List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 #2: Rankine / Lukosius / Rozee / Hately, I'm knocking Woodcock out the box, daily!

Predict the Adelaide board's melt level after the draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Kayo have an Android TV version? I know it's available for standard Android devices.
Not that I’m aware of ... I’ll use the Android Keo on my Minix Android player for now .... but it’s beta version and I’ll wait till they refine a couple of versions ... hopefully by the start of next season

If port gave up 5 and 10 to move up one spot to 4 after all theyve already given up to get to 5 it would be the stupidest move in AFL history.

Lets hope they do it!..
I am not sure that thats how to look at it. You say one spot but if Rankine is still there the trade up is not one spot its to to do two things. One is to stop us from pinching Rankine and the second is to gaurentee that they get Rankine. I know its still one spot that that move is a big improvement. However we dont miss out either because we might get the chance to take Rozee and with Port not having pick 10 we also get the chance to take Hately at 13.

Not that I’m aware of ... I’ll use the Android Keo on my Minix Android player for now .... but it’s beta version and I’ll wait till they refine a couple of versions ... hopefully by the start of next season
They didn't have one for Android TV last time I checked, but that was just after Kayo was announced. They may have added one, even a beta version, since I last checked.

I believe my NVidia media player can run normal Android apps. I just haven't bothered trying to figure out how. If/when I get Kayo, I will probably run it on the PC and use Chromecast to stream it to the media player (and thus the TV).

If Rankine is avaialble and they want him, Saints can say they will accept Crows 8 and 13 for 4.

Places Port between a Rocky and Motslops place.
Because if Port didnt we would with 8 and 13.
I suppose that's possible, but it still seems like too steep a price to me. You'd have to be very confident that Rankine is better than who they could get with 5 and 10 combined.

I just dont get it... hes a cm tallerr than boyd woodcock.. and woodcock is a tackling machine, who has averaged over 30 possesions a game, proven goal kicker and dominated against men in the SANFL finals series. And hes an SA boy.

But woodcocks gonna slide because hes only 177cm tall.. and adelaides gonna take a 178cm small forward from victoria who hasnt proven himself on the field against men over him???...

McHenry has played midfield almost exclusively for the last 2 years, he might start as a pressure forward but he'll be an AFL midfielder long term without a single doubt. Just go and watch the draft machine footage and look at the way he attacks and takes down the big blokes. The more I saw of him live right in front of me this year the more impressed I became.....there is not one player in this draft that matches his determination, not one.

Very simple, we can get 4
I can't see the logic from Port's perspective to trade 5 and 10 for 4. If Rankine was available at pick 4 and St Kilda offered that pick to Port it's because they're not interested in Rankine. So why would Port need to give up pick 10 to jump ahead of St Kilda knowing they don't want Rankine?

McHenry has played midfield almost exclusively for the last 2 years, he might start as a pressure forward but he'll be an AFL midfielder long term without a single doubt. Just go and watch the draft machine footage and look at the way he attacks and takes down the big blokes. The more I saw of him live right in front of me this year the more impressed I became.....there is not one player in this draft that matches his determination, not one.

He looks like an absolute pest of a player, something we don't have a lot of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I dont think I'll worry about draft predictions, its too complicated to do with the amount of knowledge I have on the draftees.

I will just add these two insights. After looking at vision of Luko and hearing the descriptions of what he's like as a player, the best comparison that drops into my mind is that he might end up like andrew embley. Embley was a tall wingman and although Luko is 5cm taller, since the comp has shifted a lot taller they would be on par if you get my meaning. Embley was incredibly athletic and had great skills.

Also, Bailey Williams, with all I've seen and heard about him, he reminds me of Matthew Kruezer the most. Kruezer has only turned out to be a middle of the road ruckman, and plenty that were better were cheaper, but considering he was at Carlton and has had a fair few injuries even being middle of the road is a fair achievement. 21 is perhaps a bit high but 25-35 would be alright for a middle of the road at worst possibly very good at best future ruckman.

I should also add I said earlier I didn't think Rankine would go in the top 10, but after hearing Haggis recent comments I think I may have got that one wrong.

I reckon Rozee will end up one of the best mids of this draft.

I would draft either King if they were available to us, we almost never get talls with that athleticism and footy nous early, god knows how far they could go and how good they could be in our system.

I will be comfortable even with 4 vics, though Bailey Smith is a definite no for me.

The piss weakness of other clubs when it comes to bidding is a sign of their lack of confidence in their own understanding of the talent order and by contrast our supreme confidence and skill when it comes to doing it (and trust and authority that management has put on the recruiting team).

That's the wrap from me, I'll be driving during the draft listening on the wireless, hope everyone has an enjoyable draft evening wherever they may be and whatever they may be doing.

Go Hamish. Go Crows.

Not sure how pick 8, 13 16 and 21 can only be A graders?
If pick 16 becomes 18 look at the odds and facts of a reasonable team drafting (exclude Carlton, Melbourne and probably should exclude St Kilda).

Pick 18 Rance, Shuey, Grundy and Heeney vs Pick 3 Martin & Brayshaw.

Pick 18
2007 Priority Richmond Alex Rance 199 9 31 AA: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018; B&F: 2015; Prem: 2017
2008 Priority West Coast Luke Shuey 177 128 70 B&F: 2016; Norm Smith: 2018; AA40: 2016; Prem: 2018
2009 Melbourne Luke Tapscott 48 12 0
2010 Carlton Matthew Watson 23 10 0
2011 North Melbourne Brad McKenzie 37 6 0
2012 Collingwood Brodie Grundy 108 36 26 AA: 2018; B&F: 2018
2013 St Kilda Luke Dunstan 85 41 3
2014 Sydney Isaac Heeney 80 79 18 AFLCA Young: 2016; AFLPA 1st: 2015
2015 St Kilda Jade Gresham 62 76 1

Pick 3
2007 West Coast Chris Masten 198 67 25 Prem: 2018
2008 Fremantle Stephen Hill 203 111 36 AFLCA Young: 2010; AA40: 2015
2009 Richmond Dustin Martin 201 218 153 AA: 2016, 2017, 2018; Brownlow: 2017; MVP: 2017; AFLCA: 2017; B&F: 2016, 2017; Ayres: 2017; Norm Smith: 2017; Prem: 2017
2010 Gold Coast Sam Day 110 74 3
2011 GWS Dom Tyson 107 (13) 44 20
2012 GWS Lachie Plowman 73 (20) 1 0
2013 St Kilda Jack Billings 85 64 17
2014 Melbourne Angus Brayshaw 58 28 21
2015 NSW Zone Sydney Callum Mills 55 2 3 Rising Star: 2016; AFLPA 1st: 2016

Does anyone have an idea of what time the actual selecting starts? I'm bowling tonight and can't really get home until half an hour after the telecast starts on foxtel.

I think selections start being made about 6:30pm SA time.

Final thoughts of what will go down tonight. This is really hard with the live trading in place so I expect it to be way off

1: Carl - Walsh
2: GC - Lukosius
3: GC - Rankine
4: St K - M King
5: Syd - Blakey
6: PA - Rozee
7: GC - B King
8: WB - Smith
9: Adel - Caldwell
10: GWS - Jones
11: PA - Clark
12: GWS - Hately
13: NM - Thomas
14: Geel - Butters
15: Coll - Quaynor
16: Adel - RCD
17: Freo - Sturt
18: PA - Hill
19: GWS - Briggs
20: Adel - Duursma
21: Rich - McHenry
22: Bris - O’Halloran
23: Haw - Stocker (trade with GWS)

Final thoughts of what will go down tonight. This is really hard with the live trading in place so I expect it to be way off

1: Carl - Walsh
2: GC - Lukosius
3: GC - Rankine
4: St K - M King
5: Syd - Blakey
6: PA - Rozee
7: GC - B King
8: WB - Smith
9: Adel - Caldwell
10: GWS - Jones
11: PA - Clark
12: GWS - Hately
13: NM - Thomas
14: Geel - Butters
15: Coll - Quaynor
16: Adel - RCD
17: Freo - Sturt
18: PA - Hill
19: GWS - Briggs
20: Adel - Duursma
21: Rich - McHenry
22: Bris - O’Halloran
23: Haw - Stocker (trade with GWS)

Knowing virtually nothing about draft prospects, compared to most, I wouldn’t be entirely unhappy with that haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back