No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree on this point .....history shows the type of leaders they follow in the trenches with ...in general

Are the coaches on the field? That kind of leadership is needed primarily from the captain and the LG.

The coach is primarily there to implement a working game plan, and structures.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Dow, SPS will be stars ....Zac Fisher will have a good 2019

Caleb Marchbank was considered equal to Lever in his Draft Year ....big year for Weitering

I agree a lot of IF's .....but a basket case of a list ...no-way
I'll bow to your better judgement re Petrevski-Seton if he turns out to be a "star". At this point given he was one of the oldest draftees in his draft year and the wraps placed on him at the time I think he's been a tad disappointing to now. Really needs to step up in 2019.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I'll bow to your better judgement re Petrevski-Seton if he turns out to be a "star". At this point given he was one of the oldest draftees in his draft year and the wraps placed on him at the time I think he's been a tad disappointing to now. Really needs to step up in 2019.
Unfortunately this is what happens to many great juniors who end up at clubs in disarray .....they're played B4 their time, and don't have the role models around them

Would Atkins have flourshed at Carlton ....I'm confident he would have been delisted

Wow!

The Kool-Aid is being overdosed on over on the Blooz board for a loss in the JLT against a Collingwood side going at half rat power and more interested in not getting injured.

Wow!

The Kool-Aid is being overdosed on over on the Blooz board for a loss in the JLT against a Collingwood side going at half rat power and more interested in not getting injured.
I would've thought Carlton fans would've learned about how being March premiers doesn't translate to regular season form.

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Their recruits and so called young talent is about to be tested

This years recruits in JLT 2
Setterfield looked way of the pace
McGovern looked woeful for most of the match
Newman looked like an amateur
It will be interesting to see how Fasolo goes

They combined for a 124 fantasy points in a JLT game.

Last years recruits
Kennedy in the two's
Lang injured
Lobbe can't get a game

The real issue I see for them is Walsh looks like he will go past Dow, Cunningham, Fisher, SPS and O'Brien very quickly based on his first two JLT games.

Simpson their leading disposal winner should sound alarm bells

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Their recruits and so called young talent is about to be tested

This years recruits in JLT 2
Setterfield looked way of the pace
McGovern looked woeful for most of the match
Newman looked like an amateur
It will be interesting to see how Fasolo goes

They combined for a 124 fantasy points in a JLT game.

Last years recruits
Kennedy in the two's
Lang injured
Lobbe can't get a game

The real issue I see for them is Walsh looks like he will go past Dow, Cunningham, Fisher, SPS and O'Brien very quickly based on his first two JLT games.

Simpson their leading disposal winner should sound alarm bells
Didn't Pyke challenge McGovern to do more with his preparation in a very "robust" end of year interview so he decided it's best for his career to leave? It will be interesting tracking his career at a club like Carlton.....I have a feeling he will be dropped a few times this year at a club that will struggle with wins.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
If Stocker was the big bodied midfielder who was ready to go and worth trading up for... why didn’t he play a JLT match?
From memory he didn't test at the draft combine due to nursing a shoulder injury that he carried through the TAC Cup finals but did contest a specially arranged 2km run for the lads that couldn't test at the Combine the week before the draft. He has ? over his endurance at this point I'd say going on the results of that run and likely the reason he's been held back. I remember him mentioning at his Morrish Medal acceptance speech admitting his endurance was a work in progress. He CAN play.

Tom Berry 6min 36s
Zak Butters 6.37
James Rowbottom 6.38
Jye Caldwell 6.48
Jai Nanscawen 6.51
Angus Hanrahan 6.56
Liam Stocker 6.56

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
From memory he didn't test at the draft combine due to nursing a shoulder injury that he carried through the TAC Cup finals but did contest a specially arranged 2km run for the lads that couldn't test at the Combine the week before the draft. He has ? over his endurance at this point I'd say going on the results of that run and likely the reason he's been held back. I remember him mentioning at his Morrish Medal acceptance speech admitting his endurance was a work in progress. He CAN play.

Tom Berry 6min 36s
Zak Butters 6.37
James Rowbottom 6.38
Jye Caldwell 6.48
Jai Nanscawen 6.51
Angus Hanrahan 6.56
Liam Stocker 6.56
He is “learning team defence” in the reserves

"We've been training him down back in the VFL at the moment, but he's learning team defence. The under-18s don't often play that way and it takes a little bit of time to come to terms with it.
"But he's got a really powerful kick and he's really physical in the contest. Those two ingredients we like, but now he's just learning team defence."

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-03-07/bolton-preaches-patience-with-stocker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
He is “learning team defence” in the reserves

"We've been training him down back in the VFL at the moment, but he's learning team defence. The under-18s don't often play that way and it takes a little bit of time to come to terms with it.
"But he's got a really powerful kick and he's really physical in the contest. Those two ingredients we like, but now he's just learning team defence."

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-03-07/bolton-preaches-patience-with-stocker
So he has low footy IQ then? Because Sam Walsh hasn't been held back so he can "learn team defence".

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Tom Berry 6min 36s
Zak Butters 6.37
James Rowbottom 6.38
Jye Caldwell 6.48
Jai Nanscawen 6.51
Angus Hanrahan 6.56
Liam Stocker 6.56

His time was similar to Rayners around 7.50m. Apparently he got it under 7m this year.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Tom Berry 6min 36s
Zak Butters 6.37
James Rowbottom 6.38
Jye Caldwell 6.48
Jai Nanscawen 6.51
Angus Hanrahan 6.56
Liam Stocker 6.56
Any excuse to get Berry's in ;)

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So he has low footy IQ then? Because Sam Walsh hasn't been held back so he can "learn team defence".
Yeah that's utter bullshit, Stocker has a very well developed game already....on what I've seen up close he's an inside bull midfielder with nice skills and average pace, to be worth what they gave up he won't be playing defence.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
I don't get it ???

I was suggesting, like the clip from the movie (where the attacker whom is making prank calls is in the house),
Your calls to allow Carlton supporters back now is also an attack from within.
I reckon open it up a couple of days before not 2 weeks. Those Carlton supporters are unbearable.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I was suggesting, like the clip from the movie (where the attacker whom is making prank calls is in the house),
Your calls to allow Carlton supporters back now is also an attack from within.
I reckon open it up a couple of days before not 2 weeks. Those Carlton supporters are unbearable.
Lol ok. I just wanted to see some false bravado before the season proper. You're right though, 2 weeks would have been far too long. I was probably just in a generous mood at the time.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah that's utter bullshit, Stocker has a very well developed game already....on what I've seen up close he's an inside bull midfielder with nice skills and average pace, to be worth what they gave up he won't be playing defence.
Like a Scott Thompson type?

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
He is a midfielder

And yet Bolton said “We've been training him down back in the VFL at the moment, but he's learning team defence.”

Doubt it’s a footy IQ issue. In that case he would play midfield in the VFL and figure it out.

More likely a perceived attitude issue, unwillingness to chase his opponent, something like that. “How about you play defence for a while and see what it feels like, mate”

Either that or it’s the Brendan Bolton random player position generator. Maybe Weitering to midfield at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back