15. Kansas City
16. New Orleans
17. Cincinnati
18. Dallas (via Buffalo)
19. Jacksonville
20. Baltimore
21-32. Pending Playoff Results

Woodson said:
The PRESSURE of picking the 'right guy' is nothing to be excited about. Take a look at the honour list of some that haven't exactly gone on. Notably Cleveland !
http://football.about.com/od/nfldrafthistory/l/bl_draftfirst.htm

Yep... unlike the AFL, high picks in the NFL can be as much a curse as a benefit because of the incredibly high salaries you have to pay them. If you end up with the next Ryan Leaf it sets your club back years because of the huge signing bonuses you have to give out. For those who don't know his story, check out...

The Sad Case of Ryan Leaf

Man.....it sounds like Ryan Leaf would even be better than the shmuck QBs we have at the Dolphins!!!!

LMAO :D

Maybe he'd consider coming on down to next pre-season camp!!

COOL-A-ROO said:
Man.....it sounds like Ryan Leaf would even be better than the shmuck QBs we have at the Dolphins!!!!

How about Kurt Warner ??

coasting said:
1. San Francisco :D
2. Miami
3. Cleveland
4. Chicago
5. Tampa Bay
6. Tennessee
7. Oakland
8. Arizona
9. Washington
10. Detroit
11. Dallas
12. San Diego (via New York Giants)
13. Houston
14. Carolina
15. Kansas City
16. New Orleans
17. Cincinnati
18. Dallas (via Buffalo)
19. Jacksonville
20. Baltimore
21-32. Pending Playoff Results
St. Louis and Minnesota could move into the draft ahead of Dallas (via Bills), Jacksonville, and Baltimore at positions 18 & 19 if they lose their 1st playoff game - due to 8-8 regular season records. For the purpose of the draft, a playoff loss counts as half a win so either team could finish with an 8.5 - 8 record and draft before all 9 -7 teams. It is done this way only to insure that it keeps a team that makes the playoffs drafting after a team that did not make the playoffs when each had identical regular season records.

Pick 6?? Oh man! I knew we should have dropped that last match to the Lions. What's one more loss after coming off 5 in a row? We would have got pick 2 had we lost that game instead. However, in light of the Leaf testimony, maybe it's better to have less pressure heaped on us :)

LoneStar said:
St. Louis and Minnesota could move into the draft ahead of Dallas (via Bills), Jacksonville, and Baltimore at positions 18 & 19 if they lose their 1st playoff game - due to 8-8 regular season records. For the purpose of the draft, a playoff loss counts as half a win so either team could finish with an 8.5 - 8 record and draft before all 9 -7 teams. It is done this way only to insure that it keeps a team that makes the playoffs drafting after a team that did not make the playoffs when each had identical regular season records.

Well, I got this from CBSSportsline.com, maybe I read it wrong?

"Draft positions 1-20 are determined by record, the team with the worst record during the regular season picks first and so on. If two teams have the same record, the strength of schedule tie-breaker is used which is the combined winning percentage of all teams on each team's schedule for the current season. If teams are still tied after strength of schedule has been applied, the division or conference tie breakers are used. If teams are still tied after applying all tiebreakers or if two teams are tied that are in different conferences, a coin toss after the season will determnine which team gets priority.

Playoff teams fill out positions 21-32 based on the round in which they exit the playoffs."

COOL-A-ROO said:

No actually, I would say even AJ Feeley is better than Ryan Leaf. Feeley has a 61.7 career passer rating while Leaf has a 50.0 career passer rating.

coasting said:
Well, I got this from CBSSportsline.com, maybe I read it wrong?

"Draft positions 1-20 are determined by record, the team with the worst record during the regular season picks first and so on. If two teams have the same record, the strength of schedule tie-breaker is used which is the combined winning percentage of all teams on each team's schedule for the current season. If teams are still tied after strength of schedule has been applied, the division or conference tie breakers are used. If teams are still tied after applying all tiebreakers or if two teams are tied that are in different conferences, a coin toss after the season will determnine which team gets priority.

Playoff teams fill out positions 21-32 based on the round in which they exit the playoffs."
No you read it correctly BUT it does not take into account that some teams in one conference (AFC in 2004) could miss the playoffs and finish with a better record (9-7) than teams in the other conference (NFC in 2004) that had a worse record (8-8) yet made the playoffs. Record is the primary determinate of draft order. In this case it is the Rams and Vikings at 8-8 that could draft before the AFC non-playoff teams (Bills-sent to Dallas, Jaguars, and Ravens) provided they lose their 1st round playoff games this weekend.
It is a quirky draft rule! It does not happen that often. They add that half a win to playoff teams so they don't draft before non-playoff teams with identical records to avoid the strength of schedule thing giving the draft advantage to a team that made the playoffs vs. team with same record that did not make the playoffs.

What sort of player do you guys think Miami need to pick up in the draft. Don't give me crap about needing a whole team and all that stuff but an honest answer.

IceTemple said:
What sort of player do you guys think Miami need to pick up in the draft. Don't give me crap about needing a whole team and all that stuff but an honest answer.
Dolphins need help on offense! Miami has a good WR - David Boston - that was injured all year and would be a big plus if he comes back healthy. There are rumours that at 6-2 & 240 lbs he is steroid laced, but nothing substantiated. He does have a history of dope smoking though. Mike Williams who last played at USC in 2003 is a good WR!
The QB position is loaded with under achievers, but the draft offers guys that would be some help 2 or 3 years down the line, not immediately. Nick Saban will have to find a guy he can live with! USC's Matt Leinart (if he comes out) and Utah's Alex Smith are the best possibilities, but 49ers need a QB and have 1st pick.
BUT if I had to guess, I'd say they most need a good RB to pick up the slack caused by Ricky Williams' love of hippy lettuce! Cedric Benson from Texas is a good prospect and i predict this is who the Dolphins will draft!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back