Current Dr Ash Gordon - death in apparent home invasion

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This one is obviously very sad. A young Victorian doctor killed apparently after confronting burglars. It seems he might have pursued them then been hit by their car.

Second death of a doctor in a home invasion in recent times. Obviously brave to pursue the alleged invaders but a major risk as well.

No one caught yet but one senses it is only a matter of time.

A reminder that it's never worth pursuing these individuals. If they leave, stay inside, call the police and let them do their jobs. None of your possessions are worth your life.

You wonder how much of this stuff (without the deaths) is happening and not getting reported on. Must be heaps of crims targetting rich suburbs. Can't be that unlucky having two isolated incidents like this, surely.
Probably a bit.

It’s probably notable because someone died and he happened to be a doctor. The fact two doctors have died this way is probably just consistent with nice areas being targeted.

It’s appalling and in both cases I hope the book gets thrown at them.

What a tragic loss of life. Hope these cowards are captured pronto.

Why did he get out of the car and get involved in a fight? Doesn’t make sense to me.

I drove past the street as they were loading his car up onto the truck to take it away.

Cops everywhere but had no idea at the time what it was about.

Time to bring back the death penalty.

Might not reduce crime but it will take these maggots out of society for good.

Time for the crims to start living in fear rather than the regular decent people.

What a tragic loss of life. Hope these cowards are captured pronto.

Why did he get out of the car and get involved in a fight? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Perhaps being a Dr and they had his laptop with a lot of people's personal information on it he wanted that item back more than anything.

Easy to say from afar.

He could have been worried they'd come back, or they threatened his partner, any number of things.

Nobody knows how they would react in that situation.

Calling the cops and making an effort to barricade yourself and anyone else in the house is still safer than pursuing them and not just for yourself. In WA we have someone currently before the courts for pursuing two people who stole their vehicle, who died fleeing.

I'm not attacking the victim, just trying to encourage anyone unfortunate enough to find themselves in this situation to remember the safest course of action is to let them go. Retail workers (and bank staff) get taught the same thing in the event of a robbery.

Calling the cops and making an effort to barricade yourself and anyone else in the house is still safer than pursuing them and not just for yourself. In WA we have someone currently before the courts for pursuing two people who stole their vehicle, who died fleeing.

I'm not attacking the victim, just trying to encourage anyone unfortunate enough to find themselves in this situation to remember the safest course of action is to let them go. Retail workers (and bank staff) get taught the same thing in the event of a robbery.

I get what you're saying of course.

I'm prob just more sensitive as I met the guy only a week ago.

What odds do you want to give me? - Perps are youth crims (or have been), likely involved in certain gangs. Have a shopping list of previous offences including motor vehicle theft, assault and burglary, and despite being in and out of court have had not spent any real time locked up.

People can say that prison is neither a deterrent not an effective rehabilitation strategy, but at least if they're locked up they're not out killing doctors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I drove past the street as they were loading his car up onto the truck to take it away.

Cops everywhere but had no idea at the time what it was about.

Time to bring back the death penalty.

Might not reduce crime but it will take these maggots out of society for good.

Time for the crims to start living in fear rather than the regular decent people.
Time to put more cops on the street rather than in the office and make prison sentences mandatory since many of our magistrates seem to have as a priority the welfare of the crim.

Life sentences need to be Life and for those crims, jails much harsher.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

In this day and age it’s pretty hard for unsophisticated kids to get away with something like this so it seemed inevitable they’d be caught pretty quickly.

Absolute tragedy. They’re probably way off the rails already but now they’ll likely stay that way, and his family’s life is ruined.

Time to put more cops on the street rather than in the office and make prison sentences mandatory since many of our magistrates seem to have as a priority the welfare of the crim.

Life sentences need to be Life and for those crims, jails much harsher.

Nobody has any fear of the cops or the legal systems anymore. Especially the younger generations. They have grown up in times of soft policing and courts.

Nobody has any fear of the cops or the legal systems anymore. Especially the younger generations. They have grown up in times of soft policing and courts.
And grown up in times of few real life consequences.....& of having automatic passes in real world responsibilities and no idea of a social pact of living together in a society.
So many little savages running around...no longer just feral but savagely so.

Wonder what garbage sentence our 'justice' system will hand down, certainly not enough to deter them from future offences, if they're doing this at 16, they'll do it at 26, should face years in prison, they won't.

In this day and age it’s pretty hard for unsophisticated kids to get away with something like this so it seemed inevitable they’d be caught pretty quickly.

Absolute tragedy. They’re probably way off the rails already but now they’ll likely stay that way, and his family’s life is ruined.
Absolute tragedy for his family and friends.

The alleged perpetrators have also screwed up their own lives (if not already).
And grown up in times of few real life consequences.....& of having automatic passes in real world responsibilities and no idea of a social pact of living together in a society.
So many little savages running around...no longer just feral but savagely so.
A box behind the ears / old school policing taught some kids to not make the same mistakes twice.

For many though, it heightened a hatred of police and the justice system and led to more feral behaviour, which as they mixed with hardened criminals on the streets or locked up, led to serious criminal ‘careers’.

There’s always been an element of morons and lost kids out there. Many unfortunately with tough upbringings or traumas behind them which hasn’t helped.

The softer present day system isn’t really acting as a deterrent though. What is the middle ground? How can we stop these tragedies before they happen?

Trouble is when do you incarcerate them as they start along their criminal careers ? Chuck them in juvenile detention and they just get housed with other offenders who are as bad or worse as them. They learn to be bigger s##ts than before and get used to being locked up. All sorts of different solutions have been tried before I really don't know the solution or if there are the resources to fully address it.
This instance the offending is premeditated , they were armed in order to threaten or assault the homeowners if challenged. And then they have rammed the car and knifed the victim to death. They are both 16 so should be sentenced more in line as adults. I have a feeling that they will get a sentence less than culpable driving.

Trouble is when do you incarcerate them as they start along their criminal careers ? Chuck them in juvenile detention and they just get housed with other offenders who are as bad or worse as them. They learn to be bigger s##ts than before and get used to being locked up. All sorts of different solutions have been tried before I really don't know the solution or if there are the resources to fully address it.
This instance the offending is premeditated , they were armed in order to threaten or assault the homeowners if challenged. And then they have rammed the car and knifed the victim to death. They are both 16 so should be sentenced more in line as adults. I have a feeling that they will get a sentence less than culpable driving.
So you don't lock them up because you're worried they'll become worse criminals, but you leave them on the streets where they... keep being criminals? And they never get punished, so they keep doing it, and then one day... they just stop maybe? They're s**t and most of them have already been taught to be criminals by older role models who have seen similar soft treatment. Start sending messages, directly to them and indirectly to others, that they're going away for a long time for any of the s**t they do as teens.

Who cares if they're locked up for a long time? Keeps them away from sensible people. Who cares if they throw their lives away? Better we let them kill productive people in the community? Maybe start punishing the parents for the underaged crims too. They're failures as parents.

DPP will wimp out and offer an easy plea and the magistrate will go easy. Need mandatory life without the chance of parole if someone dies during the conduct of a felony.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back