List Mgmt. Draft 2018: Lions 1st (5), Power 1st (10), Hawks 1st (15)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw the follow up on channel seven news stating his preference to play for the crows over port and hoping the cows move up the draft order. C7 cow supporter segment.

What’s the story about Rankine choosing cows.

He cant "choose" anyone.

He goes where he is drafted.

I think he's a crows fan so has probably mentioned that and was asked if he'd like to go there.

On shortly anyway. Remember also, it's channel 7.

See? Channel 7 corporation wind-to-ass blowing at its finest

What’s the story about Rankine choosing cows.

Rubbish story on channel 7 with Rankine saying he would prefer if crows picked him because he was there earlier this year so knows a few of their players.

Very heavily edited interview where any context is on the cutting room floor.

What a sh*tstain of a TV station. Not one mention of Port's draft picks or Rankine spending time with Paul Vandenbergh delivering Port community program at Tennant Creek.

Rubbish story on channel 7 with Rankine saying he would prefer if crows picked him because he was there earlier this year so knows a few of their players.

What a sh*tstain of a TV station. Not one mention of Port's draft picks or Rankine spending time with Paul Vandenbergh at Tennant Creek.

What would you expect from 7 ?

What a sh*tstain of a TV station. Not one mention of Port's draft picks or Rankine spending time with Paul Vandenbergh delivering Port community program at Tennant Creek.
I wish i could like this post many times.

The phantom draft guide seems all out of whack.

Assuming there are no changes to our draft picks.

Quick thoughts.
-why the **** would GC choose two SA players given their ability to retain players. Surely having lost Lynch and May they take the King twins, their best possible chance of retaining two players for their career. One or both of Luko and Rankine would be back here in 2 years. GC will not turn things around that quick.
-why would we take Hately or Clark at 10. Big bodied mids and half backs we have adequate coverage for. If anyone agrees, who should we take?
-surely we take Hill at 15
-It shits me to tears that we couldn't shake lose pick 3 out of the trade deal somewhere. Especially from Hawthorn as part of the Wingard deal. Surely that would have been a priority. I hate how Hawthorn just sit back and go we are well coached and have past and present swell players so talk your clubs into receiving unders and nominate us as your club of choice. OK Maybe this part is in the wrong thread.
Your suprised at Hately going too us at 10? He's a 1.90cm SA boy and the best player left at 10 so it makes a lot of sense. We'll get someone fast at 5 and 15 anyway. As for Hill at 15 I doubt that a lot Freo has 14 and he's the 2nd cousin of the Hill brothers and a big reason I think as to why they were happy to swap 11 and 14 with GWS. If Hawthorn could get pick 3 why would they want Wingard when they could get Rankine? Heck you saw what it took us too get that far how would they of done it?

I'd expect more of this s**t from Channel 7 over the next month. They and the Crows will be desperate for either the Crows to get ahead of us, or for us to pass up on Rankine. They'll be in a right f**king panic by the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brenton Phillips thinks Rankine is the best SA player but says don't sacrifice multiple high picks for one good one.

If all the rumours are right we should get Rankine at 5, but you never know what happens draft night (or between now and then with pick trading).

GC want Luko and Rozee, Rozze wont get past us at pick 5 if Rankine goes at 3.
St Kilda interested in King which also rules out trading with the Crows as he wont be available at 8 (9 after Blakley bid)

Your suprised at Hately going too us at 10? He's a 1.90cm SA boy and the best player left at 10 so it makes a lot of sense. We'll get someone fast at 5 and 15 anyway. As for Hill at 15 I doubt that a lot Freo has 14 and he's the 2nd cousin of the Hill brothers and a big reason I think as to why they were happy to swap 11 and 14 with GWS. If Hawthorn could get pick 3 why would they want Wingard when they could get Rankine? Heck you saw what it took us too get that far how would they of done it?

Id be a little surprised if the Crows don't take him with their first pick.

Id be a little surprised if the Crows don't take him with their first pick.
Crows are at a strange position, Rozee or someone from the top 7 of the draft could fall because Suns have big interest in Caldwell at 6. Crows themselves have interest in Caldwell and he's rated a bit higher then Hately.

Crows are at a strange position, Rozee or someone from the top 7 of the draft could fall because Suns have big interest in Caldwell at 6. Crows themselves have interest in Caldwell and he's rated a bit higher then Hately.
They almost HAVE to trade up to achieve their goal of an SA gun.

They almost HAVE to trade up to achieve their goal of an SA gun.
May not be an option. As I've pointed out earlier Suns don't have enough list spots for the picks they have now, Saints have a known interest in Max King and have put a lot of time and Effort getting him fit for next year. I don't think anyone is moving into the top 7.

May not be an option. As I've pointed out earlier Suns don't have enough list spots for the picks they have now, Saints have a known interest in Max King and have put a lot of time and Effort getting him fit for next year. I don't think anyone is moving into the top 7.
Hopefully then will pay massively for the honour, though they trade better than us it seems, so who knows.

Dogs said to be keen on Caldwell too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back