List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 : Rankine/Lukosius/Rozee/Hately etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if Pyke will prioritise speed over Haggis' best choice this draft, much like we did with Gooch?

If that's the case, I'd love a draft of

Rozee
Rankine
Jones
Sparrow

All quick blokes, able to win there own ball and hit the scoreboard. Completely changes the dynamic of our list.

Would be interesting to see where recruiters currently rate Bicks boy, Tom Berry, feel like he is in a bit of no man's land with his injury woes. Could be a value pick ala McPherson is a club gets extra lucky late.

I'm wondering if Pyke will prioritise speed over Haggis' best choice this draft, much like we did with Gooch?

Rozee
Rankine
Jones
Sparrow

All quick blokes, able to win there own ball and hit the scoreboard. Completely changes the dynamic of our list.

Would be interesting to see where recruiters currently rate Bicks boy, Tom Berry, feel like he is in a bit of no man's land with his injury woes. Could be a value pick ala McPherson is a club gets extra lucky late.
I don't know where recruiters rate Berry but I'd be fairly confident he'd be the equal of or better than those mentioned speedwise and agility wise. At this year's TAC pre-season testing he did a 2.9 20m and 7.9 agility test....and he can certainly win his own ball, even more hard nosed than brother Jarrod. Just for the record Chayce Jones isn't overly quick but he more than compensates for that with his footy smarts.

Oscar Chapman out of the reserves grand final with what's reported as a fracture in the navicular bone, likely dashes his hopes of getting drafted as an over ager.

GRAND FINAL North Adelaide V Norwood

Sunday 23 September 11:25am at Adelaide Oval

Strato Agorastos James Craig Chris Barns
Keanu Miller Liam Verity Leigh Ryswyk
Brayden Kirk James Schwarz Jared Deep
Frazer Driscoll Sam Wundke Dylan Aldridge
Lee Minervini Ben Darrou Matt Appleton
Ruck - Ben Oborn, Max Lower, Frank Szekely

Interchange - Mitch Marini, Tom Matsouliadis, Jay O'Leary

In - James Craig, Leigh Ryswyk, Tom Matsouliadis

Out - Oscar Chapman (Foot), Matt McDonough (League), Mark Quinn (Wrist)

Oscar Chapman out of the reserves grand final with what's reported as a fracture in the navicular bone, likely dashes his hopes of getting drafted as an over ager.

GRAND FINAL North Adelaide V Norwood

Sunday 23 September 11:25am at Adelaide Oval

Strato Agorastos James Craig Chris Barns
Keanu Miller Liam Verity Leigh Ryswyk
Brayden Kirk James Schwarz Jared Deep
Frazer Driscoll Sam Wundke Dylan Aldridge
Lee Minervini Ben Darrou Matt Appleton
Ruck - Ben Oborn, Max Lower, Frank Szekely

Interchange - Mitch Marini, Tom Matsouliadis, Jay O'Leary

In - James Craig, Leigh Ryswyk, Tom Matsouliadis

Out - Oscar Chapman (Foot), Matt McDonough (League), Mark Quinn (Wrist)
That's a pity for the lad. I don't think he would have got a gig anyway but there is something about him that I really like. Would definately be a risk but I just have a feeling that if things work for him he could have a really high ceiling. Reads the flight beautifully and really high points it. Kick is sound and he has that Gunston build that could really develop.

Rozee
Rankine
Jones
Sparrow

Not bad , tallest guy there is 184 Rozee

Prob be a bit of a balance of types but don’t mind it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know where recruiters rate Berry but I'd be fairly confident he'd be the equal of or better than those mentioned speedwise and agility wise. At this year's TAC pre-season testing he did a 2.9 20m and 7.9 agility test....and he can certainly win his own ball, even more hard nosed than brother Jarrod. Just for the record Chayce Jones isn't overly quick but he more than compensates for that with his footy smarts.
Yeah Chayce was just a pick in that list of potentially best available at ~24 (Carltons pick). I've watched a fair bit of footage and I just rate how he goes about it. Don't think his kicking is as bad as some people say, but his two way running and defensive side to his game will be good imo.

Yeah Berry has that explosive pace, you've seen a he'll of a lot more of him than I have. Has just had an injury riddled year, so hard to place?
Speed

But it’s always unlikely to pick 4 blokes in same height bracket , won’t happen

Agree with this also, just around our picks I'm not seeing a heap of talls available. Bailey Williams or Ben King probably a couple, then the late prospects like Munn, Grundy etc etc. For what it's worth, I'd like Munn late. Grundy as a rookie could go ok as well.

That was assuming our draft picks fall somewhere like

2x top 10 (trading Melbourne and McGovern pick)

Early second (Carlton)

Pick ~38

I cbf doing all the hypothetical trades but yeah, that's it.

To half time Stingers mids Sam Fletcher and Campbell Hustwaite dominated around the stoppages that quarter, Collier Dawkins quieter that quarter, Jack Ross and Will Kelly best for the Chargers so far. Under ager Matt Rowell very impressive.

Last edited:
To half time Stingers mids Sam Fletcher and Campbell Hustwaite dominated around the stoppages that quarter, Collier Dawkins quieter that quarter, Jack Ross and Will Kelly best for the Chargers so far. Under ager Matt Rowell very impressive.
Reckon Collier D most influential player on the ground first half

Watching the game, agree that Sturt has a bit of Fritsch about him. His game has a bit of Hayward to it too, albeit without the mass goals that Will kicked in his draft year

Rowell, Williams and Anderson are gonna be scary next year

RCD best on for mine, Sam Fletcher I like as a gritty, accumulating mid, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back