No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
newbie_kimber & Sanders

After some research, there is no agency that will allow peer to peer wagers in Australia (AFL) for specific best (Blues to finish bottom 2 or not). So unless you know of any that I may not be aware of, looks like this wager will be bragging rights only ;)
Sweeeet, do you want to go into business for me and make an app?

Sweeeet, do you want to go into business for me and make an app?

Strangely enough, I was surprised there wasn't an agency that had rights to do so in Australia, while others exist across the globe. There is a UK and US agency, that we have access too, but they don't cover AFL

Might be a great business opportunity. ( I will go it alone though ) :D

Just realised you can click the options in the poll and it tells you who voted for that option.

I along with the very smart individuals Coopers, Doc_, Truck25, Golumless and LongLion, voted for 2 wins.

They're not good enough to beat anyone but there will be a couple of surprise wins is my train of thought.

Last edited:
Just realised you can click the options in the poll and it tells you who voted for that option.

I along with the very smart individuals Coopers, Doc_, Truck25, Golumless and LongLion, voted for 2 wins.

They're not good enough to beat anyone but there will be a couple of surprise wins is my train of thought.

Ironically their only two wins in 2018 were a result of poor kicking for goal by the opposition.

Blues 12.7 d GC 5.14
Blues 14.7 d Dons 10.18

I think they will beat the Suns at home this year and if thats their solitary win for the year they can build on that for 2020.

I think they'll halve their games with the Saints, and yeah, one upset. Probably Essendon seeing they've given them some trouble in recent times (some is used somewhat loosely).

The problem is in Cartlon situation it is actually more difficult to get worse then better. They'll give it a good shake though, seeing jeeze, I don't rate anything they've done in the short term.

Do you mods know how to use any of the functions on here ??

I tipped Carlton to win 4 games.
Looking at their draw they'll be lucky to get the 4 wins, they will need to beat the Suns and the Saints twice:)
I'm off to book flights for round 19.

Carltons Draw;
1 Tigers MCG
2 Port Power AO
3 Swans Marvel
4 Suns Metricon
5 Dogs Marvel
6 Hawks UTAS
7 Roos Marvel
8 Pies MCG
9 Giants GWS
10 Saints Marvel
11 Dons MCG
12 Lions Marvel
13 Dogs Marvel
14 Bye
15 Freo Optus
16 Dees MCG
17 Swans SCG
18 Suns Marvel
19 Crows MCG
20 Eagles Marvel
21 Tigers MCG
22 Saints MCG
23 Cats Geelong

Looking at their draw they'll be lucky to get the 4 wins, they will need to beat the Suns and the Saints twice:)

Carltons Draw;
1 Tigers MCG
2 Port Power AO
3 Swans Marvel
4 Suns Metricon
5 Dogs Marvel
6 Hawks UTAS
7 Roos Marvel
8 Pies MCG
9 Giants GWS
10 Saints Marvel
11 Dons MCG
12 Lions Marvel
13 Dogs Marvel
14 Bye
15 Freo Optus
16 Dees MCG
17 Swans SCG
18 Suns Marvel
19 Crows MCG
20 Eagles Marvel
21 Tigers MCG
22 Saints MCG
23 Cats Geelong

R10-R13 is the important time for the Crows as to whether Carlton gives us Pick 1 and collects yet another Wooden Spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully 8 of the first 10 are beltings and they get demoralised.
Should be an entertaining year with our neighbours losing and Carlton being bashed from pillar to post.

I genuinely believe Carlton will be winless for the first 9 games. Suns should roll them at home and I would be disappointed if the Dogs similarly didnt beat them. The Dogs are not a bottom 2 Club like Carlton.

Essendon and the Lions should get it done. Bulldogs maybe not though.

Agree.

However, Dogs beat the Blues by about ~3 goals in both their games last year and have won their past 5 against them.

When I stated Carlton will win at most 4 games in 2019, I was being generous. They are starting the year off with injuries and players underdone from a lack of a preseason. We all know what that will mean for the H&A season.

Yet I doubt your club would have traded picks 8 and 13 for pick 1, nor should they have

I actually think if pick 1 cost that this year, they would have bitten the bullet. In saying that, I am with you on the multiple first round pick situation, that was my view all through trade period and thought it was weird at the time SOS wasn't serious about trading pick 1, though that was nothing on St Kilda, really thought they missed an opportunity to move pick 3 into some gold

I actually think if pick 1 cost that this year, they would have bitten the bullet. In saying that, I am with you on the multiple first round pick situation, that was my view all through trade period and thought it was weird at the time SOS wasn't serious about trading pick 1, though that was nothing on St Kilda, really thought they missed an opportunity to move pick 3 into some gold

I doubt any recruiter would have given up multiple mid 1st round picks, for a single pick in the top 5, especially this year

Assuming we have zero injuries...our SANFL side is looking stronger than Carlton's AFL side....shame they cant play each other....would be a good game for a half....before Blues give up.

Would be good for some poster on here could list our best starting SANFL side bar the starting 21 players in our team.

Carltons Draw;
1 Tigers MCG
2 Port Power AO
3 Swans Marvel
4 Suns Metricon
5 Dogs Marvel
6 Hawks UTAS
7 Roos Marvel
8 Pies MCG
9 Giants GWS
10 Saints Marvel