Strategy Draft 2018 - rookie picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Really would've liked us to try and take the best local league mature key forward with the rookie pick, but ah well. Tobin seems like a real pick from nowhere. Hopefully it pays off.

ZCiiinW.png

lol, never change Port

177cm nobody who will be given 4 years to develop into a half decent SANFL player.
Everyone drafted in the last two days by all clubs is currently a nobody and most of them will stay that way lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any info on Tobin?

Really should've read all the times for these drafts, today's main and now the rookie I had no idea about.

Tobin Cox is an absolute hero from Naracoorte - travelled to and from the country every weekend to pursue his footy. I have nothing but big props for him, a hard worker and a classic country kid. I'll be down to Alberton to see him for sure. Onya Tobin!

Tobin Cox - starred for SA at the U16s Championships in 2015 primarily as a crumbing small. Played some good bottom age U18s football in the SANFL in 2016 but a shoulder injury early in 2017, wiped his draft year. Put on some genuine size and came back a little heavy for my liking and really struggled to run out games early this year. Played some solid football in the Reserves for Glenelg and stole some League games where he performed admirably. For his size, Tobin is an elite overhead mark and solid kick of the football. Has range with his set shots and was pretty consistent with his scoreboard impact. Didn't have the speed and agility that we saw back as a 16 year old due to extra muscle bulk but if he gets in an elite environment and strikes a better balance with his physique, this could return. Can play midfield, either inside or a wing but I think his greatest strengths are as a small forward.

What exactly is cat b rookie & how does it differ from rookie ?
Without getting the actual rule book definition, it basically is a supplementary list for international players, players with non-Australian heritage, and players that haven't been playing for 3 years like cricketers, bballers, etc.

Think you can have 3 on your cat b list.

We could only get Pudney and Frederick cat b because no one else wanted them in the main draft.

Daniel Flynn, Emmanuel Irra and Yohann Wagner are our other recent cat b's

Tobin Cox - starred for SA at the U16s Championships in 2015 primarily as a crumbing small. Played some good bottom age U18s football in the SANFL in 2016 but a shoulder injury early in 2017, wiped his draft year. Put on some genuine size and came back a little heavy for my liking and really struggled to run out games early this year. Played some solid football in the Reserves for Glenelg and stole some League games where he performed admirably. For his size, Tobin is an elite overhead mark and solid kick of the football. Has range with his set shots and was pretty consistent with his scoreboard impact. Didn't have the speed and agility that we saw back as a 16 year old due to extra muscle bulk but if he gets in an elite environment and strikes a better balance with his physique, this could return. Can play midfield, either inside or a wing but I think his greatest strengths are as a small forward.
Was really hoping to hear he had absolutely elite speed, but sounds like there's something there to work with. Let's see how he goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back