Position DPP changes mid season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And here’s me hoping he does that for Bont so he stays a pod and non dpp

Added dpps are great but everyone is going to end up with teams that are so similar
I like it but hate it at the same time
It’s making the game easier for the average punter which is why it’s been hard to gain substantial rank ground all year
Yeah exactly. I like supercoach for thought and decision making about selections based on their roles. Because forwards don’t usually score much that’s typically where it happens most. With all the DPP now it’s just grab whatever midfielder became forward eligible. Okay Parker is forward now get him. Okay Bont is forward get him. Okay Smith is forward get him. Of course there is still some strategies and processing involved like do I get Smith now and get ahead of people? But it just seems like everyone is going to have the exact same forward line after the byes. Not really getting rewarded at all for doing any research to get ahead of others.

I just think this is getting to point of ridiculousness with these DPP additions. I mean pretty soon everyone is just going to have almost 6 Dog mids as their forwards. Dunkley, Bont, Smith, English and can throw in Treloar and Libba. I guess it adds a bit more spice to the game but is it even a forward line at that point. I know for a long time everyone just chooses forwards that play more mid but I don't know it's just going to far for me.

Guess it does really show how stacked the Dogs are for mids and how they've struggled for forward options this year.
It's not without risk though, if covid goes through them in the last month when we're all down to 1-2 trades some teams will be cooked.

Yeah exactly. I like supercoach for thought and decision making about selections based on their roles. Because forwards don’t usually score much that’s typically where it happens most. With all the DPP now it’s just grab whatever midfielder became forward eligible. Okay Parker is forward now get him. Okay Bont is forward get him. Okay Smith is forward get him. Of course there is still some strategies and processing involved like do I get Smith now and get ahead of people? But it just seems like everyone is going to have the exact same forward line after the byes. Not really getting rewarded at all for doing any research to get ahead of others.
Agreed, it feels like there is less variety in teams this year, and DPP changes won't help that.

Agreed, it feels like there is less variety in teams this year, and DPP changes won't help that.
A large part of the issue is we have so much extra cash (with strong midprices, extra trades and trade boosts), that we can pretty much get the top 6 on every line fairly easily, we won't need to run with budget options of D6/M8/F6 like in the past (like running Daicos at D6 for example), and there's a lot less options at the top of each line than the next level below

There's probably 12 Mids, 8-9 Defenders, 6-7 Forwards that will be in everyone's team by after the byes, Steele/Hall going down makes it even more linear

How much they have to play by average in position to get DPP if they play 1 game or 2 games;
Bont 19/27
Gawn 98/66.5
Marshall 75/55
McComb -53/-9
Short 143/89
Cameron -53/-9
Smith 19/27
Hobbs -150/57.5
Mitchell 107/71
Rozee -91/-28
Danger 126/80.5

(Log in to remove this ad.)