Computers & Internet Downloading crackdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe they could've nipped Lubitz in the bud, although it's an unsettling thought.
Maybe, but then again maybe not. More terrifying is the idea this would involve potential sharing of information between private corporations (employer) and the state, though much of the metadat collection and analysis is done by security contractors

...and whack.

seo-marketing.jpg

"Does anyone seriously believe that this scheme won't be expanded in the future to cover more categories of content? Of course it will. It has scope creep absolutely built into it. It is lazy, and it is dangerous,"
-Senator Scott Ludlam.

Sums it up perfectly. This country is ****ed.

"Does anyone seriously believe that this scheme won't be expanded in the future to cover more categories of content? Of course it will. It has scope creep absolutely built into it. It is lazy, and it is dangerous,"
-Senator Scott Ludlam.

Sums it up perfectly. This country is stuffed.
I didn't need a change is ISP legislation to know that this country is stuffed, it's been stuffed for a very long time.

You should be using a VPN anyway.

With the new metadata laws, my advice would be VPN, and for an extra layer of security use onion browser or ssh tunneling app for mobile devices when web browsing. Restrict searches to startpage and install ghostery to block cookies and trackers if you use firefox/ chrome.

I dont get how the VPN actually works. Why cant your ISP see the IP address you've changed to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without reading an article i don't know much but can someone give a quick explanation on whats going to happen ?

Rights holders can apply to have sites blocked
Sites will move/ people will get vpn's
Nothing will change

What's a VPN ?

Virtual private network

Essentially it changes your computers address so it looks like you are from somewhere else effectively circumventing any block. These kinds of laws have never worked anywhere else and they won't work here

Will proxy servers located in other countries do the job?

For example, point your browser to amproxy server in South America
Browse to the torrent site
download the torrent
Load torrent file in torrent program
Turnoff proxy in browser

Torrent does the rest of downloading which isn't block able as you are downloading from peers

?????

download the torrent
Turnoff proxy in browser

Torrent does the rest of downloading which isn't block able as you are downloading from peers

?????
Proxies and VPNs both can spoof your location to circumvent geoblocks. VPNs however are encrypted, so your ISP (and the government, if they get the ISP logs) can only see that you've connected to the VPN. Proxies don't do this.

download the torrent
Turnoff proxy in browser

?????

Yes

download the torrent
Turnoff proxy in browser

?????

if we're just talking about the recent legislative framework then yes, i believe a proxy will work just fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back