Draft camp Results.

Remove this Banner Ad

As has already been noted, this year was run on grass and 25 missed the test.

Furthermore, last year had some seriously special atheletes. Hogan and Houlihan were under age athletic champions if I'm not mistaken. I believe Will Schofield was too?

Houlihan was a National champion middle distance and Schofield a State middle distance runner

I was thinking the same thing. These are the slowest times that I can recall over the last few years. I wonder if the conditions this year were more difficult. Still though a ruck leading the midfielders in and key position prospects throughout the top 10 is interesting and might cause some recruiters some pause. Anyone know who didn't do the 3k? There are few that I thought might have been up there eg Whitecross who got equal second in the beep.
Whitecross injured apparently shin spilnts smouha will definetly be queensland highest taken player ahead of zorko hill daye

Whitecross injured apparently shin spilnts smouha will definetly be queensland highest taken player ahead of zorko hill daye
Smouha highest QLD player?

Reid and Whitecross should definitely go before him. There's a couple more that I reckon will go ahead of him too, like Daye and Mulligan maybe.

Smouha highest QLD player?

Reid and Whitecross should definitely go before him. There's a couple more that I reckon will go ahead of him too, like Daye and Mulligan maybe.
sorry forgot about reid whitecross no smouha before him and others

Houlihan was a National champion middle distance and Schofield a State middle distance runner

I played with schofield last year and he has never had very good skills, yeah his a good 800-3000m runner, but he struggles at any other distance.

Just on this years draft camp, Chris Kangars just happens to be the national 400m champion for his age. he is a freak athlete, extremely good vertical leap too. still working on his skills tho.

It's getting pretty pathetic; they used to at least release a top ten list from each test. You even knew who performed the best in the strength, reflex and peripheral vision tests.

I played with schofield last year and he has never had very good skills, yeah his a good 800-3000m runner, but he struggles at any other distance.

Just on this years draft camp, Chris Kangars just happens to be the national 400m champion for his age. he is a freak athlete, extremely good vertical leap too. still working on his skills tho.

Nah he's not. He'd be about the 4th fastest 400m runner for U20. Good athlete though, no surprise he topped the repeat sprints times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From afl.com

3km time-trial
Joel Smouha – Mt Gravatt (10.23)
Rhys Palmer – East Fremantle (10.25)
Cale Morton – Claremont (10.32)
Tom Collier – Tassie Mariners (10.38)
Hugh Sandilands – Oakleigh Chargers (10.42)
Nick Murphy – South Adelaide (10.48)
Clayton Hinkley – North Ballarat Rebels (10.49)
Matthew Lobbe – Eastern Ranges (10.49)
Scott Selwood – Bendigo Pioneers (10.49)
Matthew Kreuzer – Northern Knights (10.51)

Yeah go to school with Hugh Sandilands, legend of a bloke. Came first for the Big V's and making me ever so proud. I'm pretty sure his athletic, tall body has the capacity to be a star player in the AFL. Clubs are looking at him and no doubt there is a good reason. The options I'm sure are open for recruiters but I think this is a true kid with a hell of a lot of potential. My guess top 25 - to Brisbane.

Just wondering, does anyone know Kruezers results from the draft camp?

From TalkingCarlton:

14.3 - beep

3.11 - 20m

10:51 3km

199.5cm (grown 0.5cm in the last 6 months).

Longest arm span at the DC.

That's all I can recall off the top of my head.

Thanks.

Are clubs allowed to test the players at a later date if they were injured at draft camp? :confused:

My vague memory is that they can apply to the AFL. The whole point of the draft camp was to avoid having to put these kids through 16 sets of tests (more if clubs wanted to do follow-ups).

A kid could spend 3 weeks being shuttled around being poked and prodded ... and for plenty of them it is heading towards exam time.

Does anyone know where we can get the results from the Draft Camp from, such as heights etc? It looks like Kreuzer has added .5cm and McEvoy 1 cm.

Can I ask a really stupid question:confused: Are all the tests conducted indoors on a basketball surface?? If I went to a basketball camp, I would not expect to train on a footy field WTF!

Fair question, but the indoor tests enable the testers to control (and replicate) the environment more accurately, giving the results far greater significance when comparing one year's results to another.

brent connelly is now 202cm, meaning he has grown 3cm, how do u think this will boost his draft chances??? he may still have more growing left to do...

also tom bellchambers ran a 13.07 for the 3km time trial and dropped out in the late 11s in the beep test...will this hurt his chances of going high in the draft???

brent connelly is now 202cm, meaning he has grown 3cm, how do u think this will boost his draft chances??? he may still have more growing left to do...

also tom bellchambers ran a 13.07 for the 3km time trial and dropped out in the late 11s in the beep test...will this hurt his chances of going high in the draft???

I think McIntosh was fairly similar at the time of being drafted. Still it's no going to help his chances.

Cant believe theres kids wanting to get drafted who cant run 4 minute kms. However, as mentioned McIntosh was very unfit and he still went at 9. Fitness can be worked on fairly easily just means he'll take a while to develop as McIntosh did.

Interesting that David Zaharakis came 10th in the 20 metre sprint (2.94 sec). he has had an abductor strain and due to that couldnt complete the rest of his testing, impressive that he could still perform.

any thoughts on how well he will go in the draft?

Interesting that David Zaharakis came 10th in the 20 metre sprint (2.94 sec). he has had an abductor strain and due to that couldnt complete the rest of his testing, impressive that he could still perform.

any thoughts on how well he will go in the draft?
I am a huge Zacca fan. I think he will go 20-40. Hopefully at Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back