Opinion Douglas Bump - Fair or not? Leadership or silly act?

What did you make of Douglas's bump on Merrett?

• Nothing to worry about - 0 matches off

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • Some concerns - probably 1 week off

Votes: 23 26.7%
  • Think he's in trouble - likely 2 weeks off

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Regardless of any penalties, proud of Douglas for showing some mongrel!

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Regardless of any penalties, I think he should have tackled instead of the bump!

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Sep 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
in this day and age i thought he was probably farked because he clearly ran past the ball - never helps your defence.

that and ******* ling was commentating. wasnt that ******* supposed to be some s**t hot coach in the making material at one stage? for the love of god someone give the dickhead a gig so we dont have to be tortured with his drivel every fuking game.

EDIT: oohhhh... good exercise on what gets through the swear filter there!

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Look at the other angle to your picture their daylight between arm and head.

20180324_160330.png

Try that angle then

dplggr47

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
So hurting a player with a legitimate bump is a ban now? WTF?
On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Unfortunately MRP outcomes are weighted heavily on outcome, so the only way he could've got off is if he had no other choice (than to bump) or if it was completely accidental. I expected this outcome. Then again, it could've easily gone the other way.

Big Gazoongas

Cancelled
May 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Suck it up pal, Douglas cracked it because Merrett made him look like a goose, he then hardly touched it for the rest of the game.

That's not the argument here though is it.
You're the clown that posted a side on view to support he was hit high.

So just to make it clear so that uneducated fools like you don't get confused, Douglas will go for the fact Merrett is concussed.

My reply to you was that you couldn't have posted a worse angle to support the notion he got him high, that's not to say Merrett wasn't hit high.

Is that simple enough for you??? so to help you out further post a shot of the incident front on. That may support your view rather than the shot you posted.

Do you need any more assistance??

Last edited:

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
Suck it up pal, Douglas cracked it because Merrett made him look like a goose, he then hardly touched it for the rest of the game.
Just as you are making yourself look like a goose. From what I saw if that bump was illegal then the bump may as well be banned from the game. Everyone talked about the blood coming from Merrett's nose but that was due to incidental contact from Douglas's arm.

Lets see how the year unfolds. If there is consistenacy then I will suck it up but I bet there will continue to be contenous outcomes.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
To everyone who abused me for saying he was ****ed in the game day thread... told ya.

We must appeal & display large screen shots of the incident to show there was no contract to the head.

Also, important that the appeals tribunal are made aware that Merrett had 2 recent concussions in preseason, making it easy to be reconcussed.

If this isn't overturned then the bump is officially dead.

Back