Game Day Draft day 2022 - Its Here!! Live Chat Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnett and Burgiel was my dream scenario after night one. Can't believe its happened to be honest and Long is a ripper to get that late.

Tyrell and Baker we get as Cat B's. Would not mind Szybkowski or D'Aloia if still available tomorrow

Don't think the non NGA linked key forward talent is good enough. Maybe Petric as a third tall with high upside

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mmmm gotta say I completely disagree with this - knowing how long rucks take to develop, and having seen Bailey Williams Jamieson play, we desperately need Nic's long term replacement and we need him now. Thank god the club had sense enough to take Barnett!
This, old bot and me were absolutely hoping that wed choose a ruck then a spec mid / forward

Absolutely nailed this draft i feel.

Been a few years since i felt a draft class has a chance at immediately improving us both short and long term.

Im going with pick one short term, two and three long term and the last is pot luck.

PMBangers, I'm massively stumped on Mitch Szybkowski going undrafted in the ND. Any thoughts on why?
I didn't think he was one dimensional inside mid, thought he was quite good on the outside with his ball use, especially going inside F50.
I'm disappointed because I really like him, but even I knew it was more likely to come in the rookie if at all. Does a lot of the fundsmentals really well but every area of improvement for him is pretty much the stuff that's hard to improve on and I'd becoming increasingly more important to be a successful mid at AFL level. The only thing I think he has real control of that he needed to improve was his endurance, but outside of that it's hard to improve on speed, leap, agility and general explosiveness in a significant way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t know anything about these kids and don’t care to learn until Round 1.

To come away from the draft with three mids, a ruck, and a project KPF is a big tick in my books. Well done team.
By KPF you mean small forward yeah

We didn’t draft a KPF

So we've taken;

2 x inside mids (Ginbey, Hewitt)
1 x ruck (Barnett)
2 x wing/flanker (Burgiel, Baker)
2 x small forward (Long, Dewar)

Key forward and half back only real missing areas, Rookie draft options could be;

• Will Verrell from SA, only real Key fwd left
  • Gilbey high quality half back
  • Cleaver

Otherwise Mitch Szybkowski is probably available, but we now have plenty of inside mids. Jed Hagan is another talented player, we could consider as a another fwd who can play back.

I'd probably take Gilbey, worth a rookie spot and if he gets fit is exactly what we need - pace, run and carry and beautiful kick off half back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back