List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 #2: Rankine / Lukosius / Rozee / Hately, I'm knocking Woodcock out the box, daily!

Predict the Adelaide board's melt level after the draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has Port trading 9 (Polec trade) and 10 to Fremantle with Freo trading Neale to Brisbane and Brisbane trading 4 to Port so Port can get Rozee (with Lukosuis and Rankine predicted to be top 3 picks).

Of course Rankine will be there if the Suns decide to go Lukosuis/Rozee like predicted.
Port getting screwed there IMO. I like it

I said it on here awhile ago that Port are going in hard for Rankine. They are going all in to try and get the pick they need to get him.
The only reason they floated Wingards name around was to get a pick from either St Kilda or WB for him which might get them Rankine. Now he is talking to Hawthorn, they arnt as interested.
Just watch them beat us to the punch.

This is a great top 30 draft apparently and there are quality non sa players available.
Shouldn't be so fixated on those 3-4 sa kids at the top.

Don't think our depth is good enough to just waste top 30 picks in trying to get one 'gun' sa kid.
Put your money where your mouth is. 3 kids we should select from pick 8-30

Then lets see in 3 years

I said it on here awhile ago that Port are going in hard for Rankine. They are going all in to try and get the pick they need to get him.
The only reason they floated Wingards name around was to get a pick from either St Kilda or WB for him which might get them Rankine. Now he is talking to Hawthorn, they arnt as interested.
It was clear as day. Theyre an annoying thorn in Crows side wanting to get the highly rated SA boys. Mind you Id love to get Rozee and let them have Rankine.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone do McAdam, 24 AND 25?

Feels light, but I wonder what the two picks could do for upgrades?

It does feel a little light. I'd consider it but only if the assisted in pushing us up the draft order.

Something like: McGovern for 24, 25 and McAdam* (or any state league player our recruiting team sees fit).

Then trade say pick 15 & 24 to move up the order? I don't know who or how but if I was Adelaide I would not do the first deal without the second deal in place.

They are cutting off their nose to spite their face then. They need quantity of player and with picks 9 & 10 they can bring in 2 very talented players. They are losing polec and will also lose a top 10 pick to hope to get rankine. Even if we can't trade up and mcgovern goes for a mid 1st rounder, we have 4 picks inside top 20 and will bring in 4 very good players to ports 1. Of we can trade up above them we get luko and still likely have some top 20 picks left over. I would much rather be in our position than theirs

Means very little really, if they want to trade out 2 of their best players to get an 18yo kid, then good luck to them.

They wont "beat us to the punch", we don't rate him as highly as they do.

So its effectively Polec and 9 for pick 4. If you were in their position would you do 9 and McGovern for 4?

I wonder if Brisbane would be keen?

Adelaide Pick 19 and Carlton pick 24 and 25 for pick 4 and 22

So basically Mitch McGovern and pick 19 for McAdam and pick 4.

19, 24 and 25 ———> Brisbane
Pick 4 & pick 22——-> Adelaide
Mitch McGovern ——> Carlton

If you are Brisbane, why on earth would you even consider that trade?

Pick 4 is worth more then three 2nd rounders.

See I disagree.

I think the Lions have enough high end talent on their list to compete, now they need to start spreading their talent out to build a premiership squad.

3 top 30 picks will help increase that depth they need to become a premiership threat.

No club has "enough high end talent" ever, and equally, finding role players is an easy thing.

Not something you give up said high end talent for, that's just silly.

They've got the player that Rankine projects to be in the prime age bracket currently but haven't got anywhere close to what they should have out of him, and now they are shopping him around to get the hyped up 18 year old and are going to do it all over again. All the while they have heaps of holes in their list elsewhere. Carlton will go past them before they know it unless they make some incredibly good drafting and recruiting decisions in the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back