• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPP or Clarke for mine - went with Clarke

For me the real question is :
Mid or Forward

Impossible to predict who will be left at 25 but mid for mine

SPS at #5 and the inside accumulator Clarke at #25. Clarke also a leftie which improves our balance.
Topped the contested possession stats in TAC Cup, we don't need two absolute star inside players
(ie adding Brodie to Cripps), but Crippa needs back up. Clarke over the last 2 seasons has played a
variety of roles. First noticed him in last years GF as a bottom ager playing a defensive role. Not a
one trick pony which will impress Bolts and co.

Would be torn if Gallucci was available at #25, but don't see him lasting that long.

If Battle makes it to our pick 25 or whatever number it becomes, I believe we will take him. Elite kick.

Really hope we get Kerr, grandson of the great Laurie.

I picked Berry because IMO he will be the best player from this draft and when he develops into a midfielder they will call him the next Danger, Bont or Fyfe. The sad part is I think the crows will pick him at 13. I'm hoping we pick Brodie (pick 5) and SPP (pick 25) add them to the number 1 clearance player in the AFL with Pickett and Cunningham that's a solid starting midfield and then we just need depth.

SPS and Drew for me too otherwise Brodie and Bolton would be next option either combination will at depth to our midfield for the next decade.

Voted for Atley.

Good family, good skills and more inside work than his brother.

Safe option that should give us 150-200 good games barring injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see a couple of those names gone by our 2nd pick.

If all still around, the Pepper Shaker for me, without blinking. Can play forward/back and in the middle. Closest thing to Martin I have seen, with a better tank. But I would expect he would be long gone

Unless there is a huge slider, this would be my order of preference

B. Cox (Voted)
Clarke
Berry
Florent
Fisher

Maybe Gallucci ... but would love Venables to slide to 25 , cant see that happening though .
I reckon that tag has been applied to more than a dozen players, so between them and academy picks, one of them is going to slide.

Clarke or Drew and I took Drew.

Some Phantoms have him in the 40's, but he seems to have traits that may be appealing for us.

Gallucci could easily pop his head in here also.
Checked some of Drew's bio Harks - looks pretty good for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Strengths:
  • Inside beast
  • Clearance machine
  • Endurance
  • Strong overhead
  • Scoreboard impact
Willem Drew is everything you would want in an inside midfielder. While he has his limitations, he just wins one-on-ones and pumps out clearance after clearance.

In the TAC Cup, Drew averaged 23 disposals, of which a remarkable 13.7 were contested, a rate of 59.6 per cent – the highest of any midfielder in the competition. To add to this, Drew also averaged 7.1 clearances and 7.7 tackles per game, which is an astonishing effort.

While his inside game is what will get him drafted, the cherry on top is his ability to impact the scoreboard. Drew will regularly sneak forward and take a strong grab and kick a goal a game, which is important in modern football. With many first year players more likely to play either forward or back before becoming full-time midfielders, Drew will begin as a forward at AFL level and work his way into the midfield.

However endurance is not a problem for Drew given he has run a 15.5 beep test, in the elite levels of the test and would go close to topping the test at the AFL National Combine. His endurance enables him to run all day, so if he was thrown in the deep end through the midfield, he would be able to cope playing as a full-time midfielder.

An advantage Drew has is that he is ready to play AFL immediately. Any player that can win 60 per cent of his disposals in a contest is not going to have to rely too much on development to have an impact at the elite level. Another rare aspect that others may not know is that at 18 years of age, he is already a triple premiership player.

Last edited:
I reckon that tag has been applied to more than a dozen players, so between them and academy picks, one of them is going to slide.
Is true one or two will fall down draft order and we will all be amazed at how they are available , so i'll be hoping Venables slides into our team

Is true one or two will fall down draft order and we will all be amazed at how they are available , so i'll be hoping Venables slides into our team
IIRC there are about 45 players per draft that slide and the team that takes them is shocked they were still there at their pick.

Voted Gallucci but just watched him now & didn't hit a target in 2mins of footage. Pretty much the same for PP & Clarke.

Switched to Drew or Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back