No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
It's true alright.
I thought it must have been a Crows troll

Ok then. Wow.

I thought when they got Robert Walls back involved that it was the best example of self-sabotage ever but this is next level

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I thought it must have been a Crows troll

Ok then. Wow.

I thought when they got Robert Walls back involved that it was the best example of self-sabotage ever but this is next level
Just wait, where there’s a Dawson there’s usually a Lyon.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Just wait, where there’s a Dawson there’s usually a Lyon.
It's and obvious ploy to have Dawson going in early to pave the way for Lyon .. Bolton will make it just after the halfway point, a caretaker will be inserted when he's sacked. Lyon takes over at the end of the season

VictorianCrow85

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Malthouse predicting 9 or 10 wins for Carlton ..... I agree with 5 or 6 ....these experts never look at a clubs depth though to cover injuries & assume it's a best 22 playing every week

Lol I still remember Malthouse claiming Carlton were about to enter their premiership window when he was coaching. What followed was the beginning of their total collapse. The guy is pretty clueless because he lets his bias or grudges dictate his line of thought over what's realistic.

Malthouse predicting 9 or 10 wins for Carlton ..... I agree with 5 or 6 ....these experts never look at a clubs depth though to cover injuries & assume it's a best 22 playing every week

Someone's desperate for attention saying Carlton will win 9-10 games.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Lol I still remember Malthouse claiming Carlton were about to enter their premiership window when he was coaching. What followed was the beginning of their total collapse. The guy is pretty clueless because he lets his bias or grudges dictate his line of thought over what's realistic.
So we know Malthouse has his finger on the pulse :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These experts make predictions based on Best 22 playing all year ......Carlton have no depth at all

3 more key injuries and they're cooked

Even if you are basing off Carltons best 22, you need to either be desperate for attention, or on some serious drugs to even contemplate them winning 9-10 games this year. That simply isn't happening.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Even if you are basing off Carltons best 22, you need to either be desperate for attention, or on some serious drugs to even contemplate them winning 9-10 games this year. That simply isn't happening.
IMO 6 to 7 games at the absolute best ......but 5 the more likely

IMO 6 to 7 games at the absolute best ......but 5 the more likely

3-4 is my most likely mark, and that's still a rather big improvement from 2018 Carlton.

A few injuries, a lot of modified programs over the preseason, and really this is a side that hasn't got anything working to begin with.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
3-4 is my most likely mark, and that's still a rather big improvement from 2018 Carlton.

A few injuries, a lot of modified programs over the preseason, and really this is a side that hasn't got anything working to begin with.
Carlton have a good list ....FWD line is good, Midfield has a Superstar and 3 what will be excellent mids .......it's their DEF that is the weak link, and with the new rules, the DEF will be under real pressure

Are they as bad as 3-4 ? ......if Kruezer can't get on the park ? .....god forbid something happens to Cripps

I'd put Carlton, Freo, and St Kilda in the same discussion

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Carlton have a good list ....FWD line is good, Midfield has a Superstar and 3 what will be excellent mids .......it's their DEF that is the weak link, and with the new rules, the DEF will be under real pressure

Are they as bad as 3-4 ? ......if Kruezer can't get on the park ? .....god forbid something happens to Cripps

A good list? They're full of kids with potential, a few old hands still getting the job done, with 1 star (Cripps) and 1 potential star (Curnow). Still a lot to actually be proven though.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
A good list? They're full of kids with potential, a few old hands still getting the job done, with 1 star (Cripps) and 1 potential star (Curnow). Still a lot to actually be proven though.
Dow, SPS will be stars ....Zac Fisher will have a good 2019

Caleb Marchbank was considered equal to Lever in his Draft Year ....big year for Weitering

I agree a lot of IF's .....but a basket case of a list ...no-way

Before I mention anything - list strength/player quality doesn't have a large impact on results, if it did, we'd be sitting in the middle of a GWS dynasty seeing no club is even close to them talent wise. Coaches are the most important piece, and Carlton have quite possibly the worst coach in the league which brings any prediction down heavily.

Cripps is a superstar, but Carlton can't use him effectively at all seeing they don't have the pieces around him (and Cripps, like the vast majority of inside midfielders is completely reliant on what is around him to be truly impacting the game). The rest is just kids who have potential but are in a bad situation development wise seeing how much is relied on them at a young age, or plodders. Forward line is alright, but for a struggling side, that runs the risk of being completely nullified by their midfield and defense being rather puss so it's not a great asset to have in their situation.

Right now, I'd expect them to be a 3-4 win side. If they sacked Bolton in the off season, I could probably be persuaded for a 5-7 win season.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dow, SPS will be stars ....Zac Fisher will have a good 2019

Caleb Marchbank was considered equal to Lever in his Draft Year ....big year for Weitering

I agree a lot of IF's .....but a basket case of a list ...no-way
They have the potential to be. None of those you named have done anywhere near enough to suggest that is guaranteed.

There are plenty of potential guns that haven't lived up to the hype.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Before I mention anything - list strength/player quality doesn't have a large impact on results, if it did, we'd be sitting in the middle of a GWS dynasty seeing no club is even close to them talent wise. Coaches are the most important piece, and Carlton have quite possibly the worst coach in the league which brings any prediction down heavily.

Cripps is a superstar, but Carlton can't use him effectively at all seeing they don't have the pieces around him (and Cripps, like the vast majority of inside midfielders is completely reliant on what is around him to be truly impacting the game). The rest is just kids who have potential but are in a bad situation development wise seeing how much is relied on them at a young age, or plodders. Forward line is alright, but for a struggling side, that runs the risk of being completely nullified by their midfield and defense being rather puss so it's not a great asset to have in their situation.

Right now, I'd expect them to be a 3-4 win side. If they sacked Bolton in the off season, I could probably be persuaded for a 5-7 win season.
This is true ....but I said that upon his appointment & was told I was too negative .....Alpha Males are the best Coach's

Cripps brings all the other midfielders into play ....take him out & they're rudderless

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
They have the potential to be. None of those you named have done anywhere near enough to suggest that is guaranteed.

There are plenty of potential guns that haven't lived up to the hype.
True ....and I don't think this is their breakout year .....but they "should" be improving with that list ...."should" !

This is true ....but I said that upon his appointment & was told I was too negative .....Alpha Males are the best Coach's

Cripps brings all the other midfielders into play ....take him out & they're rudderless

Being an alpha, a beta etc has no relevance whatsoever. In fact, you could give Bolton some credit for improving Carlton early on in the piece of his coaching run.

However, the first hurdle is when teams begin to adapt to your initial changes, the excitement of a new coach wears off, and you need to develop a game plan further. Something which Bolton has failed horribly. They're rudderless with Cripps there.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Being an alpha, a beta etc has no relevance whatsoever. In fact, you could give Bolton some credit for improving Carlton early on in the piece of his coaching run.

However, the first hurdle is when teams begin to adapt to your initial changes, the excitement of a new coach wears off, and you need to develop a game plan further. Something which Bolton has failed horribly. They're rudderless with Cripps there.
Disagree on this point .....history shows the type of leaders they follow in the trenches with ...in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back