Universal Love Down Memory Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that Tommy Alvin chatting with Geoff Southby.
Surely it is ?
32627142967_a950013eff_c.jpg

It certainly is.

Is that Tommy Alvin chatting with Geoff Southby.
Surely it is ?
32627142967_a950013eff_c.jpg

I still remember when Tommy Alvin got tackled by the pony tail against the Swans at the SCG in about 1986. As Tommy’s head snapped back, the umpire paid holding the ball. It still ranks as the worst decision I’ve ever seen (and that’s saying something).

There’s an AFL legend in this photo and it’s not Robbo (middle row extreme left). Can you spot him?

This was a match between two junior leagues played at Arden Street. Northern Districts Football League v Essendon Districts Football. Fair to say we kicked some ass that day.
529DAB12-7607-48AF-B3A1-3D0177DC4C56.jpeg

There’s an AFL legend in this photo and it’s not Robbo (middle row extreme left). Can you spot him?

This was a match between two junior leagues played at Arden Street. Northern Districts Football League v Essendon Districts Football. Fair to say we kicked some ass that day.
View attachment 657859
Wayne Harmes middle row 2nd from right.

View attachment 657859

Is it the s**t sibling of Harry in the middle of the front row?

Last edited:
Robbo looking all Barry Humphries

Is it the s**t sibling of Harry in the middle of the front row?
I’m not enamoured to the Barry Humphries reference BlueGum. He’s a bit persona non grata and rightfully so. Yes it is Simon in the front row. He was 15 and 6’5”. Pretty handy late inclusion. Two years later he was playing in the VFL.

There are other notables in this photo in this photo including Colin Seery who played VFL footy and then became an administrator at the Sydney Swans (sitting extreme right).

Robbo played on the wing that day and was Walshesque (just to give you an idea of my playing style;)).

The medal winner is extreme right (in a jumper not dressing gown). I was robbed!

The one beside himcould be Arnold Breidis.
Doesn't look like Arnold.

Too skinny.

I could be wrong
Your not wrong Aph. Arnie was about 18 months older and would have been closing in on the start of his career at Norf.

RobR. You keep picking ex-teammates. I played footy with Arnie and still dropped into Breidis-Zantuck many years later to have a chat and get cheap footy boots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your not wrong Aph. Arnie was about 18 months older and would have been closing in on the start of his career at Norf.

RobR. You keep picking ex-teammates. I played footy with Arnie and still dropped into Breidis-Zantuck many years later to have a chat and get cheap footy boots.

Same school as Arnold at Princes Hill High but he was a couple of years ahead of me at the time. ;)

I’m not enamoured to the Barry Humphries reference BlueGum. He’s a bit persona non grata and rightfully so. Yes it is Simon in the front row. He was 15 and 6’5”. Pretty handy late inclusion. Two years later he was playing in the VFL.

There are other notables in this photo in this photo including Colin Seery who played VFL footy and then became an administrator at the Sydney Swans (sitting extreme right).

Robbo played on the wing that day and was Walshesque (just to give you an idea of my playing style;)).

The medal winner is extreme right (in a jumper not dressing gown). I was robbed!
Sorry Robbo. I had completely missed his arseholery. Comment deleted.

I still remember when Tommy Alvin got tackled by the pony tail against the Swans at the SCG in about 1986. As Tommy’s head snapped back, the umpire paid holding the ball. It still ranks as the worst decision I’ve ever seen (and that’s saying something).

Remember that one, it was certainly a terrible decision, a free kick should have been paid to Alvin. Swans player should have been reported.

View attachment 657859
Some wonderful hairstyles happening, particularly bottom row, 2nd from the left.

Some wonderful hairstyles happening, particularly bottom row, 2nd from the left.
That’s the captain. I only have two team mates in this team and you’ve picked out the other one. He went on to captain Norf’s U19 Premiership team in 1976 (I think).

I thought you might have recognised the guy in the front row second from the right. Yes it’s Bruce Puxley.

That’s the captain. I only have two team mates in this team and you’ve picked out the other one. He went on to captain Norf’s U19 Premiership team in 1976 (I think).

I thought you might have recognised the guy in the front row second from the right. Yes it’s Bruce Puxley.
Had to look closely to see that he was a Puxley. His 2 younger brothers that I knew, Craig & David had shorter hair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back