List Mgmt. Draft 2018: Lions 1st (5), Power 1st (10), Hawks 1st (15)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Smith and Rankine will be gone by pick 5 and we will take Rozee.

We will then take Valente or Hately at 10. Unless Ben King makes that far.

At 15, depends on who slips through.

If Port are really as locked onto Smith as is rumored we would have spoken intensely to him half a dozen times, worked out what is best for the family and arranged a genuine partnership with the family.
I'm not sure we would do this. Sure you interview once, maybe twice but to start making arrangements is telling the world your plans. Unless you've got the number one pick of course.

I wouldn't be selling 10 at this stage. It looks like Jones and Clark are going to bolt into the top 10 meaning that a roezee, Caldwell or ben Smith could still be there at 10
Not sure I'd be selling any of them unless fair (not overs) trade. Three terrific picks, three bites at the cherry.

Bailey Smith comes off as a complete cyborg. Dunno, something about his obsessiveness unnerves me. Seems to be devoid of anything in his life outside of footy which could lead to all sorts of issues.

We have too many campaigners that are the opposite. An intense and focused dude like him is unsurprisingly a need.

The game is littered with great players who had this level of focus. That said, the game is also littered with great players who were binge drinking drug takers.

Bailey Smith comes off as a complete cyborg. Dunno, something about his obsessiveness unnerves me. Seems to be devoid of anything in his life outside of footy which could lead to all sorts of issues.

Smith is too professional.

Rankine is too arrogant.

Lukosius is too blonde.

I'm not sure we would do this. Sure you interview once, maybe twice but to start making arrangements is telling the world your plans. Unless you've got the number one pick of course.

We have one very credible poster on this board say we are locked onto Smith. On the draft board a completely independent poster has said Smith's mum says we are very keen.

Now this is draft period and in the end these are just rumours. Hence why I said if the rumours are true. But if they are then we have made our intentions clear and there is more to our contact than the draft combine interview.

But seeing as this is draft period I tend to stick to the Edgar Allan Poe adage of believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. ;)

FWIW I still think we will draft Rankine at 5. :think:

How does that work?

Surely retirement would dissolve the contract and you dont keep getting paid?

My understanding is that it is a compensation claim as he is unable to work due to career ending injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good football being one of them.

How does that work?

Surely retirement would dissolve the contract and you dont keep getting paid?
From the Tiser:

“Tippett announced his retirement in January, citing concerns over a debilitating ankle injury, with three years to run on a lucrative contract. Given the timing of his announcement, the Swans has to carry Tippett on their primary list for the 2018 season even though he left the club and had no intention of playing again.

Sydney officially delisted him yesterday in a bid to ease some of the salary cap burden of his deal but he must remain with the club as a rookie while he continues to be paid.

“In keeping with AFL rules and regulations, it is the club’s intention to re-draft Tippett in the upcoming AFL rookie draft so the club can fulfill the terms of an agreed settlement,” a club statement said.”

The Swans go on to say that Tippett is not fit for football and has no intention to play.

I suspect two years on the rookie list so that only half the payment goes to the salary cap.

He might quit halfway through a season to become a fireman, but end up being a footy shock jock...

Much better kick. But being that size, moving that well and having mits like that is not a bad thing.

As much as I'd like 3 midfielders, if he's there at #10, we take him.

Edit: Sorry, you said Max King.

If he is available at 10 that would be incredible, next to no chance though....crazier things have happened.

Desperately needs to work on his set shot kicking though.

Smith is too professional.

Rankine is too arrogant.

Lukosius is too blonde.

“If the applicant is professional, say he’s too professional. If the applicant is arrogant, say he’s too arrogant. If the applicant then waits for three weeks without food, shelter, or encouragement he may then enter and begin his training.“

“If the applicant is professional, say he’s too professional. If the applicant is arrogant, say he’s too arrogant. If the applicant then waits for three weeks without food, shelter, or encouragement he may then enter and begin his training.“

I am Jack’s desire to leave Gold Coast after two years.

Much better kick. But being that size, moving that well and having mits like that is not a bad thing.

As much as I'd like 3 midfielders, if he's there at #10, we take him.

Edit: Sorry, you said Max King.

I just want atleast one King for the hail to the king and duke nukem memes.

In regards to Smith apparently wanting to stay in his home state: most draft prospects would prefer that. It seems we've done an ok job of keeping players from interstate though, so I say draft him. If we put ourselves back on the right path on field, he will stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back