Brayden Fiorini

Position: Midfielder
D.O.B: 22/8/97
Height: 186cm
Weight: 75kg

Club: Northern Knights
State: Victoria
Plays Like: Sam Gibson

Finds a lot of space. Can find team mates effectively. Has above average endurance.

Not overly quick. Solid but lacks an x-factor, won’t win games off his own boot.

Yeah I really liked the video I just watched of him. Good kick and decision maker. Dont have to be fast if you can find space.

Another left foot back flanker
Whats with the glove
Maybe replacing Harbrow down the track
Gavin Wanganeen

Very solid pick up. Will be interested to see how his contested game develops but it seems he doesn't need to be a bash and crash mid to rack up touches as well as have influence. Bit of Pendlebury about his movement in congestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another outsider. Awesome :rolleyes:

At least he is a left footer. Looks like he works hard off the ball as well.

2 years ago when we had our full list to chose from we where no.1 for contested possession in the comp , those boys back along with Hallahan and Lonergan is heaps imo . This kids highlights reel looks impressive , really adding depth in this midfield now.

2 years ago when we had our full list to chose from we where no.1 for contested possession in the comp , those boys back along with Hallahan and Lonergan is heaps imo . This kids highlights reel looks impressive , really adding depth in this midfield now.

There's a decent balance there now of inside and outside players. We do really need a tall contested mid soon though (step on down Scheer).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess. I don't have a lot of faith in Lonergan, although he has shown improvement. Hallahan is so hit and miss as well. I'm just not overly confident. Having Jaeger, Dion, Swallow and Gaz playing together will obviously help though I guess.

It's hard to get a read on this guy. I think as an inside/outside mid he'll be very good for us, and it sounds like he played in that position later in the year in the TAC Cup. But the 'plays like Sam Gibson' is a huge turn off. I certainly hope not!

Gut tells me it's a smart pickup. He looks to make good decisions. Hoping to see how he goes in the NAB Cup.

Yeah I guess. I don't have a lot of faith in Lonergan, although he has shown improvement. Hallahan is so hit and miss as well. I'm just not overly confident. Having Jaeger, Dion, Swallow and Gaz playing together will obviously help though I guess.
I wasn't overly impressed by Hallahan til Gaz's return, he (Hallahan) went up a gear when he had quality support thru the middle.
Really looking forward to next season.

Yeah I really liked the video I just watched of him. Good kick and decision maker. Dont have to be fast if you can find space.
Could you please post the link, couldn't find a vid.. o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we see Fiorni as a winger or a inside mid who can potentially pinch hit up forward?

Do we see Fiorni as a winger or a inside mid who can potentially pinch hit up forward?
Clayton when interviewed said he saw both Fiorini and also, surprisingly, Ah Chee, as inside / outside mids down the track. The beauty of our side in another 2 or 3 years when the 1992 batch hit their prime is going to be the versatility and unpredictability of a midfield rotation with so many inside / outside onballers.

Was running rings around Ablett today!!
Jet!

image.jpg

Hi All, for those that frequent the D&T board, they’ll see I seem to have an unusual obsession with Fiorini, even before Collingwood was linked.

I need someone with more knowledge to knock it out of me or feed it. Is this kid an inside midfielder type who’ll help feed the runners?

I’m thinking that a side with Miller, Rowell and Anderson, he just hasn’t had the opportunities to fulfil his potential, or maybe that’s a cop out and that potential is non existent.

But then I think to myself, the Suns have paid him decent coin, so he must be a good, AFL quality player.

What are your thoughts on him? What are Collingwood potentially getting?

Back