List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 #2: Rankine / Lukosius / Rozee / Hately, I'm knocking Woodcock out the box, daily!

Predict the Adelaide board's melt level after the draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon the real excitement and biggest talking point after the 1st night of the draft will be who we are going to take with #21 given there's going to be some very good players that have slipped through the 1st round and the 15 hour time lapse.

Totally agree, there will be some sliders only based on others selected before, like Higgins last year. Its definitely going to be a big talking point on here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Might depend on what port think they need?
Let’s say he makes to 13 which isn’t unreasonable but take someone else (maybe Jones), he only needs to get freo and port. Port could overlook him for someone with more pace, and who knows what freo will do.
You’re telling me there’s a chance?

To score with Margot Robbie that is! :D

Neither of whom were even a remote possibility at the time to be available at our picks until Charlie Curnow got pissed, drove through a stop sign and got pulled up and arrested by VicPol for failing to comply with a breathalyser request right before draft week. Subsequently charged for DUI along with several other related offences resulting in the loss off his driving licence for 2 years.

Pick #9 in 2015 only became available after Dangerfield's defection.

I'd love Jack Lukosius and Nick Blakey in this draft too but that's just wishful thinking with where our picks are situated.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-...now-held-by-police-after-refusing-breath-test

TOP-FIVE draft prospect Charlie Curnow has apologised after being arrested for allegedly refusing a preliminary breath test.
Curnow was arrested after being pulled over by police in the Geelong area at about 3.30am on Friday.
He said in a statement issued by the AFL on Friday afternoon. "I have done the wrong thing.
"I've behaved badly and let people down. I take full responsibility for my actions, I am extremely remorseful and I will accept the consequences."
Draft profile: Meet Charlie Curnow

The 18-year-old, from the Geelong Falcons, has been linked to Melbourne (pick No.3) and Essendon (picks four and five) ahead of Tuesday's NAB AFL Draft in Adelaide.

"Police arrested an 18-year-old for being drunk in a public place after he was pulled over by police in the Greater Geelong area around 3.30 this morning," a Victoria Police spokesperson told AFL.com.au.

"The teen allegedly refused a preliminary breath test.

"It expected he will be charged on summons with a number offences."
It is understood Curnow was released from Geelong police station around 6am.

Presumably Wayno left the links off his posts so we couldn’t date check him

It's a funny feeling this year, I don't feel like the top 8 are locked in at all.

Combination of us having earlier picks than usual and the hope that we can snare one of the top SA lads.

Ha
Right from the getgo Milera looked a half back/wing/midfielder more than a forward. Yet he was played forward early to get him games and a lot I think just assumed indigenous player, small forward and when he wasn’t setting the world alight, wrote him off. He was always going to take a little time to settle into AFL position.

Kid has a heap of talent though and will be looking forward to see what he can produce next season.
Have to agree with this as I was one but like most we wanted to keep him to give him a chance.

http://www.hpnfooty.com/?p=31294

Would be pretty happy with that haul!

I wouldn't be. What turns out to be 1 good pick, 1 ok pick, and 2 mediocre picks, we should be using them to move up to a great pick to make up for the McGovern capitulation. It's a rare opportunity, the assets are there, and the talent being local is just an added bonus. We don't need another four 200 game "stalwart" Richard Douglas, David Mackay, Matt Crouch, or Nathan van Berlo, we can get more players like that without straining ourselves every year. We need a league transcending, superstar match winner in one body.

Presumably Wayno left the links off his posts so we couldn’t date check him
The post where Bicks asked Wayne (only poster I've bothered blocking) if he's related to Curnow kind of exposes that Bicks didn't rate Curnow.

For someone who clearly spends hundreds of hours watching videos of boys playing footy he's got yawning holes in his judgement. How anyone could see Milera's movement through traffic and not realise he reads the game steps ahead like only a select few is baffling.

I wouldn't be. What turns out to be 1 good pick, 1 ok pick, and 2 mediocre picks, we should be using them to move up to a great pick to make up for the McGovern capitulation. It's a rare opportunity, the assets are there, and the talent being local is just an added bonus. We don't need another four 200 game "stalwart" Richard Douglas, David Mackay, Matt Crouch, or Nathan van Berlo, we can get more players like that without straining ourselves every year. We need a league transcending, superstar match winner in one body.
We need another Milera. What pick was he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The post where Bicks asked Wayne (only poster I've bothered blocking) if he's related to Curnow kind of exposes that Bicks didn't rate Curnow.

For someone who clearly spends hundreds of hours watching videos of boys playing footy he's got yawning holes in his judgement. How anyone could see Milera's movement through traffic and not realise he reads the game steps ahead like only a select few is baffling.

The problem with Milera isn’t that he lacks positives, he’s obviously talented, but the very real criticisms were his aversion to putting his body on the line.

People worried about that weren’t doubting his talent.

Thankfully those concerns seems to me, to have been ironed out of his game, leaving more focus on his undoubted ability

The problem with Milera isn’t that he lacks positives, he’s obviously talented, but the very real criticisms were his aversion to putting his body on the line.

People worried about that weren’t doubting his talent.

Thankfully those concerns seems to me, to have been ironed out of his game, leaving more focus on his undoubted ability

He also has issues with his decision making, which haven't been ironed out yet

This Rozee to the Saints rubbish has clearly been leaked by the Saints in order to increase the likelihood that either us or Port will pony up to trade for pick 4 IMO.

St Kilda are not drafting Rozee. Bookmark it. They want Max King, but they know that neither Port or Adelaide have Max as high on their boards (ie the two SA clubs definitely both have Rankine higher, and i’d strongly suggest Port have Rozee higher than M King too). Gold Coast probably don’t intend to take M King either because they’re blatantly taking Lukosius, and you probably wouldn’t take 2x key forwards with 2 picks inside the top 6 when Bailey Smith, Izak Rankine and best mate of Lukosius, Conor Rozee, are staring you in the face.

The Saints therefore know they can get Max at pick 6. They might even be able to get him at 7 or 8. But definitely at 6.

This is all about the Saints still grabbing M King with their first pick, but trying to convince both us and Port that they need to trade up to get Rozee.

Port probably won’t bother budging because they’re guaranteed one of Rankine, Rozee or B Smith as it is (or B King if they want to go that way). I can’t see Port trading any of their picks under any circumstances really.

We might bite though if Hamish is super keen on Rozee. That’s a big IF, because it’s really not widely known exactly where we rate Rozee in this draft pool. Maybe we rate him 4th? Maybe we’re not that keen?

I wonder what the current odds are of at least one top 10 Pick actually changing hands from this point onwards. Could go either way I feel.

This Rozee to the Saints rubbish has clearly been leaked by the Saints in order to increase the likelihood that either us or Port will pony up to trade for pick 4 IMO.

St Kilda are not drafting Rozee. Bookmark it. They want Max King, but they know that neither Port or Adelaide have Max as high on their boards (ie the two SA clubs definitely both have Rankine higher, and i’d strongly suggest Port have Rozee higher than M King too). Gold Coast probably don’t intend to take M King either because they’re blatantly taking Lukosius, and you probably wouldn’t take 2x key forwards with 2 picks inside the top 6 when Bailey Smith, Izak Rankine and best mate of Lukosius, Conor Rozee, are staring you in the face.

The Saints therefore know they can get Max at pick 6. They might even be able to get him at 7 or 8. But definitely at 6.

This is all about the Saints still grabbing M King with their first pick, but trying to convince both us and Port that they need to trade up to get Rozee.

Port probably won’t bother budging because they’re guaranteed one of Rankine, Rozee or B Smith as it is (or B King if they want to go that way). I can’t see Port trading any of their picks under any circumstances really.

We might bite though if Hamish is super keen on Rozee. That’s a big IF, because it’s really not widely known exactly where we rate Rozee in this draft pool. Maybe we rate him 4th? Maybe we’re not that keen?

I wonder what the current odds are of at least one top 10 Pick actually changing hands from this point onwards. Could go either way I feel.

I think Rozee will be there at 7 and very possibly even get through to us at 8. The Kings are just too good to pass up as is Bailey Smith. Rozee is an unreal prospect. I think he can even play as an onballer. But when you compare him to the others in that group he and Rankine are the two that are not guaranteed to be either KPPs or onballers. Rankine is a different type of special talent. Rozee is more your typical outside mid or half back/half forward.

I just think clubs are going to want to bank those key positions or guaranteed onballers. Caldwell is being talked about by some as not dissimilar to your Walsh or Smith.

Do you take Rozee hoping that he will be more than a wing man/half forward or do you bank a KPP or a more proven onballer?

I like our chances of getting Rozee where we are. I am not even sure if we wouldn’t be better off if it’s Caldwell that falls to us. If it’s a King brother then bloody hell, can we seriously complain about getting one of them instead of a half forward/wingman?

I am not trading our picks unless it guarantees us Rankine or Luko. Even then I’m not giving up a lot. Otherwise I am just looking forward to which future gun comes to our club at 8.

Have you seen any of the 4 players selected ??

Good to see you're running with the capitulation line still, means we did very well

What a wrotten nights sleep .....you know, when you can't drop off, thinking about all the top 15 permutations

53dfd500d547558a0d736ea7_gif-bigbangtheory-penny-laptop-help.gif

He also has issues with his decision making, which haven't been ironed out yet
Whilst this is true to an extent, the kid hasn't played 50 games yet. Kids make poor decisions at times

Yes all makes sense .....one of the permutations could be Saints taking Smith though ....we know that both King Twins are very close, it's not out of the question that both Port and Adelaide take a King Brother each ??

Walsh
Lukosius
Rankine
Smith
Max / Ben King (Port)
Caldwell
Rozee
Ben / Max King (Adelaide)

:think:

I can't see why GC wont take the Smith Twins.

They then have two bookends you can build a team around. Both guys are nearly AFL ready in regards to their bodies and they naturally play roles they can make an impact with early in their AFL careers despite lack of quality around them.

Rankine will struggle big time up there given he will play a role that relies on quality around him. Look at Ben Ainsworth's development it has stalled bug time up there.

Luko is not a genuine KPF prospect IMO. I see him more like our Tom Lynch than the one they had. For them to take him is also a punt. I think he is a chance to end up another Cripps. Like Rankine I fear he will struggle up there as he will work best in a system where he can develop alongside other genuine sized KPF.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Whilst this is true to an extent, the kid hasn't played 50 games yet. Kids make poor decisions at times
Milera played last season as a 20 year old ......what 20 year old you know makes great "mature" decisions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back