No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints have flogged Carlton lately
By round 10 highly likely they have Stevens and Hannebery playing and Carlton will have a few injuries and youngsters struggling.
St Kilda aren't going to miss McCartin. They got Bruce back and with Membrey and Gresham, Ratten has a forward line to work with, they will be better.
Carlton are only 1 or 2 injuries away from disaster.
Not too sure..I see carlton improving and exceeding expectations this year by winning 3 games . It really will be nose bleed territory for them

Is McCartin retiring talk genuine? I hadn't heard that. Last I heard they were thinking of trialling him as a defender.
Too many head knocks I presume?
Just a rumor on a board I was participating in .....it can't be too many more knocks B4 he does pull the plug ....maybe St Kilda also not wanting to lose another KPP, may have influenced them announcing too

Bit up in the air

I'm not sure where the Carlton supporters overconfidence comes from.

Just looking at Carltons ladder position at the end of each recent season, they would be a hard club to follow, a complete shambles of a club.

Carltons most successful recent season is back in 2013, they finished 8th, but only because Essendon were drug cheats.
In 2013 Carlton had 11 wins and 11 losses for 44 premiership points, Essendon finished below them with 14 win 8 losses and 56 points.

As Carlton supporters & Homer Simpson say, default the 2 sweetest words in the english language!

Last edited:

Just looking at Cartons ladder position at the end of each recent season, they would be a hard club to follow, a complete shambles of a club.

Carltons most successful recent season is back in 2013, they finished 8th, but only because Essendon were drug cheats.
In 2013 Carlton had 11 wins and 11 losses for 44 premiership points, Essendon finished below them with 14 win 8 losses and 56 points.

As Carlton supporters & Homer Simpson say, default the 2 sweetest words in the english language!
But when the bar is set so low, any 'green shoots' are lauded as magnificent success

Look I love to hang s**t on Carlton more than anyone but good on them for having a plan

It’s a big plan I’ll give them that
I'm with you. I get people here have a pissing contest with Carlton and want to endlessly ridicule them but I'd be happier if I were a Carlton supporter knowing what their 'objectives' are so they can be held accountable to them. Maybe they deliver, maybe they fail dismally (as recent history would suggest) but at least they've gone balls on the line for this so members can act if it proves to be nothing but spin. I mean how many people here have been whinging about the Crows lack of accountability with someone like Burton and wish that he needed to achieve something visible and measurable to retain his job?

selling hope = selling membership.

anyone can have lofty objectives. what are the strategies and plans to get there? are they feasible/realistic?
No, as they won't win a flag in 5 years.

Having strong operational plans is more important than theoretical waffle.

Knowing Saints wanted to do the same deal with us as the Carlton one, and saints injury toll mounting hard, whose 1st round pick would you prefer right now?

Will be an interesting one to monitor
It’s an educated gamble, but a gamble all the same.

Just looking at Carltons ladder position at the end of each recent season, they would be a hard club to follow, a complete shambles of a club.

Carlton now have the firepower up forward with Curnow, McKay and McGovern to catch some teams sleeping. It still probably doesn't drag them out of the bottom 4, but they'll catch a couple of teams on bad days and get a few more wins than last year because of it.

Did you see the nickname McGovern has been given at Carlton? Cripps said he is called Brackets because he wears 11, but because he is too big for the shirt it stretches and looks like Brackets () hahahaha

McGovern is a top tier talent, but that’s not going to be enough if he sticks to the see-food diet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thought i'd post this here in case anyone wants to head down to see some guys old enough to be our grandparents being paraded as carlton's latest legends haha

Pretty good concept though. I’d hope Sticks didn’t talk, but the others would be worth listening to. If I was in Adelaide I’d consider going to that.

I'm still rather confident Carlton will get the spoon. Don't underestimate how s**t they are.
Gold Coast in a canter .....Carlton have a close contest with Saints for 17th ....I'll back Carlton to finish 16th ATM

McGovern is a top tier talent, but that’s not going to be enough if he sticks to the see-food diet

Like I said at the time, had McGovern gone to Hawthorn you would have been horrified.

Would come back at us twice as bad as Gunston (who has gone on to had a bloody good career).

Thankfully he went to a basket case.

As much as I want to see Carlton crash and burn just for the giggles, I think we need to temper the expectations. Right now St. Kilda would be red hot favourite to finish bottom. They are completely buggered. It might just depend on how quickly they change coach. If they sack Richardson and get that new coach boost, it might get them a win or two. Otherwise they are bottom. Gold Coast are SANFL level and so will be bottom 2. Carlton and Fremantle are probably the next in line.

For mine, if Carlton finish bottom 4 I'm happy with the deal. That level talent in our program is going to be amazing.

Also, if I'm Fagan, I've already spoken to Richardson's manager and told them that if he is sacked, we immediately want him as a coach. We will create a position for him. I think he's a great assistant coach and would help provide some real experience. He will be sought after, so get in early!

As much as I want to see Carlton crash and burn just for the giggles, I think we need to temper the expectations. Right now St. Kilda would be red hot favourite to finish bottom. They are completely buggered. It might just depend on how quickly they change coach. If they sack Richardson and get that new coach boost, it might get them a win or two. Otherwise they are bottom. Gold Coast are SANFL level and so will be bottom 2. Carlton and Fremantle are probably the next in line.

For mine, if Carlton finish bottom 4 I'm happy with the deal. That level talent in our program is going to be amazing.

Also, if I'm Fagan, I've already spoken to Richardson's manager and told them that if he is sacked, we immediately want him as a coach. We will create a position for him. I think he's a great assistant coach and would help provide some real experience. He will be sought after, so get in early!

Why would the saints be red hot favourites? They still have a better list of players than Carlton and Gold Coast.

The midfield that the saints have is leaps and bounds above those 2 teams

Why would the saints be red hot favourites? They still have a better list of players than Carlton and Gold Coast.

The midfield that the saints have is leaps and bounds above those 2 teams
Is that the midfield the Saints have on paper or the one that will actually take the field?

Is that the midfield the Saints have on paper or the one that will actually take the field?
St Kilda added Hannebery to their midfield. Carlton added no-one of any real significance.

Given how bad Carlton were last year, the only way they are better than St Kilda this year is if their kids improve dramatically. Simpson and Murphy are on the wrong side of 30 (with Kreuzer to join them in May) and are on the way down.

I would think it is better now even with the injuries at the moment

Cripps, Fisher, Dow, Ed Curnow, Walsh, SPS, Thomas

Ross, Steele, Gresham, Dunstan, Acres, Armitage, newnes

That might be the mids in the teams in round 1, I’d take St Kildas mids. Then when you throw in Hannebery and Steven (who might still play in round 1) compared to Kennedy and Lang then it’s heavily in favour of the saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back