Game Day Draft Day 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I just assume we see him as a defensive midfielder in the waiting. If he and Bonar are staying in defence, then I would simply go a KPF.

I rate Kyron and Bonar (was brilliant in the Adelaide Oval game before he got injured) as general defenders.
agree like Hayden and Bonar in defence

both can lock down and rebound - give us something both ways

I reckon we go with a ruck and a key position player.

Winder, Dumensy and Trew would be the best performed out of those guys.

Isn't Trew the guy who refused to do interviews? I can imagine he will be popular.

What was the comment

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/12...talented-draft-prospect-who-must-get-tougher/

“Look, I really like Zane. But I think he’s got to lift his game a bit,” Sumich said.

“His attitude towards football is great, but I think he gets the sooks a bit if things don’t go his way and I think that’s what the recruiters have seen.

“He needs to lift his game in that area. If things don’t go his way he needs to really knuckle down and get on with business"

Not exactly a glowing endorsement.

I've heard good things about this "anybody but Mason Wood" kid that's expected to go in the rookie draft today, so I'm hoping we pick him up.

Depending on how many spots we have left to fill, I think it will at least be another mid today, then hang on til mid year to see who stands out once we get a bit of footy played.

If we're taking 2, my tip is a mid/tall combo.

Depending on how many spots we have left to fill, I think it will at least be another mid today, then hang on til mid year to see who stands out once we get a bit of footy played.

If we're taking 2, my tip is a mid/tall combo.
I reckon it'll be a HBF/Tall if we take two picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little off topic and fatherly sounding but how impressive were those young men when they were being interviewed. Other than overusing "stoked" they were all well grounded and respectful.

R-2006205-1341814375-7407.jpeg.jpg
There's Gonna Be a New Race!
Kids are Gonna Start it Up!

Project Ruck
Project KPF
I get that we are building for the future, but while we add to our project KPFs (it's already a long list with Comben and Xerri), whose actually going to play the position if Larkey gets hurt? I don't mind another one, but if we're taking two rookies, I'd be taking a DFA who's been on the park

I get that we are building for the future, but while we add to our project KPFs (it's already a long list with Comben and Xerri), whose actually going to play the position if Larkey gets hurt? I don't mind another one, but if we're taking two rookies, I'd be taking a DFA who's been on the park

I wouldn't mind a more ready to go KPF for the reasons you mentioned but I think even with Xerri turning 22 before Round 1, it is time to look at a project ruck given the relative hit/miss rate with that type

A little off topic and fatherly sounding but how impressive were those young men when they were being interviewed. Other than overusing "stoked" they were all well grounded and respectful.

I really liked how Connor Downie and his family immediately started celebrating even before confirmation of which club he was going to (i.e. bid match)
Just genuine joy for being selected to play AFL level footy.

The Archie Perkins type would have shat a brick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back