Strategy Draft assistance 2023 [Twomey: NMFC get #19 in 2023, x2 end of 1st rd picks in 2024, and x2 extra rookie list spots in 2024; no Sanders/#11]

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
If we don’t win a game this year and consequently kick the door down at Gil Tower, then we’re 100% piss weak.

After the hundreds of millions poured into the plastic franchises and their COLA darling sister club, the tonnes of first and second round picks poured into their soulless clubs to make them successful at the expense of clubs over 100 years old is a flat out ******* joke!

Im telling ya, if we’re winless and don’t hit the polo-playing flog up for a decent compensation then I’ll personally fly over and organise a riot. We’ll start at Gil Tower and end up at Arden St..

If we don’t win a game this year and consequently kick the door down at Gil Tower, then we’re 100% piss weak.

After the hundreds of millions poured into the plastic franchises and their COLA darling sister club, the tonnes of first and second round picks poured into their soulless clubs to make them successful at the expense of clubs over 100 years old is a flat out ******* joke!

Im telling ya, if we’re winless and don’t hit the polo-playing flog up for a decent compensation then I’ll personally fly over and organise a riot. We’ll start at Gil Tower and end up at Arden St..
when was the last time a side went winless?

if god forbid we do go winless pick 1 and 2 should be a certainty

We will win games. It was clear on Sunday, that if we had 3 or 4 blokes back we would have won. Adelaide this year isn't a bottom 4 side I don't think. Our problem is that we don't play Freo at home I don't think, but we will win 3-4 games I reckon, possibly after the bye.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North have been pissing home games off, out of Victoria, for a loooooong time.

It's not just on the AFL.

Yep, until we stop playing home games in other states we almost can't complain.

Saying you're a Melbourne based team whilst playing home games interstate is like saying you're happily married but spending most of your time looking for ladies on Tinder.

We will win games. It was clear on Sunday, that if we had 3 or 4 blokes back we would have won. Adelaide this year isn't a bottom 4 side I don't think. Our problem is that we don't play Freo at home I don't think, but we will win 3-4 games I reckon, possibly after the bye.

Somewhere beyond round 10 and it'll be on the back of getting the balance between kids, mature players, structure,and plan right.

It'll mean significantly more than pantsing Adelaide last year.

Apr 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i dunno - i think our best bets at a win are dons at marvel and hawks in tas, i f we cant win those i could see us go winless
We are clearly the worst team in it, but there is always a worst team in it and history suggests they pick up at least one win. The middle section of our draw is pretty soft and we should be able to play ourselves into some sort of form during that time.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep, until we stop playing home games in other states we almost can't complain.

Saying you're a Melbourne based team whilst playing home games interstate is like saying you're happily married but spending most of your time looking for ladies on Tinder.

Or Vicky Verka, according to my better half!!

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
nice nice, we should shamelessly exploit this.
Exploit what?
The AFL will be under SO much pressure NOT to give us a priority pick by the clubs and media our supporters need to wake up what is happen NOW should have happened 5 years ago but I didn’t because certain egos within the coaching stuff and the board took the attitude if we top up the 5th flag would be ours not the club or the supporters but ours.
So that’s why this rebuild we be slow and heartbreaking but we need as supporters to stick together and THOSE Fair whether Supporters who won’t don’t be shooting your mouth off with the excuses I’m ill it’s cold I’m see my mummy and daddy my kids have sport on as so far we have played Good Friday a poor turn out by our supporters and 2 Sunday games before junior sport starts poor turn outs by our supporters.
The supporters need to help our club survive by attending a games and buying membership as the board I have little faith in to get us out of this.
So let’s all stick together and we will get thru this and when the day comes and we are holding up our 5th premiership the pain of what we all going thru atm as a club will disappear and to those who those who didn’t want to suffer the pain like the rest of us I have 2 words for you
F::K YOU

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Exploit what?
The AFL will be under SO much pressure NOT to give us a priority pick by the clubs and media our supporters need to wake up what is happen NOW should have happened 5 years ago but I didn’t because certain egos within the coaching stuff and the board took the attitude if we top up the 5th flag would be ours not the club or the supporters but ours.
So that’s why this rebuild we be slow and heartbreaking but we need as supporters to stick together and THOSE Fair whether Supporters who won’t don’t be shooting your mouth off with the excuses I’m ill it’s cold I’m see my mummy and daddy my kids have sport on as so far we have played Good Friday a poor turn out by our supporters and 2 Sunday games before junior sport starts poor turn outs by our supporters.
The supporters need to help our club survive by attending a games and buying membership as the board I have little faith in to get us out of this.
So let’s all stick together and we will get thru this and when the day comes and we are holding up our 5th premiership the pain of what we all going thru atm as a club will disappear and to those who those who didn’t want to suffer the pain like the rest of us I have 2 words for you

prioroty picks isn’t something people can say you don’t deserve, it goes by the data. If a club is truly shot, it gets. Won’t be like st kilda where they got pick 1 and 2 but more like pick 1 and end of first round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exploit what?

Taking your kids to sport is more important than going to a game of footy. Get your priorities right.

I went to the GP yesterday, thinking I was to get the vaccine, but instead was told I was there for something entirely different.

Maybe I'm more confused than I thought and they secretly gave me the jab, and so presently I am hallucinating or something. Because for the first time ever, I'm in full agreement with Rad Roo!! :huh::eek:

Apr 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
prioroty picks isn’t something people can say you don’t deserve, it goes by the data. If a club is truly shot, it gets. Won’t be like st kilda where they got pick 1 and 2 but more like pick 1 and end of first round.
There is no evidence anywhere of any formula for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There is no evidence anywhere of any formula for it.

Well, if you are very s**t then you get one.

2021 is not the time to punch above ones weight.

We've done that for 2 decades, where did it get us.

Middling onfield performance will not improve the club's finance. If anything, we will start to get better sponsors nowadays than anytime before adcnow we have a clear path to succeed....and no debt.

We are currently on a 12 game losing streak, our longest since 17 games in 1971/72, in fact we are currently 1-18 since round 3 last season. We went 2-27-1 from mid July 1971 to the end of the 1972 season, if we get anywhere near that level again this season then it would be in the leagues best interest to give us a priority pick.

Or bring back the 10 year rule. :)

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Not sure PPs are even required any more. Nobody could butcher their list as bad as us and we really dont need it. With PSD, MSD and FA theres plenty of opportunities to rebuild a list. That doesnt mean we shouldnt try, but if dont get one theres really no point in even having it there.

Not sure PPs are even required any more. Nobody could butcher their list as bad as us and we really dont need it. With PSD, MSD and FA theres plenty of opportunities to rebuild a list. That doesnt mean we shouldnt try, but if dont get one theres really no point in even having it there.
We should ask for 2 priority picks.

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
Sooo... you’re saying we’ll get two priority picks?
lebron.gif

Back