Universal Love Down Memory Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't recall. Someone doing a series of interviews of past players. I heard Kenny Hunter as well. Broke his jaw 3 times in his first season of senior footy.
Peter Donegan. Great stuff. There'll be a podcast of it eventually.

I'm not sure it was PD. It was a while back. I know Rex Hunt was doing a series somewhere.
Might be a few such interviews. The Dominator was def chatting with Donegan yesterday though. Went for ages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always wondered what happened after he was in hospital middle of last year.
Listening now to find out.

https://webplayer.whooshkaa.com/player/playlist/show/10389
pulled up at home halfway through tonight and couldn't get out of the car - sat there for another 30 minutes rivetted - he was talking my footy life.......

ps: only footy can do that to me, way more powerful, compelling and impressive than some stupid ******* petri dish escapee..........

Last edited:
Those highlights..Swans were still called Sth.Melb by commentators even though they moved to Sydney that year (1982).
First few years of relocation was still experimental in what to call them. I remember there was a period where they were just listed as "The Swans" too.
Probably 1986 when they started being called more and more often as Sydney Swans. Baby steps at first...
Man, that 12 goal opening quarter was something. Not sure if we ever scored 13 goals in a quarter in my time of watching but the 11 goals in a quarter against Hawks in Qualifying Final was some of best team work you will see against another top side itself. The other video has that. Hopefully these people that upload them to youtube continue to find gems like these.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back