Discussion DPP watch

May 16, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
I have planned to trade in Petracca this whole time, but now it looks like he might not get DPP so will go Walsh instead. Is there a chance Petracca plays more forward from now on to boost it back up? I think Walsh's role is pretty set in that half-forward into midfield role, they had him doing that last season as well.

Cobba268

Rookie
Apr 30, 2022
AFL Club
Carlton
Dylan Shiel forward status?

So Gawn and Walsh need about 30% forward over the next three weeks to get it.
Would have been nice if Walsh came back and scores a few 80s and 90s. Hasn't missed a beat.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Melbourne Round 9 ruck contests - Manbundy 47, Maximus Gawnicus 44
Melbourne Round 9 CBA's - Manbundy 58%, Maximus Gawnicus 42%

Looking promising for Gawn DPP

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

dabombers

Team Captain
Feb 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Walsh going to get forward status?
Hope so. Brought him in this week.
Either finishes off midfield for a bit with Setterfield and Ashcroft @ F7/F8 til bye upgrades.
I have completed Def line with Ginbey @ D6 til bye.
And left room for 3 Fwd upgrades R15 which would be Gawn & Petracca and a third player ??? Not sure who yet maybe double ruck with Cameron.

All plans were made weeks ago based off of future DPP percentage chances.
Though have to wait until after R14 as team is stuggling to field 17 players incl. rookies.

Might be a 2 weeks of sideway trades or fix up team trades.
Hoping to get some differential FWDS coming from another direction to teams who have completed lines there. Hope they dont sideways to my plan then its back to looking at less than 3% players.

dabombers

Team Captain
Feb 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Well can only afford so many. I guess a cut price Neale and Touk etc.. will help fill out a few midfields.
maybe this year isn’t the year for real standout mid premo’s. Or the real premos haven’t shown their cards yet. Why are some of the top 10 mids lower scores against the bottom teams??
Also has CD altered the algorithm just a little with more emphasis on effectiveness, scores and score assists and metres gained vs CP’s and CL’s along with negative ratios for turnovers or clangers especially if they result in opposition scores.

There are 3 types of players in my books. Game winners or champs,
Position Kings and Swingmen or get a job do a job players.
The first two are ya uber premo’s the third are ya risk/reward types as their std dev on scores from one week to next can go from 140+ (I’m gonna get that guy this round) to 50’s (why did I get that guy)
My team has only slightly changed from preseasons plan based off of last years averages, mainly due to injuries or prices.
But from now on it is either go with the pack or take some 3% ownership risks.
Maybe a bit of both.

Weddle must be close to getting Def/mid which will be very handy given his JS and growing value.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm pretty sure it goes by the position they start in and he never started in the midfield today from a centre bounce

Back