Universal Love Down Memory Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo has had a lot on his plate in recent times and has cut his posting to match the output of the Prime Minimal.

However I’m pretty excited about what I found today hiding in a dark recess at my brother-in-law’s place.
View attachment 777906
View attachment 777907
I thought these gems had been lost. I’m rapt to have found them again. I reckon my mum purchased them but they ended up at my sister’s place after she passed. Now I’ve lost them all but listening to these recordings will bring back the happy memories that we shared.

And, as we all know, “3KZ is football”.

Those are brilliant. Would be amazing to listen to now

Robbo has had a lot on his plate in recent times and has cut his posting to match the output of the Prime Minimal.

However I’m pretty excited about what I found today hiding in a dark recess at my brother-in-law’s place.
View attachment 777906
View attachment 777907
I thought these gems had been lost. I’m rapt to have found them again. I reckon my mum purchased them but they ended up at my sister’s place after she passed. Now I’ve lost them all but listening to these recordings will bring back the happy memories that we shared.

And, as we all know, “3KZ is football”.

PLEASE convert these to digital!
(Then make them available to us old tragics)

I miss listening to The Captain The Major and Laurie Sandilands on a Saturday arvo.

The worst coverage was when our game was on 3DB. “A great piece of play running through the middle heading towards goal” then, “Racing at Doomben” and off the coverage would go to the horses. So frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst coverage was when our game was on 3DB. “A great piece of play running through the middle heading towards goal” then, “Racing at Doomben” and off the coverage would go to the horses. So frustrating.
I s**t you not, when living and working in the barossa in the mid eighties, I was hooked into a game on a very flaky broadcast of us storming home over the top of hawthorn, when the abc decided to cut to coverage of the under 16 waikerie netball finals.....as I said, I s**t you not...fun times.........I went berserk

Last edited:

The worst for me was when our games at KP were covered by 3GL. Could never get clear coverage back in Brunswick.

I s**t you not, when living and working in the barossa in the mid eighties, I was hooked into a game on a very flaky broadcast of us storming home over the top of hawthorn, when the abc decided to cut to coverage of the under 16 waikerie netball finals...........as I said, I s**t you not..............fun times.........
That story I believe to be 1000% accurate.

My buddy used to be a mad horse racing fan when he was in his teens, used to go along with his uncle, and have the radio locked onto 3UZ.

When man first stepped onto the moon, all of the radio stations took the live broadcast coming through from NASA....him and his uncle were listening to it on 3UZ....story has it, again I s**t you not, the broadcast went like this...."one small step for man, one giant leap....racing Manangatang..."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back