List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 #2: Rankine / Lukosius / Rozee / Hately, I'm knocking Woodcock out the box, daily!

Predict the Adelaide board's melt level after the draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Were you close to average height this season?

181i6s.jpg

Just to back up my post regarding Port desperately wanting a high pick for Rankine...

- Hinkley says on AA that they wont sell the farm and multiple picks is better than putting hopes into one player. (Lie)

- Then story comes out that theyre willing to trade Wingard even tho he didnt want out. Instagram etc saying dont believe everything you read.

- Port still encourage him to test his market value, ala Hartlett.

- Media leaks from Port pushing for Saints pick. Saints then say nah were after Hannas.

- Media leaks from Port pushing for Dogs pick. Besties with Trengrove blah blah.

- Hawks say yeah! We're keen and Wingard is interested now hes annoyed with Port.

- Port media leak that they will get Freos pick now in a multi club trade involving Melb and Hogan.

Meanwhile Crows are quietly going about their business. Port are desperate to get hold of Rankine. Its been funny watching them put up the likes of Polec and Wingard, their better players, just so they can cling onto the fact they get Rankine. They really s**t the bed with their trading last year and are paying for it now.

Although its funny watching them fluff their way through this, im not getting too worried about them. We still have a great draft hand this year. Will only get better with Gov leaving potentially. But we have one thing no other club has and thats Hamish O who I have complete confidence in.

Rant over.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, because it doesn't allow us to bundle to a top 10-12 pick .....remember with all the father/son picks & academy picks ...these two picks will end up a minimum of #28 & #25

IMO Carltons 2019 first round pick comes into play and we may return them this years #19 (22)
24 and 25 should get you Sydney's pick. They need points, and pick 12 is 1200pts and those two add up to 1500+.

Probably alone on this, but yes I would.
Yeah. I’m with you. Assuming McAdam is someone we’d actually want, then I certainly wouldn’t discount that. It values Gov at pick 8ish (points wise), plus a player we rate. Five picks inside the top 25 isn’t something to be sneezed at... assuming we have five spots to fill on our list.

Plus, it gives us some currency to follow through on any trades we might be looking at (Preuss, the small Tiger forward - if those rumours are true). I don’t know. If we can’t get ourselves into the top 3-5, then I’d be open to it. Nail 3 or 4 of those 5 picks and the club is in a healthy state 5 years from now.

Are we concentrating too much on the SA kids in the draft? We have plenty of players born interstate currently playing for us, and plenty who have finished their careers with us. Perhaps it is our interviewing process that needs some work? Maybe a psychologist to try determine how loyal / money orientated / how much of a mummies boy these guys are before we pick them.I can imagine Gunstons ink blot test, every shapee reminds him of his mum

If Port sell the farm to jump us and get Rankine, so be it. Going in to the draft with 8, 15, 19 and the Gov trade is a great hand and one that can really help us avoid a bottom-out rebuild.

Meanwhile Port are running out of farms to sell.

Last edited:
They've got the player that Rankine projects to be in the prime age bracket currently but haven't got anywhere close to what they should have out of him, and now they are shopping him around to get the hyped up 18 year old and are going to do it all over again. All the while they have heaps of holes in their list elsewhere. Carlton will go past them before they know it unless they make some incredibly good drafting and recruiting decisions in the next couple of years.
Firstly Rankine isnt anything like Wingard. Secondly, Wingard is 2 x AA, so its a big rich to say they havent got the best out of him. That would be like someone saying we never got the best out of Tex, or that Talia has gone backwards since his AA caps.
Lets not kid ourselves here. While everyone here was saying that Port wasnt interested in giving up multiple picks to go after Rankine cos someone said it on the radio, they were quietly working behind the shadows trying to do what they have to to get him.
Rozee is more like Wingard than Rankine is.

Are we concentrating too much on the SA kids in the draft? We have plenty of players born interstate currently playing for us, and plenty who have finished their careers with us. Perhaps it is our interviewing process that needs some work? Maybe a psychologist to try determine how loyal / money orientated / how much of a mummies boy these guys are before we pick them.

If Port sell the farm to jump us and get Rankine, so be it. Going in to the draft with 8, 15, 19 and the Gov trade is a great hand and one that can really help us avoid a bottom-out rebuild.

Meanwhile Port are running out of farms to sell.
Surely you jest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. I’m with you. Assuming McAdam is someone we’d actually want, then I certainly wouldn’t discount that. It values Gov at pick 8ish (points wise), plus a player we rate. Five picks inside the top 25 isn’t something to be sneezed at... assuming we have five spots to fill on our list.

Plus, it gives us some currency to follow through on any trades we might be looking at (Preuss, the small Tiger forward - if those rumours are true). I don’t know. If we can’t get ourselves into the top 3-5, then I’d be open to it. Nail 3 or 4 of those 5 picks and the club is in a healthy state 5 years from now.
Preuss has said he wants to go to Melbourne. Stengle is on a rookie spot and cant get a gig for Richmond.
These arnt priorities.
If we dont end up with one if Rozee, Rankine or Luko this has been a failure.
And I will enjoy reading all the posts of people saying that the club didnt rate them and that its better to pick Vic kids, while 6 months ago they were rubbing themselves in baby oil while thinking about getting one of the top SA kids.

Preuss has said he wants to go to Melbourne. Stengle is on a rookie spot and cant get a gig for Richmond.
These arnt priorities.
And I will enjoy reading all the posts of people saying that the club didnt rate them and that its better to pick Vic kids, while 6 months ago they were rubbing themselves in baby oil while thinking about getting one of the top SA kids.
Yeah. Just reading how Preuss is likely to end up at Melbourne... missed that one. The point still stands that those picks would provide trade currency, if needed. And calling a draft a failure/success is utterly pointless until well after the event. I’d be excited to get one or two of the top SA talent, but I’m not going to be too upset about it if we don’t. The draft is simply too unpredictable to make any sound judgments on it straight away.

Firstly Rankine isnt anything like Wingard. Secondly, Wingard is 2 x AA, so its a big rich to say they havent got the best out of him. That would be like someone saying we never got the best out of Tex, or that Talia has gone backwards since his AA caps.
Lets not kid ourselves here. While everyone here was saying that Port wasnt interested in giving up multiple picks to go after Rankine cos someone said it on the radio, they were quietly working behind the shadows trying to do what they have to to get him.
What was Wingard as a junior ?? Was quick, had elite touch and was freakish around goal. More than a couple of similarities there to Rankine. And Wingard AA in his second year of AFL football projects as a superstar and match winner. After his 2015 season he looked like the player that would bring years of terror to us in Showdowns as well as the entire competition. Since then he's done not a lot. They most definitely haven't got the most out of him. Not sure even many Port fans would disagree with that. If they want to move him on to get Rankine, then that's on them, but Wingard moving and going to a strong club that managed to really get him going again, Port would likely end up wondering why they moved him on and regret getting rid of him.

What was Wingard as a junior ?? Was quick, had elite touch and was freakish around goal. More than a couple of similarities there to Rankine. And Wingard AA in his second year of AFL football projects as a superstar and match winner. After his 2015 season he looked like the player that would bring years of terror to us in Showdowns as well as the entire competition. Since then he's done not a lot. They most definitely haven't got the most out of him. Not sure even many Port fans would disagree with that. If they want to move him on to get Rankine, then that's on them, but Wingard moving and going to a strong club that managed to really get him going again, Port would likely end up wondering why they moved him on and regret getting rid of him.
He didnt have Rankines speed, few do. Rankine has played in the midfield, wing, half forward and small forward. Wingard also didnt have the same level of peformances before being drafted. Rankine has shown far more than Wingard did.
Have you ever heard Chad referred to as being like Andrew McCloud?

Yeah. Just reading how Preuss is likely to end up at Melbourne... missed that one. The point still stands that those picks would provide trade currency, if needed. And calling a draft a failure/success is utterly pointless until well after the event. I’d be excited to get one or two of the top SA talent, but I’m not going to be too upset about it if we don’t. The draft is simply too unpredictable to make any sound judgments on it straight away.
Exhibit A - Doedee (from Vic, pick mid-teens)
Of course it’s better to have all the local SA talent, but there’s no guarantee of a fail if we get some interstate lads.

I said it on here awhile ago that Port are going in hard for Rankine. They are going all in to try and get the pick they need to get him.
The only reason they floated Wingards name around was to get a pick from either St Kilda or WB for him which might get them Rankine. Now he is talking to Hawthorn, they arnt as interested.
Just watch them beat us to the punch.

Really stupid if true, Wingard is quality. Rankine could be a bust, nobody knows. Best to keep what is proven

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

These arnt priorities.
I agree the pear will get Rankine and it will make me sick :sick:

We don't on-trade anything, it's not our problem. We take finished product thank you.

Well I'd be more than happy to have Carlton's future first in our arsenal of picks either way. Whether the club wants to try and use it in this draft and on-trade it, or they feel they're happy to sit on it to select some elite talent next year is up to Haggis

What Port appears to be doing with Wingard looks a complete disaster to me.

We aren't talking about a moderately good player here, Chad was a star of the competition, elite in every way.

By the age of 22 he's a 2 x AA and club champion. That's a player tracking toward Hall of Fame territory if he stays on that trajectory.

He's only 25 and played 147 games, but for some reason he's hit a brick wall in the last 3 years. So now they want to trade him in for an untried kid? That is a massive failing on their part and they haven't got anything like what they could have based on his start.

God help all of us if he gets to Hawthorn. Wingard is a bona fide, match winning star, but something has obviously gone wrong over there. Surely you stick with him and fix the issues as they've not got the best out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back