List Mgmt. Draft 2018: Lions 1st (5), Power 1st (10), Hawks 1st (15)

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
West Coast are keen on him.
I'd rather try and get their pick 20-22 for our 10 or 15 to see him get there. We could use 20-22 on Stack and whoever slides that shouldn't?
I'm fairly sure West Coast are going to try and get higher up using 20-22.

Don’t think we’ll be planning on using that many selections so 15 is probably better for us than 20 and 22.

Unless we could something like 15 for 20 and 22 then trade 10 and 22 to move up the draft order.

Don’t think 10 and 22 gets us 4 from StKilda or 6 from Gold Coast. 5 and 22 would get us pick 4, but that’s a lot to move up one spot but potentially stops the crows from doing so and taking Rankine. St Kilda would much rather that deal with us becouse if reports are accurate they still get King, crows pick 8 almost certainly won’t.

Alternatively could offer 10 and 22 to bulldogs for 7

Could leave us 5,7 and 20 instead of 5,10 and 15

I'd do 5 and 15 for 4 and 28 if we thought SK are into Rankine and GC aren't.

I like the look of Tom Sparrow who should be around at 28.

If St Kilda are into Rankine, why would they trade us pick 4?

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

They wouldn’t, if StKilda trade 4 it’s because they don’t want Rankine.

We’d only do that to stop the crows being able to, although if the Saints want King I doubt they trade with the crows, because there is little chance King is there at 8. Perhaps they are trying to scare us into beating the crows into trading with them.

I’d pretend I was going to take Rozee so Gold Coast offered up 6 and 24 for 5...and then I’d take Smith with 6 :p

Chachi

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fu** No
I can't see any club holding picks 1-7 trading out their picks unless the swap contains picks within that range.

I'm not sure what the rules are but I assume if a club calls a name and another club doesn't come up with an offer then they must take that player.

GC could do this with Lukosius, Rankine and King. The Saints probably just Rankine. Then have the attitude we keep him or get overs.

Last edited:

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just can't see Port trading away any first rounder for 2x 2nd rounders.

Getting pick 3 would require future picks because Gold Coast don't have enough list spots and Saints will likely take Max King anyway. So there's no point trading 15 for two first to move 5 up. It's also worth mentioning as is now we have enough list spots for those 3x 1sts but not enough if we moved one on or got two picks in return.

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

The phantom draft guide seems all out of whack.

Assuming there are no changes to our draft picks.

Quick thoughts.
-why the * would GC choose two SA players given their ability to retain players. Surely having lost Lynch and May they take the King twins, their best possible chance of retaining two players for their career. One or both of Luko and Rankine would be back here in 2 years. GC will not turn things around that quick.
-why would we take Hately or Clark at 10. Big bodied mids and half backs we have adequate coverage for. If anyone agrees, who should we take?
-surely we take Hill at 15
-It shits me to tears that we couldn't shake lose pick 3 out of the trade deal somewhere. Especially from Hawthorn as part of the Wingard deal. Surely that would have been a priority. I hate how Hawthorn just sit back and go we are well coached and have past and present swell players so talk your clubs into receiving unders and nominate us as your club of choice. OK Maybe this part is in the wrong thread.

Back