are a hard team to gauge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Agree.

Imo they have suffered from having a lack of decent talk targets since Pav, which they have rectified with trades. This should mean they will be more efficient going forward & should more than offset the loss of Neale.

Can't see them improving their ladder position ....see them holding with 8-9 wins .....Rucks are an issue, and like Carlton, have a potentially good midfield, but still inexperienced

The keys to Freo's season are the fitness of the Hill Brothers & Bennell, that give them a lot of speed ......but they need Logue to step up in defense this year

Bennell's on his last chance I think, I think they'll need to get their speed from somewhere else. He needs to maintain a low profile.

Bennell's on his last chance I think, I think they'll need to get their speed from somewhere else. He needs to maintain a low profile.
Also news today that Stephen Hill is not going well ....lost a yard, and some talk in the West, we may have seen the best of him

I know you've lost 2 key players, but I thought you guys were quite valient in the early part of the year when you were constantly on the road. A sharp improvement wouldn't surprise, but I doubt that you can improve enough to get to 4th last, but I wouldn't be surprised if you end up a couple of wins ahead of the bottom 2. But, I won't be surprised if you end up bottom either. St Kilda were much worse than expected last year (sounds familiar to me), so I find them hard to judge, I thought thought they were on the up. Anyway, our death riding of Carlton results in us taking more interest in how you and the Saints are going. Honestly, I freaking love future trading. It's why I love playing skins at golf. Have a horrible opening few holes and spend all your handicap, skins gives you a reason to stand on the next tea and do your best. If we go s**t and are heading for a low finish, we've at least got other teams to barrack for and another we want to lose. We're in every hole to the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back