List Mgmt. Draft 2018: Lions 1st (5), Power 1st (10), Hawks 1st (15)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton will get a priority pick as well I reckon

But can he kick, We need elite ball users.

If he is an elite kick, Yes Please.

not sure about elite kick but it is one of his strengths … here is what Knightmare wrote on his weekly ESPN article about Riley Collier Dawkins

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...jack-lukosius-reigns-supreme-new-faces-emerge

Riley Collier-Dawkins (VIC)
Best position: Inside midfield
Height, weight: 193cm, 88kg
Recruited from: Oakleigh Chargers
Projected draft range: 3-25
Similar to: Marcus Bontempelli
Rationale: First possession winner at stoppages with a burst of speed and clean skills. An appealing tall midfielder who may still be growing.
May Ranking: 9
Strengths:
Still growing
Rate of improvement
Wins first possession at stoppages on the move
Contested ball winning
Clean at ground level
Distribution by hand
Kicking
Vision
Decision making in traffic
Pace
Agility
Evasiveness in traffic
Overhead marking
Contested marking
Capable through midfield or up forward

Weaknesses:

Production
Consistency

But can he kick, We need elite ball users.

If he is an elite kick, Yes Please.

here is some more information about Riley Collier-Dawkins (VIC) as written in Knightmare's ESPN Articles

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...******-knightmare-discovered-next-bontempelli

Player Focus

Potential first-round choice, Oakleigh's Riley Collier-Dawkins was the standout for Vic Metro's Under-18s in their win against the Allies. It was the work of the 194cm, 88kg, midfielder at centre bounces that was most impressive. Collier-Dawkins regularly won first possession, taking a run up and with perfect timing winning the ball on the move and exploding forward at speed. The explosive midfielder secured 16 disposals, 10 contested possessions, five clearances, seven inside 50s and two goals on the day. Both of Collier-Dawkins' goals came from 50m on the move. His most notable goal came off a handball receive where he accelerated 25m through the centre before slotting the goal effortlessly at speed. Adding to the intrigue surrounding Collier-Dawkins is his growth over the off-season where he shot up a reported 6cm. Collier-Dawkins' game bares strong similarities to Marcus Bontempelli as a tall, explosive midfielder who has a high impact per possession and does his best work in contested situations. To improve his draft stocks, he will need to become a higher volume ball winner as he is only averaging 19.7 disposals per game.

Carlton will get a priority pick as well I reckon

isn't Priority picks at the end of the first round if so cow supporters will be peeved :mad: as they have the 1st pick of the 2nd round (originally Carltons 2nd round pick which was traded to them as part of the Gibbs deal)

if that happens and they get it .. it will be a big laugh :laughing::laughing:

Aren’t we loaded with mids already though?
If we are talking about kids developing in the reserves Atley may be traded and Hewett/Snelling might be delisted so there might be a hole there. As for the AFL side we are chockablock with mids.

What’s the chances of the club doing a deal to secure Izak Rankine? He’s exactly what we need...pacy, skilful, natural goal sense, X-factor.

I would trade a player & our first rd pick to get him over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would expect picks 1 to 4 to belong to Carlton and GCS, through priority picks/FA compensation. Potentially 1 to 5 if May gets a big deal to leave as well. The top 5 may look like:
- 1 Carlton - Lukosious
- 2 Carlton - Walsh
- 3 GCS - Max King
- 4 GCS - Ben King
- 5 GCS - Rankine

Though with that domination of the top end, I would expect trades to be done. Especially with GCS/Carlton needing established players.

They will take it, no doubt about it...
Yeah. They are clearly asking for one without asking for one. Trying to keep up appearances for their brand so they can still retain and attract players and sponsors.

But the whole 'we won't be lobbying for a pic BUT...' makes it pretty clear they think they deserve one and puts pressure on the AFL to give them one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Does anyone think a trade of McGovern (Adl) for McKay (Carl) would go down?

A forward line of Curnow, Lukosious and McGovern would be tough to match up on, and would make McKay surplus to requirements.

Then Carlton would get to spend the PP on a midfielder they desperately need (assuming they get one).

Carlton have already announced they don't want a priority pick a couple of months ago.

This is from yesterday.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07...at-player-re-signing-announcements-next-week/

“Our view on the priority pick is we want to take responsibility for where we’re at and accept that we got ourselves into this position,” Liddle told the AFL Nation pregame show.

“We’re more keen on things we can control, like the re-signing of players, which we’ve done a great job of this year and I’m really confident that next week we’ll have a few more announcement to make.

“We’re just not sure waving a white flag and asking for a priority pick is really in line with our confidence. We’ve made a decision to go down this path and we think when it comes to the 18 to 21 year old’s, we’re as good as anyone in that age group.”

No priority pick!

Carlton have already announced they don't want a priority pick a couple of months ago.

This is from yesterday.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07...at-player-re-signing-announcements-next-week/

“Our view on the priority pick is we want to take responsibility for where we’re at and accept that we got ourselves into this position,” Liddle told the AFL Nation pregame show.

“We’re more keen on things we can control, like the re-signing of players, which we’ve done a great job of this year and I’m really confident that next week we’ll have a few more announcement to make.

“We’re just not sure waving a white flag and asking for a priority pick is really in line with our confidence. We’ve made a decision to go down this path and we think when it comes to the 18 to 21 year old’s, we’re as good as anyone in that age group.”

No priority pick!
Easy for them to say, but I reckon the AFL will give them one on the back of a one win season.

Does anyone think a trade of McGovern (Adl) for McKay (Carl) would go down?

A forward line of Curnow, Lukosious and McGovern would be tough to match up on, and would make McKay surplus to requirements.

Then Carlton would get to spend the PP on a midfielder they desperately need (assuming they get one).

Can see Lukosius across Carltons half back line. He's good enough to control the game from there.

They have ruled out asking for one, but they certainly need it. They have won 2 games in almost 400 days.
They have CHOSEN not to win a game.

There’s a huge difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back