Game Day Draft Day 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Neale compared to Rhys Stanley.... :/
So he's going to be a c-grader bouncing between the VFL and AFL

I'm surprised and slightly disappointed that we didn't move around in the draft. Maybe there was someone we didn't feel we needed to move up to or didn't want to sell the farm

I feel the same but the other way around. I love value town?

Oh you want this pick for a certain player? Pay up.

Heres where we redraft Mason Wood:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it’s analytics, it can’t be anyone other than Carroll.

Cunnington (A Grade/with major weakness) will be 30 next year.
Anderson (B Grade) will be 27 next year
Dumont (B Grade) wil e 26 next year
Polec (B Grade) is 28.
Tyson (B Grade?) will be 28 next year
Hall (B/C Grade) is 30.

Simpkin (balanced mid)
LDU (balanced mid)

Thomas (mid/forward)
Taylor (mid/forward)
Stephenson (mid/forward)
Scott (mid/forward)

We are going to be seeing a change of the guard, there are a few in the top group who were contracted and probably wont be on the list next year like Tyson and Hall. Cunnington will likely be retiring soon, I would imagine a lower interchange quickening of the game isn't going to suit him. We don't know if anyone in the bottom group will make it as a core mids, could see a some develop more outside on the wings or play half-forward.

Phillips and Powell coming in are more A grade core mid type of players, so there is that potential of having Phillips, Powell, Simpkin and LDU as core A grade potential mids. I think it is going to give us that class over a wider group of players that we need.

Agree with above Tas. Barring misfortune LDU, Jy and Phillips are going to be superstars, all high picks, all smart footballers. Let’s just be conservative with Powell at the moment. Let’s also assume next year we’ll have another pick in the top 4 and again go for the best midfielder available, (and maybe even get a top liner via free agency). Whoosh all of a sudden we’ve just built an elite A grade midfield for the next decade, like Brisbane, WCE, Hawthorn and Geelong have had in recent times. Others you’ve mentioned above will be on the periphery of the midfield but still valuable in their own right. Then after next year start adding your KP defs/fwds and mercurial types. Well that’s my rebuild theory, build your elite midfield then build your KP stocks. I really like what we’ve done tonight. Definitely is a changing of the guard coming up so hopefully our oldies Goldie, Ziebel, Cunnington and Tarrant can stay fit and healthy for another 2-3 years at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back