Draft Pick 16: Thomas Sheridan

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: FFC Welcomes Pick 16 -

BPG I think you'll find that's a doorway, not a frame of a mirror.

Lay off the drugs, drugs are bad mkay

Oooops...:eek::eek::eek:

Sure looked like a mirror to me, until I looked again.

Bugger, so much for the idea of recruiting vampires.

Have got to get my eyes checked...

He is the last of the current players to be seen wearing the old jumper. Anchorman? Ron?

As an aside, I own that whole outfit, too.

The more I think about this pick, the more I like it.

We need elite gut runners, it has been a big weakness in our midfield. How often do we complain that guys are not running/working hard enough?

He sounds like a bit of a clown/pest, but in a good way. I think it is good to have these sorts at a club. He seems confident too, that video with Daicos was great. His standard set shots vs Daicos also looked decent enough.

I agree.

Apart from KPFs our biggest need is clearance winners on the ground. Sounds like he has the tools. We've never got over Haselby's decline and loss. These sort of players don't need to be fast, they just need to get to each contest. Haselby and Barlow have shown that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the club have got this selection right it will be a very important thing for us. Would love a Joel Corey type player in our midfield.

I am expecting that he will debut though. Really early stages but from his profile he would sit in the "most likely" category for me. After that, who knows.

I think the minimum for him would be to debut this year. I see a lot of reece conca in this boy, smooth mover with good skills and a bit of height. If given a good run at it i reckon he should be aiming for a rising star nomination (although personally i think pitty could be the one to beat there)

I think the minimum for him would be to debut this year. I see a lot of reece conca in this boy, smooth mover with good skills and a bit of height. If given a good run at it i reckon he should be aiming for a rising star nomination (although personally i think pitty could be the one to beat there)

I hope you're right, he hasn't really impressed me the times that I've been down to training.

I hope you're right, he hasn't really impressed me the times that I've been down to training.

yeah... well dont worry he'll be a gun. ive got more confidence in pitt becoming a force in the afl than i do morabito. personal opinion of course :)

Im confident. probably not many will agree, but in 5 years time i'll be bumping this thread ;)

I too have high hopes for Jayden. However in theory Sheridan should develop three or more times faster due to his high endurance and bigger body size.

I too have high hopes for Jayden. However in theory Sheridan should develop three or more times faster due to his high endurance and bigger body size.

agree with the endurance, not sure that sherrin is that much bigger than pitty though

agree with the endurance, not sure that sherrin is that much bigger than pitty though

Pitt has put on 7kgs on a starting weight of 70 odd kgs. Sheridan at 76 kgs is therefore the same weight now but without the extra year of development on an AFL list.

I'm with you on Pitt though - to me he looked super cool in possession for an 18 y.o. in 2011. Was feinting in his debut AFL game! Can't wait for him to build his tank and body size.

Morabito was taken Top 5 in a far stronger draft than Pitt's and had a far better debut season than Pitt, has far more weapons and the only area Pitt has over him is disposal, which he didn't really impress me with anyway to be brutally honest. Think it's a ridiculous call but I know KPR has some sort of agenda when it comes to Mora so I'll leave it be.

On topic, Sheridan has a rude haircut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back