List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, thought you might like to have this resource on your board (scuse the intrusion!) – mods might like to sticky it so it's visible at the top of the thread

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sonsie sounds like he's not backing it up this year. He was one I was keen on but he played his best footy as a 15 year old so far.
That's what I read the other day also, but he looks to be finding plenty of footy still.

32 touches, 2 goals
21 touches
21 touches, 2 goals

Statistically it looks like a pretty good start to the year.

That's what I read the other day also, but he looks to be finding plenty of footy still.

32 touches, 2 goals
21 touches
21 touches, 2 goals

Statistically it looks like a pretty good start to the year.

Haven't been keeping a close eye on the draft this year but from what I'd read he sounded like he wasn't performing as well as expected. The stats look very solid depending on how much time he's spent forward. My draft watching mate mention him a couple of years ago as one to watch so I've kept an eye out for his name which is pretty memorable. I can't remember what he said specifically but he must have been good enough to stand out early.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Haven't been keeping a close eye on the draft this year but from what I'd read he sounded like he wasn't performing as well as expected. The stats look very solid depending on how much time he's spent forward. My draft watching mate mention him a couple of years ago as one to watch so I've kept an eye out for his name which is pretty memorable. I can't remember what he said specifically but he must have been good enough to stand out early.
Yeah he's been a watch for a few years now. He was playing in the 18's comp when he was still eligible for the under 16's and was the MVP in the 16's comp from memory.

If anything it just looks like he hasn't quite dominated yet like Daicos has. We are only 3 games in though.

There have also been a couple from WA and SA kids that look to have gone past him in the draft order on the back of being able to play footy last year.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Early mock draft from edps

Screenshot_20210504-064005_Gallery.jpg

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Really really want 2 picks this year....

My cunning plan is to take Payne and 2x firsts off of Brizzy, in exchange for our future first and second.
That would leave us needing to come up with another 2nd from somewhere.

Traidbait:
Seb and Dunny, FA
Lonie
(Welcome to the group) Ben Long
So Brisbane are giving us Payne as well as 2 firsts for one first and a 2nd?

Is that a typo or have I read it wrong?

Are they paying us to take Payne?

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
So Brisbane are giving us Payne as well as 2 firsts for one first and a 2nd?

Is that a typo or have I read it wrong?

Are they paying us to take Payne?
Not quite.
I'll predicate this by saying Brizzy would be very unlikely to agree.

Saints future 1st & 2nd (estimated p12 & p30)
Brizzy 1st & f1st (estimated p16 & 17)
Roughly even value at this point.

Leaves us needing value for Payne, roughly a 2nd IMO.

Out: 1st, 2x2nd, change
In: 2x1st, Payne

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Really like the look of this kid.

Hugh Jackson

A classy midfielder, Jackson is averaging 33 disposals through his first five SANFL Under-18 matches this season. Jackson possesses good skills, moves well and has developed a strong contested side to his game this year after playing a more outside style of game previously. His skills by hand and foot stand out in traffic and he makes sound decisions under pressure while on the outside he's just as damaging. His kicking inside-50m is among the best in the pool with how he places his kicks out in front of the leading targets.

Really like the look of this kid.

Hugh Jackson

A classy midfielder, Jackson is averaging 33 disposals through his first five SANFL Under-18 matches this season. Jackson possesses good skills, moves well and has developed a strong contested side to his game this year after playing a more outside style of game previously. His skills by hand and foot stand out in traffic and he makes sound decisions under pressure while on the outside he's just as damaging. His kicking inside-50m is among the best in the pool with how he places his kicks out in front of the leading targets.

My dream of Sonsie is getting less likely after last week end. Jackson sounds like everything we need. Classy, high possession count, ball handling and contested ball winning ability. Where is he projected to go?

Yeah he's been a watch for a few years now. He was playing in the 18's comp when he was still eligible for the under 16's and was the MVP in the 16's comp from memory.

If anything it just looks like he hasn't quite dominated yet like Daicos has. We are only 3 games in though.

There have also been a couple from WA and SA kids that look to have gone past him in the draft order on the back of being able to play footy last year.
From memory ,,,,, It was written in the post from Nightmare that you posted , but yes he does sound like the type we need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
My dream of Sonsie is getting less likely after last week end. Jackson sounds like everything we need. Classy, high possession count, ball handling and contested ball winning ability. Where is he projected to go?
Depends who you ask. Knightmare has him top 10 but others have him outside the first round.

One to keep an eye on, sounds like a Zac Merrett type.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Some scouting notes from Jackson round one and 2 games. I'm calling him as my boy early.

#12 Hugh Jackson

Isaac Keeler booted five and Harvey Harrison was terrific, but it was the work of Crystal Brook midfielder, Jackson which took centre-stage for the Roosters. Spending all game in the midfield, Jackson was everywhere from start to finish, accumulating the ball at will and combining with the likes of Harrison, James White, Zyton Santillo and Max Blacker to completely dominate the midfield battle. Not only did he find the ball at will, Jackson used it to perfection by hand and foot. Exceptionally clean below his knees, his kicking was a real treat to watch at times. For a tough inside-leaning midfielder, his ability to spot up targets over short and long range and execute both in-tight and in space made it easy for the Roosters forwards to capitalise upon. He switched the play efficiently, hit multiple targets inside 50 and, crucially, looked to spot up teammates out of stoppages where others would have blasted away. He was equally as creative by hand too, consistently hitting targets with crafty handballs, especially at stoppages. Instead of completing simple one-metre handballs in congestion to a teammate under pressure, Jackson evidently looked to pass it to players with some space, a skill which has been mastered by some the best inside midfielders in the game. Jackson was sensational for the Roosters, finishing with 37 disposals, six marks, three tackles, seven clearances and a goal.

#12 Hugh Jackson

Jackson has stated the season in dominant fashion and would have to be one of the early favourites to take out the McCallum-Tomkins Medal (SANFL Under 18 best and fairest), after a strong showing against the Panthers. His hands in traffic, on both sides of his body, were not only lightening fast, but they always found their target. Playing as an inside midfielder, Jackson won a lot of his possessions in congestion but, impressively, was still able to hit his targets by foot.

However, like many of his North Adelaide teammates, Jackson has the ability to spread well from the stoppages and get involved in general play, which allows him to best exploit his clean skillset. His running patterns allowed him to get on the end of handball chains and be the one to deliver the ball inside-50. The teenager, from Crystal Brook in the heartland of the Roosters country zone, drew teammates towards him with his kicking and was able to slice through tricky gaps in the play.

He did all the defensive stuff too, laying a game-high ten tackles. He was caught holding the ball a couple of times, however the smooth-mover again looked in complete control, finishing the clash with 33 disposals, five marks, five clearances, five inside 50s. He was unlucky to have a snap at goal hit the post in the fourth quarter too.

Jade Buddha

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Some scouting notes from Jackson round one and 2 games. I'm calling him as my boy early.

#12 Hugh Jackson

Isaac Keeler booted five and Harvey Harrison was terrific, but it was the work of Crystal Brook midfielder, Jackson which took centre-stage for the Roosters. Spending all game in the midfield, Jackson was everywhere from start to finish, accumulating the ball at will and combining with the likes of Harrison, James White, Zyton Santillo and Max Blacker to completely dominate the midfield battle. Not only did he find the ball at will, Jackson used it to perfection by hand and foot. Exceptionally clean below his knees, his kicking was a real treat to watch at times. For a tough inside-leaning midfielder, his ability to spot up targets over short and long range and execute both in-tight and in space made it easy for the Roosters forwards to capitalise upon. He switched the play efficiently, hit multiple targets inside 50 and, crucially, looked to spot up teammates out of stoppages where others would have blasted away. He was equally as creative by hand too, consistently hitting targets with crafty handballs, especially at stoppages. Instead of completing simple one-metre handballs in congestion to a teammate under pressure, Jackson evidently looked to pass it to players with some space, a skill which has been mastered by some the best inside midfielders in the game. Jackson was sensational for the Roosters, finishing with 37 disposals, six marks, three tackles, seven clearances and a goal.

#12 Hugh Jackson

Jackson has stated the season in dominant fashion and would have to be one of the early favourites to take out the McCallum-Tomkins Medal (SANFL Under 18 best and fairest), after a strong showing against the Panthers. His hands in traffic, on both sides of his body, were not only lightening fast, but they always found their target. Playing as an inside midfielder, Jackson won a lot of his possessions in congestion but, impressively, was still able to hit his targets by foot.

However, like many of his North Adelaide teammates, Jackson has the ability to spread well from the stoppages and get involved in general play, which allows him to best exploit his clean skillset. His running patterns allowed him to get on the end of handball chains and be the one to deliver the ball inside-50. The teenager, from Crystal Brook in the heartland of the Roosters country zone, drew teammates towards him with his kicking and was able to slice through tricky gaps in the play.

He did all the defensive stuff too, laying a game-high ten tackles. He was caught holding the ball a couple of times, however the smooth-mover again looked in complete control, finishing the clash with 33 disposals, five marks, five clearances, five inside 50s. He was unlucky to have a snap at goal hit the post in the fourth quarter too.
Live around the corner from the roosters home ground. Might go and have a look at the lad.

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda

#12 Hugh Jackson

#12 Hugh Jackson

What’s his height and weight Bird?

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think till we start seeing some proper game footage I'm going early on Ned Long.

We need a big goal kicking POD mid. It's easy to get seduced by the silky players but we still need some real grunt.

Of course, I'm still all about cashing in our chips to get another FRDP, but easier said than done as usual.

Despite recent good form, only JB and Seb would bring a useful pick.
That would reshape the team a bit, but Byrnes/Bytel are looking the goods atm and we potentially have Pato, Gresh and Longy to come back in.
I dunno. It would be a brave move, but we're not looking like top 4 material with what weve got.
If JB and Seb get another contract and drop off again (as is their MO) we'll be even further away and spend the next 2 years spewing about it.
I'm not advocating it, but a couple of young guns can certainly invigorate the team, so it doesn't have to result in a drop off.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Ross would get an early second round pick at least. His multiple B and Fs will bump up the FA compo. Dunstan would be a delisting, Jones probably a late second to mid third round pick. Ross and Billings probably both go if we don't start winning so could have some good picks.
Aged well.

Aged well.

Meh, it's an opinion based on what was happening at the time. If we lose the next two and they play badly I will make equally as outrageous statements again or find another scape goat, who knows it might be Ratten by then. I'm like a pipe-bomb of pettiness ready to bring undone anyone who has a poor game. It's like a compulsion to punish them with my words and obviously they must be devastated by my awful options. The only thing that they can do to stave off my horrible ideas is to play well, it's like my kryptonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back