Podcast Draft Preview, 2019 - No Presents For You

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t touch on category B or NGA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Category B has always been a complete mystery, they've always come from left field.
Below is a full list of our NGA this year, so likely be one or two of these guys who end up cat B:
Poch Amores
Izeldin Bol
Jermarl Daly
Fangak Gatluak
Aliyud Luko
Grahame Murphy
Preston Rosario
Atem Deng
Maximilien Fabre
Nyika John
Sebit Kuek
Jacob Msando
Massimilian Romaine
Fred Ruremesha
Dylan Satriya
Yugusuk Soka

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During the podcast there were (legitimate) concerns that Geelong would raid the WA talent on offer and make us look a little foolish for giving up so much to get Kelly

Have to say that these fears weren’t even remotely realised as Geelong avoided taking any WA players with their picks. In fact, what they’ve ended up with from their Kelly picks is a little underwhelming albeit that they still have two future 1st round picks (11 and 19 ;)) to use as a result of the Kelly trade

During the podcast there were (legitimate) concerns that Geelong would raid the WA talent on offer and make us look a little foolish for giving up so much to get Kelly

Have to say that these fears weren’t even remotely realised as Geelong avoided taking any WA players with their picks. In fact, what they’ve ended up with from their Kelly picks is a little underwhelming albeit that they still have two future 1st round picks (11 and 19 ;)) to use as a result of the Kelly trade

Don't they now have 3 first round picks?

Their own (#1)
GC (#11)
Ours (#19)

Don't they now have 3 first round picks?

Their own (#1)
GC (#11)
Ours (#19)

They do, but I was referring to the 2 they add as a result of the Kelly trade - our first and the Gold Coast compo pick that they secured by trading one of this years picks we gave them

The Kelly trade will be judged in part by the quality of what Geelong bring in with the picks we gave them. I’m not overly fussed with what they’ve done so far but since they still have two more first rounders to use from the trade it’s premature to judge

Questions for tonight’s pod HoneyBadger35

1) Which player(s) that were available at the time of our selections are our experts most disappointed that we overlooked.
2) Jarrod Pickett as a SSP - good or bad idea and if not him then who else should we be considering

The Kelly trade will be judged in part by the quality of what Geelong bring in with the picks we gave them. I’m not overly fussed with what they’ve done so far but since they still have two more first rounders to use from the trade it’s premature to judge

I would argue the trade will be judged on what output TK has, given he was brought in to push our flag aspirations today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back